PDA

View Full Version : what is the most annoying thing about your 3gee.

pixiesfan78
03-14-2004, 11:48 PM
i dont know if this has been posted before or not but i thought everyone needed a place to bitch about there cordy.so post your annoyiances here and feel free to offer advice to others about there annoying problems if you got a solution for it.come on whore it you know you wanna.

lightbulblxi
03-15-2004, 12:13 AM
the only real prob i have is that i am a tall guy, so if i have the steering wheel up its too high, but if i lower it to where it is comfortable, i always bang my knees on it, i i will like push in the clutch when i get out, and right now it hurts to cuz my ankle is all fucked up

Moodybluesr
03-15-2004, 12:36 AM
No cupholders... :(

Until my little fabrication project is done. :D

pimp86LX
03-15-2004, 03:15 AM
since my 3g accord is gone, ill speak of the 3g lude.

#1 - Stupid Sunroof Leaks!

#2 - Power steering leaks a little

#3 - Inner tie rod boot is FUBAR

#4 - Thats it! ludes RAWK...so do accords.

BDaccordguy
03-15-2004, 06:15 AM
#1 - My Drivers side strut squeaks like a mofo sometimes. Sounds like a bunch of lil birds.

#2 - How my car has to warm up before i can drive it anywhere.

Ravenix
03-15-2004, 07:48 AM
the complete lack of torque and the stuttering and the est 13 miles to the gallon

Dennis
03-15-2004, 07:53 AM
my drivers side door doesnt open and pwr steering leaK

Rendon LX-i
03-15-2004, 09:23 AM
windows roll up slowy, thats all i can think of now

MrBen
03-15-2004, 09:59 AM
POS is always in the shop.

Cyric_accord
03-15-2004, 10:08 AM
She leaks oil like a mofo

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/3/web/423000-423999/423206_8_full.jpg

pixiesfan78
03-15-2004, 11:04 AM
having to wait untill its totally warm before driving also hardto start when hot .throwing parts at it sucks to.

seitosi
03-15-2004, 11:10 AM
since my 3g accord is gone, ill speak of the 3g lude.

#1 - Stupid Sunroof Leaks!

#2 - Power steering leaks a little

#3 - Inner tie rod boot is FUBAR

#4 - Thats it! ludes RAWK...so do accords.

how do you solve the trunk rattle? loose tools?

NXRacer
03-15-2004, 11:11 AM
no problems what so ever. i wonder if its because i drive a MINT hatch? :D

My only problem is that its gutless and everybody knocks it because its old. But that will be fixed shortly. . . . . . . .

A20A1
03-15-2004, 11:53 AM
A big money pit for my projects... Too loud, too fast, gets me lots of tickets. :D lol

crwa
03-15-2004, 12:13 PM
Windows go up and down kind of slow, and right now, not being able to drive it because its camping out in the garage until I swap from auto. to manual... But its given me time to do a few things like a new steering wheel, custom tail lights and then a new autometer phantom tach...And the fact that I'm never happy with it, I will do one thing, and then change it again a few months later

$mokenB'$
03-15-2004, 12:33 PM
1- need new muffler (its falling off)
2- i have NO 5th gear (its like neutral)
3- theres no cloth on the ceiling (o well)
4- moon roof leaks (only some times)
5- ITS SLOW!!!!!!! (i need a fast car)

all this things would be fix only if i had MONEY!!!!!!!

FatDave
03-15-2004, 12:39 PM
No Cupholders, faded ugly plastic inserts on the doors, broken latch on the glove box so it will just fall open for no reason, like when i hit a bump or the wind blows or it just freaking feels like it and the drivers door outside door handle that i'ev replaced 3 times, and the most annoying the fast idle control, but i can live with it all, at least the bumper hasnt fallen off, like my 74 oldsmobile

erics86dx
03-15-2004, 01:54 PM
and the est 13 miles to the gallon
your car needs a tune up then if your only getting 13 miles, thats hella low, thatst like a 82 bronco, hella bad mileage

no cup holders
no cloth roof
car makes squeaks and crap due to lil fender bender a while back
smells like eggs sometimes after going high speeds
not fast enough
the fact that it will be a money pit
having a dx without power locks and windows
steering wheel is kinda big
slowly leaking anti freeze

Bigmaxxin
03-15-2004, 03:27 PM
its alwaysin the shop, slow windows, the gay ass wheels that came with mine, and also its got bad paint.

Mike's89AccordLX
03-15-2004, 03:29 PM
No matter what exhaust system I have had or what muffler or header I have always had some sort of exhaust rattle that was annoying.

cdscowboy
03-15-2004, 03:46 PM
Random rattles, buzzes, and other noises drive me crazy!! I'll keep smacking my dash for like 5 mins till I get them to go away. hahah
Door *clicks* when opening/shutting...I think I just need a new one of those little arm thingys
It's auto (but only for a couple more days!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D)
Burns some oil, and can't figure out where it's coming from...

RustyHo88
03-15-2004, 03:52 PM
1) Bad valve guides
2) Intermittent idle problems
3) Rust spots
... none of these things are honda specific, just problems I have with my Accord. Here are my Honda complaints:

1) Friggin complicated vacuum advance system
2) Over-complicated electrical system
3) Rear-view mirror support thing sucks
4) Rear window defroster sucks
5) Oil seals suck
6) EMISSIONS!!!

RobT5580
03-15-2004, 03:57 PM
That coupes didnt come with factory sunroofs, rear wheel well rust problem, and any rattles irritate me. Luckily my nice coupe is not bad but my other coupe has a lot of rattles and the suspension feels real sloppy but its got 170K on it and im not putting another dime into that car unless i have to. Othat than that i really have liked the three 1989 Accord Coupes that i have owned.

zero.counter
03-15-2004, 04:07 PM
The seats give me a backache after about an hour of continuous or stop and go driving...
Also, the aftermarket suck for this car, but I still love it! :)

Morpheus
03-15-2004, 05:11 PM
I dont have it anymore. :crying: :crying:

pixiesfan78
03-15-2004, 07:33 PM
well this thread is taking off much like i thought it would. word on the stupid rear view mirror support mines broken from the in side when i really crank my system it starts ratteling against the window lame........

pixiesfan78
03-15-2004, 07:36 PM
oh yeah love my car hate the carburetor.

lightbulblxi
03-15-2004, 08:27 PM
i got another one, it has a sprinkler in the back, when i let it idle, it will looks like ariver behind my muffler, and when i rev it, u can see tons of water shooting out.

MrBen
03-15-2004, 08:31 PM
Yeah the rattles and creaks drive me nuts, fortunately, I always have the radio on so I never hear them.

HatchCord
03-15-2004, 08:49 PM
i hate the fact that my head gasket blew :( but i have mad love for this car

out of all the cars ive owned this is the best damnit! i love the lxi seats i love the sound my straight piped exhaust sounds so much i named my car "THE GROWLER" i love that its a hatchback and i love that its pretty damn quick for being stock. ive beaten h23 ludes with only a filter on it.

i know this was a negatives only thread but i had to get that off my chest... i love my 3gee!

(don't worry buddy i'll fix you soon!)

diegoaccord
03-15-2004, 08:59 PM
Hate:

1. The engine.

2. No driver-facing console like CRX, 2G Teg, or Eclipse.

3. Lack of aftermarket

4. Limited supply of rear discs

od2681
03-15-2004, 09:09 PM
some times shakes when i brake..sometimes doesnt..
the sound the cardboard thing on the rear window makes...its a hatch
the bounciness cuzz of rear shocks and the crappy roads in houston.
constantly worrying bout going fast and breaking somethin...this is a big one..
kinda feels slow nowadays..duno why..
constantly having to adjust hte idle valve thingy cuzz of weather..when its cold.i have to tighten it.when its not i have to loosen it..like today..it got hot all of a sudden outside and the car just died on me cuzz rpms dropped to 200 or less
windows rol up slow
the door locks dont lock from teh inside cuzz the plastic thing is broken..so hav eto lock and open from the outside all the damn time..
this is all that i can think off
oh the clear coat fucked up on the roof.

bobafett
03-15-2004, 09:25 PM
rattles like a mofo (gutted is why)
idles too high (2000rpm until alllll the way warm)
buzzes in stereo (do to msd not accord)

really i dont have anything to bitch about that i didnt modify or change myself...maybe my drivers side door doesnt look like it closes all the way... and car vibrates like mad with my subs way up

BITESIZE
03-16-2004, 01:19 AM
Glove box, enough said.

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/7/web/379000-379999/379742_94_full.jpg

Vinny
03-16-2004, 06:38 AM
My poor accord was abused before I got it so I have alot to bitch about.

Alot of things are ghetto on it, mostly just missing things here and there, misrouted hoses and shit like that
The thing I hate the most and anyone who knows my car will tell you this. The damn things was so neglected that EVERY time I fix something 2 more things break. Did the se-i rear conversion, found a bad master cylinder. Changed the master cylinder, ruptured a brake line. Replaced the front brake lines and did a front brake job, now I have a rubbing dust shield. Put on my Koni's get home now I have a hella loud squeal from either the alt belt, alt, or water pump. So annoying. Friggin car always does this BS to me

I guess I can't complain too much, especially when I get 32 mpg at 90mph

paynt3r
03-16-2004, 06:41 AM
My biggest bitch, is that the rear drain tubes for the moon roof keep clogging up. So if it is raining, or I expect it is going to rain, I have to make sure to park somewhere that the car is slopeing down towards the nose. Otherwise the watter builds up in the back section, and at the first stop sign I get a quart of water down my back. And for some reason, it only happens on the drivers side. The only other thing I hate, is that for some reason when I hit the brakes, the steering wheel shakes. This happens off and on. I replaced the brakes, calipers, disks, and axels, and it still happens. I finally gave up and just live with it!

Dennis
03-16-2004, 08:19 AM
oh and my horrible vacuum leak that won't let my car get over 80mph :(

DanLXI88
03-16-2004, 09:10 AM
Mild leak from Moon roof into the driver side floor ARRGH! And lately the passenger’s side rear sometimes squeaks. Besides that have always loved this car.

If any of you all know what the deal is with the squeak could you PM me or something please thanks

NotFast
03-16-2004, 06:32 PM
most annoying thing about my 3gee is that its in alabama and i'm in texas and i can't drive it

AccordEpicenter
03-16-2004, 07:09 PM
only things i dont like about the accord... its slow and it doesnt have much aftermarket support... thats it.

Sabz5150
03-16-2004, 07:51 PM
Oil leaks. I've got a few of 'em... Hopefully I'll have time to pull the engine and clean 'em up this summer.

Busted_Blue
03-17-2004, 08:40 AM
suspension is too soft (raised 1.5inches).

That will all change soon. :D

Project-LXi
03-17-2004, 04:15 PM
1) Stamped steel control arms, and no company that makes tubular ones.

2) Front Wheel Drive

3) Weather striping on front pass side window impossibly jammed into guides, making window almost impossible to move.

4) The black coating over the silver on the rear windshield molding flakes off, looking ugly.

5) The little plastic "bolt" that holds up the interior celing panel in the back of the car doesnt work at all, making the roof sag slightly.

Nothing else really comes to mind, I know cupholders is a problem for lots, but I got SE-i cupholders ;)

Project-LXi
03-17-2004, 04:19 PM
2 more:

Glove box looks exactly like BITESIZE's

and

The door open sensor is messed up so when i corner hard, it says the door is open.

XxDark_AccordxX
03-17-2004, 04:21 PM
1) Passenger side door doesnt open from outside
2) Power windows ALWAYS a problem. Only my side works
3) Oil leaks no matter how much i spend to fix them

Thats about all i can think of. My harness too but thats not the cars fault. Haha i got cup holders tho. i went to Walmart, bought a $10.00 cupholder and installed it behind my parking break. Works better than my friends stock ones :)

XxDark_AccordxX
03-17-2004, 04:23 PM
whoops. Meant parking brake***

i.c.
03-17-2004, 04:35 PM
either my speakers work and i gotta pump my clutch to start it...or the speakers don't work and it starts right up...

lightbulblxi
03-17-2004, 06:12 PM
originally posted by BITESIZE
Glove box, enough said.

have u tried tightening the 2 screws that hold up the glove box?

Burban88
03-17-2004, 06:25 PM
1. door senser goes on and off

2. coupe not big enough for person over 6'

3. when slowing to make a turn then giving it a little gas coming out it down shifts like I just stomped the gas pedal then upshifts.

4. paint has lepracy

5. smell of oil burning when I get out of the car

but I still love her!!

Dragonfly
03-17-2004, 06:43 PM
My missing left fender make a lot of wind noise at highway speed
engine love to diesela after i turn off the ignition when i use the cheap gas

sccrsteve5
03-17-2004, 08:30 PM
Engine diesels at turn off.
Slow.
Don't care for the interior color.
No cig lighter.(cell phone charger)
Rear view sucks and its like jell-o when my subs hit.
rear defrost doesn't really work.
carb.
auto.
trunk rattle.
bad suspension.
big holes in the lower part of the bumper.(putting lights in, so that will change)
right front brake sounds like a lil metal on metal scraping.(been fixed dozens of times)
i'm done. peace

BITESIZE
03-17-2004, 10:29 PM
Oh yah, the stupid window molding rubber stuff flaked off below my side rear window. BASTARDS!

pixiesfan78
03-18-2004, 02:04 AM
stupid passenger broke off the rear passenger doorlock knob basterd one more junk yard part to serch for the list grows.why i do even have power locks with these brainiacs its pointless

carfreak
03-18-2004, 09:37 AM
#1 power windows dont go all the way down with out a push. They also go down very slowly

#2 left front brake squeaks when driving at slow speeds (it squeaks when i'm not pressing it. But when i press the brake it will stop squeaking for about 5 min.)

#3 when subs a on, everything in the dash rattles.

thats about it....

88accordhb
03-18-2004, 06:47 PM
[QUOTE=BDaccordguy]#1 - My Drivers side strut squeaks like a mofo sometimes. Sounds like a bunch of lil birds.

omgosh! my car squeaks like birds too! i don't have a sound system soo when i'm driving like at night when it's quiet, IT GETS SOOO ANNOYING. CHIRP CHIRP CHIRP!

XxDark_AccordxX
03-18-2004, 08:41 PM
[QUOTE=BDaccordguy]#1 - My Drivers side strut squeaks like a mofo sometimes. Sounds like a bunch of lil birds.

omgosh! my car squeaks like birds too! i don't have a sound system soo when i'm driving like at night when it's quiet, IT GETS SOOO ANNOYING. CHIRP CHIRP CHIRP!

lol wow mine too. i thought i was just my car..hahaha

Sean
03-18-2004, 08:53 PM
ok stop bitching about aftermarket its comming. weve already dumped $$$$$$$ and thousands into accordcentral.com weaher you know it or not.

secondly the only thing i bitch about is the damn bastard ass flywheel. makes getting a good single plate clutch a real challegne.

other then that nothing much to bitch about other then stock motors mounts. they suck.

Not like a rock
03-21-2004, 07:49 PM
Hate the rust.

Something wrong with my transmission:

The stick only moves back and forth, and there is no clutch pedal.

Oyvind Ryeng
03-21-2004, 09:14 PM
*Weak power windows
*FWD
*Rust attatches itself to the body just like that
*Big-ish steering wheel
*Instrument-housing looks cheap
*Bent gearing linkage makes it hard to get it into 1st & 2nd gear
*Outside lock seems cheap and/or weak
*9ft. long gearshifter
*Nervous clutch; suddenly engages when the pedal is almost out (worn?)

AccordArizona89
03-21-2004, 09:32 PM
my glove box too! and the steering shakes a little. that brake lamp thing on the gauges says it like broke or something... and maroon interior

MrBen
03-21-2004, 09:41 PM
Glove box, enough said.

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/7/web/379000-379999/379742_94_full.jpg

Take off the bottom cover below the glove compartment. Tighten the screw on the right side all the way, and loosen the screw on the left. Adjust as necessary and, if needed, put in rubber door pad thingies as spacers.

HondaBoy
03-21-2004, 10:00 PM
huh, well im kinda late on this. but i'll complain about a few things. not that i couldnt fix all of them. ok, first the windows should open a bit faster, although they arent as slow as some of my other friends cars. hehe. mine leaks oil from the distributor O ring. it has some rust on the right rear quarter panel, oh shit i forgot thats the body shops fault! its an automatic, manual is more fun. a/c doesnt work. will always peel out and spin the tires with anything less than performance tires, thats not really that bad unless im racing or pushing it around corners. ok, so you can see all that stuff is something i can fix! just need some time.

amalgumjoe
03-21-2004, 11:13 PM
Okay......where to start.......my antenna is ripped off (courtesy of some asshole in a parking lot), but I want to replace and relocate it anyway. There is one light in the gauge cluster that doesn't work ( the light that lights up aprox. 1 - 15 mph and the high end of the tach). Drivers side corner light....the cover is broken. How if it's not driven in awhile, the passenger compartment starts to smell like antifreeze after a 1/2 hour or so of driving (I got it checked out....all I supposedly have to do it replace the thermostat, it sticks sometimes, I just haven't gotten around to it yet). No power locks, doesn't bug me that much. Lack of adequate (at least in my taste) engine power, stereo system, and brakes. I honestly don't think all of this is too bad for an 18 year old car though. I think my complaints are minimal, although there are a few things I'd change if I had the money, but as far as I'm concerned the Accord was the shit in it's day. From what I remember it's always been either 80's to early 90's Accord's or Preludes for me. Flip up lights kick ass.

Iceman0647
03-21-2004, 11:27 PM
ok i wanna know if anyone else has this stupid problem-----the stupid hood prop is not connected to anything and it just lays around my motor somewhere and it pisses me off - ok and just some normal stuff like the car squeeks while im driving around - oh im running on 3 cilinders out of 4 wich sux i prolly have like 10 HP - my system rattles shit like hell - my steering wheel is crooked - my drivers side window is broke like hell you can roll it up and all you want and it doesnt move - and the winner out of all of them is the G@Y @$$ PURPLE FRIGGEN WINDOW TENT- PLEASE HELP ME TAKE IT ALL OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

netfreak
03-21-2004, 11:50 PM
lets see

1) honda needs to learn how to build auto trannies
2) the passenger's feet bathe in coolant

yeah my accord is pretty much useless

Not like a rock
03-22-2004, 12:00 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot about the GOD DAMN HOOD RODS. No one seems to have the little clip that holds it in place. The junk yard has NONE LEFT. Every time I look at another 3G the hood rod is loose or, like me, they just keep it in the back seat.

BTW, I drove my first 5-spd. 3G today. I knew it would make a difference but I wasn't expecting that much. I was giggling out loud as I test drove it. I've compared auto to manual 4G and the difference wasn't as pronounced. Now I can't wait to get a manual tranny in my car.

Hash_man_Se_i
03-22-2004, 12:00 AM
Well... lets see here
1.) Can;t figure out why the F*CKIN car idles rough and sometimes dies after long drives when I try to start it up again... IM ALMOST READY TO PAY HONDA $90/hr TO FIGURE THIS BS OUT!

blah... sorry, it angers me.

2.) Sunroof leaks, but i'm told my drains are just clogged, but I don't know where they are, lol.

3.) Every little thing keeps falling off (window trim, trunk rack, blah!

4.) Takes foooorrreeeeeeveeerrrr to bleed the brakes.

5.) RUST! need i say more.

rforce27
03-22-2004, 05:40 AM
My car look awfull and require a load of bodywork. The autochoke is annoying, sticking from time to time or not properly working. There is a leak behind the glove box, but could not fix it until now. Load of rust to take care of. The car exhaust is noisy because the cat have been removed and i use a cheap muffler. The damn rear drums are hard to adjust and don't seem to brake equaly (and also mean the hand brake don't lock tyres too well).

On the bright side, the car run well, don't cost too much fuel, and does grip well with the 14" i have put on it. And it got plenty of trunk space compared to my other car.

BITESIZE
03-22-2004, 02:12 PM
My clock works when it wants to.

XxDark_AccordxX
03-22-2004, 02:37 PM
haha my clock does that too. Wow alot of u guys have rust problems. Ive never seen that on my car before. wow i have that SAME problem BITESIZE. same side and everythin. thanx for the tip ghettoaccord ill fix that right up :)

sccrsteve5
03-22-2004, 08:07 PM
Go get a little hook for ur hood rod(i guess one that would go into a wall...put a nut on the back of it to tighten it. it should work. just pick a hole on the front edge and stick the hook in. tighten the bolt and you've got a rod hanger)...i dunno the actual name for it but i have one. my dad got it. and it hangs just fine. love it now

Brettmans5
03-23-2004, 11:36 AM
Where to begin....ok...the mold, I have a chia pet interior because of it. The rust, its ugly and trying to repair it is going to be a bitch. The carb, oh how I loathe the Stock LX setup. The fact mine is a base model LX, no power mirrors (in fact no mirror on the passenger side), no power windows, no A/C, no console, no nothing in fact. The abuse the previous owner inflicted on it (oil…it is something you should change). The 2 blown CV joints, Low Rpm engine rattle, squeky upper control arm bushing, rusted out exhaust, etc etc. And to top it off...NO INSURANCE!!!!! Nothing like having a car you can’t drive (not that I would want to considering the shape it is in).
The only reason I am not getting rid of it, 1, I paid nearly nothing for it, 2, I am getting a 89 Ex-i from the ICBC rebuild lot for 500 Canadian, its got some front end damage but its mostly cosmetic (fenders, hood, rad support, wheels & tires, headlight assembles, bumper and some other bits). The rest of the car is mint, no rust, no damage, interior is spotless, its fully load (I think, no word if it has A/C), and it has lowish kilometers (I think its around 160,000km or so). Surprisingly the front end parts on my car are the parts that are in the best shape, so I figure a few weekend of work and I should have a nice car, just got to get 500 bucks together to buy the ICBC car and get it towed to my bros place to do the work.

Blkblurr
03-23-2004, 01:11 PM
Mine is the leather seats have cracked and look like hell. Cost a lot to get them fixed. That rattle that these cars get is easy as hell to fix. Just go to the hardware store and get some springs like the kind you have on the bottom of an ironing board. stretch them around the pipe and heat shield and hook them back together. Cost about 4 bucks and will last as long as the exhaust system does. Just did this to mine.

pixiesfan78
03-26-2004, 09:49 PM
what is with the auto tranny like the way it downshifts real hard after you slow down and then hit the peddel again? is ther any way to fix that? other then getting a manual transmission

pixiesfan78
03-26-2004, 09:52 PM
keep em comin guys this post is destined for good things.

Andrew
03-26-2004, 10:17 PM
Car has cost me more money to fix in the last 3 months than I paid for it...
No cup holders (my passenger seat is suffering)...
Doesn't like cold weather much, usually have to start it twice...
Got owned by a dump truck recently...
The guy that drives it is a complete asshole...
If I didn't love it so much I would have put it down a long time ago.

Not like a rock
03-26-2004, 11:22 PM
All you guys complaining about no cup holders... That's what the space between the hand brake and the passenger seat is for. I used that as a cup holder for 4 years and never spilled anything. A bottle of coke fits in there very nicely.

Another thing I'm getting sick of though, is the way that my accord seemingly spawns more accord parts to fill up the garage including a messed engine with all efi stuff, stock exhaust system, trunk liners, 6 winter tires, 4 low profile winter tires, 4 low profile summer tires, 4 summer tires that came with the car, three sets of rims, 2 more spare rims, and an automatic trans on the way as well as a rusty trunk lid.

Guess that's what happens when you have to replace EVERYTHING. And if anyone wants some beat to hell SEi leather seats, I just may be your hook-up.

89LxiAg
03-27-2004, 04:37 PM
try silicone spray in the side tracks.

I had a similar porblem with my passenger side window. It wouldn't roll down as fast as the driver's side, and then it got so bad that it would squeal as it was going down. I took it to a friend's glass shop and we soaked the rubber gaskets all around the window frame with silicone spray and then rolled the window up and down for a few minutes until it sounded better. Then a few weeks later I sprayed it again with more silicone spray (blue can from Napa) and it rolls down like a champ now. Good luck.

Nonsnz
03-27-2004, 04:59 PM
i dont dislike my accord in any way its just to hard to fynd parts for it kuz new hondas are "supposably" taken ova but im a 3rd gen so i live wit it kuz i dust them hatas off!!!!

Hash_man_Se_i
03-27-2004, 05:30 PM
Mine is the leather seats have cracked and look like hell. Cost a lot to get them fixed.

I totally agree. its a pain... luckily I only have a few real cracks, the rest is just aging and it doesnt look to bad, so i will get the cracks fixed and save for some Sparco's.

Another thing thats really annoying, is how with my sub the 3rd brake light sometimes rattles against the back window... I think i might try putting felt or something in between those two surfaces to stop the rattle.

fuzzy audio
03-28-2004, 01:30 AM
NO RIGHT HAND MIRROR!

1. leaky carb (avg 27mpg)

2. noisy breaks

3. no AC, pwr locks or pwr windows. (it's a DX)

Really, it's not much to complain about. I've got Brembo Rotors on the way, a 89 carb sitting rebuilt in my room. Gotta do a timing belt/water pump change here in the next month or two and many the engine mounts, other than that, I love this car!

my86dx4dr
03-29-2004, 01:27 AM
1)leaks oil onto cat (exhaust cat and the cat that sits under there when parked)
2)needs muffler
3)goes through alts like an alcoholic and a 12 pack
4)silver car with maroon hood and 1 headlight is fugly
5)GOD DAMN GLOVEBOX DROOPS!! (we all experiance the pain)
6)valve tapping
7)radiater leaks when full
8)no heat (heatercore-RIP)
9)NO BACKUP LIGHTS ...always been this way too
10)repairs are like having a monthly 300$ car payment
11)DX-nuf said
12)wont climb walters hill with 400lbs of sandbags and 4 people besides me
13)seat dont go far enough back
14)no right side mirror
15)headlight cable on drivers side wont stay on when lights pop up and down, so lights are stuck up for now till i figuer the bitch out :dunno:
16) someone told me its not worth more then 500$ resale value :huh: :pc:

AD9SloAccrd
03-29-2004, 12:13 PM
i would say that the lack of power it has but that is also due to my money situation, which is pretty much nothing

88ebrake
03-30-2004, 09:59 PM
mine is mint almost exept a little trim fade and it revs weird in nuetral

pixiesfan78
03-31-2004, 11:08 PM
spongy brakes are everyones like that or do i need to replace the proportioning valve or master cylinder. i have like 2 inches of dead peddal before the pads contact the rotors it has brand new calipers and pads i bled the shit out of it theres no leaks at all in the break system. what do you guys think?

BITESIZE
03-31-2004, 11:10 PM
spongy brakes are everyones like that or do i need to replace the proportioning valve or master cylinder. i have like 2 inches of dead peddal before the pads contact the rotors it has brand new calipers and pads i bled the shit out of it theres no leaks at all in the break system. what do you guys think?

I have the same problem! :owned:

pixiesfan78
03-31-2004, 11:26 PM
I totally agree. its a pain... luckily I only have a few real cracks, the rest is just aging and it doesnt look to bad, so i will get the cracks fixed and save for some Sparco's.

Another thing thats really annoying, is how with my sub the 3rd brake light sometimes rattles against the back window... I think i might try putting felt or something in between those two surfaces to stop the rattle.
hashman you need to port the rear dash dude trust me it wont rattle as much and the bass will sound like the backseat is down .get some cheap port tubes from ebay or something. goodluck.

ssophab
04-01-2004, 08:36 PM
windows roll up slowy, thats all i can think of now

Just spray some oil on the rubber tracks... worked for me.

Wood9669
04-01-2004, 08:50 PM
-windows struggle to make it up
-driver side window falls out if its rolled down
-passenger door doesnt open
-passenger door doesnt lock
-passenger mirror doesnt move
-rear seat belts dont work
-brakes have bout 2 inch deadzone.. (i kinda like it actually, vs driving my dads 2000 accord.. i hate his brakes, u tap em and u STOP.)
-gas pedal has like 1 inch deadzone..
-some cord hangs down under my steering wheel and tangles up in my pedals sometimes
-brakes dont work if i hold them for more than 15-20 seconds (gotta use ebrake or into park every stoplight...)
-no cup holders!!!
-passenger window rattles
-i think my subs messing up my tails
-the sun or rain black things above the windows got broke so i took em off and now theres sticky shit all around the windows
-passenger door handle hangs there instead of... being attatched..
-headlights are EXTREMELY weak
-its an automatic :rolleyes:
-its a 4 door
-i press the lock button to lock doors and it locks them once, then the motor keeps going trying to lock them another 3 or 4 times.. i guess just to make sure? i dont know why.. but its annoying
-the right-front fender is all f*cked up
-windshield has "Oops!" stickers on it cuz it looks like it was in a gangsta shootout in new york city
-leaks oil
-cruise control is more like acceleration-control (set it for 55 and you will be going 75 within 30 seconds)
-brake lamp light comes on whenever it feals like, even tho they are fine
-the auto trans stays in 4th gear even going like 20mph and the car is about to stall and i have to pull it down to "3" on my own
-the power steering goes out now n then
-the whole car shakes when i start braking
-when im acclerating the dash rattles
-rough idle
-trunk has to be slammed as hard as possible just to shut
-antenna gets stuck
-the wiper-squirter thing sprays the car's windshield BEHIND ME.. (who the hell made those things squirt 20 feet???)
-my temperature guage is always pegged out past the red but it comes down sometimes (no, its not really that hot) and iv replaced water pump n thermostat already
-moonroof leaks unless i park with my rear end higher than my front end (pain in the ass backing into some places just so my car doesnt get soaked)
-some birds took massive sh*ts on my car and it managed to mess up the paint on part of the trunk
-no armrest/center console
-the area around the key ignition is wide gap and i always stick my key in the gap instead of in the ignition and try to turn before i realize i missed the hole
-the modling around the windows dont line up
-the steering wheel isnt aligned, to go straight-the steering wheel must be turned about 30º
-the horn is a joke, i honk it and people laugh

well thats all i can think of off the top of my head..

89cordlx
04-02-2004, 12:11 AM
car rattles and shakes like a mofo at stop lights due to bad motor mounts (help me Sean), window trim, paint is going to shit, part of my trunk lights broke (on the inside), weak power windows, one doesn't even work due to lack of a switch, Konis are discontinued, and the misc. creeks and noises, thats about all I can think of

icemoxy
04-02-2004, 04:07 PM
My '89 LXi is a rot-box. I have yet to see one around here that doesn't have rotted rear quarter panels(and rocker panels and trunk lids). The bolt that holds the front strut fork to the lower control arm was seized and I had the pleasure of cutting the bolt off and replacing the lower control bushing while the control arm was still on the car. I was showered with hot Honda rust. I CANNOT understand why the half-shaft will not fit through the strut fork!? Oh yeah, I also got to replace all 4 ball joints, inner tie rod ends(had to remove the right half-shaft to tighten the right inner tie rod- instead of using a hex nut, they had a "nut" with only 2 flats ground on it). I drove the lower ball joints out of the knuckle and removed the rubber boots from the new joints, froze them in dry ice and they dropped right in. I didn't have the funds to do the wheel bearings at the time, so I'm pretty sure this will be coming back apart within a year. I also discovered that my wheel well is rotting away around my front upper strut mount. That does worry me. I almost forgot about the sway arm bushings and link kits. That is all I had to do to stop the incessant and deafening rattling. I thought I got a deal when I got the car with a broken timing belt. Fortunately, I was able to take the head into work and fix the guides, grind the seats, mill it, etc. I gotta tell ya, that front suspension - over-engineered and so spindly(and you can't pull the half-shafts through that strut fork) When it is really, really quiet at night and I walk out to my driveway, I swear that I can actually hear my quarter panels rusting. Other than that, it's a great car.

Chadroper
04-05-2004, 06:37 PM
1. Finding parts is almost impossible.
2. When something does break there is almost no support for it even from a Honda dealer
3. There are some parts that if you break it the car is down for a week or 2 waiting for the part and it will be something stupid like an EGR tube or a thermostat housing gasket or a bushing.

Chadroper
04-05-2004, 06:45 PM
Actually the DX coupe I have seems to be constructed quite sturdy. Its far more sturdy than my Cavalier and it handles about 4 times better.

Icemoxy where you live. Both of my cars never had any rust. I never had any trouble with corrosion.

Wood9669
04-05-2004, 07:27 PM
Actually the DX coupe I have seems to be constructed quite sturdy. Its far more sturdy than my Cavalier and it handles about 4 times better..

most 3g's are..
hell, iv hit a garage and driven it to 60mph in 2nd gear and i cant get it to die (when it dies im hopin i can think somethin up for insurance company to give me some $$)

icemoxy
04-05-2004, 08:11 PM
Actually the DX coupe I have seems to be constructed quite sturdy. Its far more sturdy than my Cavalier and it handles about 4 times better.

Icemoxy where you live. Both of my cars never had any rust. I never had any trouble with corrosion.
Hey Chadroper - I am in Western NY. You should see the way these things rot out up here. I guess that is what is so frustrating. If the body was solid, it wouldn't be as tough to replace all these parts. With this rot,the life expectancy of this car is severely limited. So, can you find me a rust-free one? Doing the mechanical repairs would then be worth it.

TWOLOUDNPROUD
04-05-2004, 08:24 PM
My most annoyiances THE :gun: Exwife :rocket:

BMS
04-05-2004, 08:34 PM
My biggest tick about the 3g is that it takes a long time to warm up, and it's a bitch when it's cold. When I'm in a hurry and I try to just get in and go it sputters and stalls and hesitates and all that. If it were efi I bet I would like it a ton more.

AQcz
04-06-2004, 08:27 AM
My only real complaint is not being able to find aftermarket parts. Somebody said something about "www.accordcentral.com." Checked it but server is down. Will check later

pixiesfan78
05-12-2004, 09:28 AM
that stupid brake light indicator on the dash is always on no matter what i even disconnected the sensor at the master cylinder.and also the fact that some asshole broke off my power antenna and one day im gonna have to replace it after it annoys me for a while. the paint is crap if i havnt' already mentioned that. anyways i just wanted my thread back at the top of general. so anybody else got a new annoying problem?

edgar
05-12-2004, 03:10 PM
omg wiring makes me want to scream way to many wires. It took me three days to find a short. Other than that great car except for the rattling...

Bloodlust
05-12-2004, 03:47 PM
#1 Drivers side power window sometimes doesnt work
#2 Sunroof leaks air really bad and sounds like a hurricane when going over 45mph
#3 Clicking sound whenever slowing down
#4 Reverse guages sometimes go out
#5 I can never get my headlights at the right level
#6 Power steering leak and minor oil leak
#7 At the moment my headunit doesnt work and thats really pissing me off

Thats about it for right now.

86ACRDLX
05-12-2004, 05:09 PM
The color! and no where to put cups or anything...

i.c.
05-12-2004, 05:21 PM
My biggest tick about the 3g is that it takes a long time to warm up, and it's a bitch when it's cold. When I'm in a hurry and I try to just get in and go it sputters and stalls and hesitates and all that. If it were efi I bet I would like it a ton more.

that happens to you too????

i thought that was just mine :sad2:

pixiesfan78
05-13-2004, 04:26 PM
my drivers side window does not seal right it leaks water when i wash the car and it sounds like "a hurricane when im going over 45" in fact thepower windows in general are absolute crap. guide rails suck motors arent strong enough and why the hell dont the rears go down all the way its not a child safety thing they only stay up like two inches thats more then enough open window for any kid to hop right out. i think im going to custom install hydrolic wench motors on em that way when i hit the button it slams the window through the roof.........................................sweet .

Shifty
05-13-2004, 07:28 PM
Driver side lock is damaged (cant get in).
Shock absorbers are stuffed n noisy.
Accords rear end is too high, and front end is to low so it scrapes on cement parking block things.
Car always gets to hot instead :P .. even in winter

Not like a rock
09-20-2004, 07:37 AM
I was driving my accord back to the shop after they fucked up my strut mount bushing. I was going slow and there was someone tailgating me, so I turned on my hazard lights to let them know what's what. But the switch broke and now I can't turn them off.

thegreatdane
09-20-2004, 08:34 AM
That pos just wont stop rusting.. aghh..

Oyvind Ryeng
09-20-2004, 09:40 AM
Accords rear end is too high, and front end is to low so it scrapes on cement parking block things.
*Sniffle* - I wish my front end was that low. I can't hardly scrape anything, and I can even fit a pack of Marlboros between the ground and the lower subframe (under the engine). Also, I'm to poor to afford GroundControl/DropZones + revalved Bilstein-combo. Pic! (http://oyvindryeng.net/v2/accord_full/accord_02.jpg)

maka_RTH
09-20-2004, 09:49 AM
i'd have to say that currently the most annoying thing on my 2dr would be the hole in my block...

Justin86
09-20-2004, 09:55 AM
lack of performance parts, but some of us are taking care of that. :D

windows go up and down slowly

steering wheel shakes

Gemini2003
09-23-2004, 09:30 PM
Oh boy....

1. RUST!
2. Read driver door wont open from the outside
3. Child safe windows in the back
4. It's a little cramped to have sex in
5. No cup holders
6. It's ALWAYS breaking down!
7. It leaks oil
8. The hood doesn't line up correctly
9. The seats need stitching
10. It loves eating my money

phenox
09-24-2004, 09:01 AM
for some reason or another my car stops (like turns all the way off) when braking we got a guy to look at it and its been better but theres always that feeling....

keruhas184
09-24-2004, 10:06 AM
hashman you need to port the rear dash dude trust me it wont rattle as much and the bass will sound like the backseat is down .get some cheap port tubes from ebay or something. goodluck.

:huh: Um... maybe because I'm not a native english speaker I'm not exacly getting you.... Are you saying we should wrap the cables under the rear dash with some tubes? I would like to know cause my rear dash rattles too...

88Accord-DX
09-24-2004, 11:01 PM
I don't have to much to bitch about my Dx other than I have the same problems as Bitesize (glovebox & platic coming off around the back window)
1. It does chirp from bushings on the lower control arm (annoying) Good thing I got 500watt amp & two 12"s in the back.
2. Some rust in the driver fender well, (going to be fixed some day)
3. Going to have as much $$$ in the car as I paid for it ($1500)
4. Don't care for having to lock my driver side door with the key. (sucurity b.s. for Accords not locking the keys inside your car)
5. Engine got hot a few times. Cheap thermostat (yanked the thermostat out) replacing with a fail safe one.
Other than that, dealer parts are expensive. My Accord is probably one of the most realible cars overall than others I've owned over the years.

maka_RTH
09-25-2004, 01:07 AM
4. Don't care for having to lock my driver side door with the key. (sucurity b.s. for Accords not locking the keys inside your car)

you know that when you open the door from the inside, keep the handle pulled and then lock it. it works just fine. i do this all the time now.

88Accord-DX
09-25-2004, 01:12 AM
you know that when you open the door from the inside, keep the handle pulled and then lock it. it works just fine. i do this all the time now.
Good deal, I didn't even think of that. I'm going to do that from now on. Thanks once again! :) I seen I can't spell security while drinking a few brews. (sucurity) :kekeke:

maka_RTH
09-25-2004, 01:33 AM
lol, no prob dude. anything to help a fellow 3g'er :rockon:

njpeter
10-16-2004, 01:48 PM
timing belt changes. replacing exhaust systems

I got nuthin to complain about for a 17 year old car with 275k

I got nuthin to complain about for a 16 year old car with 225k

Prick from ebay sold me an accord with a bad tranny, and knew it. 166k miles, now slowly donating body parts to the other cars. I use the trunk as a tool box now.

Klue
10-16-2004, 01:56 PM
most annoying thing about my car, is that i have no money to spend on it

k-roy
10-16-2004, 02:09 PM
the worst part about my car is not the rust or the long warmuptime, its the fact thats its slow.

'A20A3'
10-16-2004, 06:56 PM
4. It's a little cramped to have sex in

True, but I used to do that shit regardless! :lol:

I believe that the long warm up time would be contributed to the fact that the block is iron. All the cars I've ever seen with aluminum blocks warm up rather quickly.

My biggest complaint is that I'm too fucking lazy to work multiple jobs so that I can make people afraid to race me even though I really want to.

hootymo
01-16-2005, 11:17 PM
Prick from ebay sold me an accord with a bad tranny, and knew it.

damn i thought i was the only one that had this problem, i just bought my 87 lx from a guy on ebay who said it simply had a bad cv joint. i bought the thing for 200 bucks and had it towed home to find that the cv joints were fine, he said it was pulling to the right really bad and thought it was a cv joint. come to figure out that it just needed new tires to cure that problem, one of them had a huge bubble in it. but to top it off, the real problem with the car was that it needed a new tranny!! so i put that in and find out that the water pump is bad so i need to replace that now, the windshield is cracked, didnt know that from the auction either. i wanted another accord but i wasnt expecting one like this... he said in the auction that it runs, drives, stops, and goes. then explain why i had to have the car towed home first of all, then i get home to find that it needs a new tranny!!! what an asshole... seriously. but it is an accord, so it is worth every penny i spend on it. and fixing this one up will give me lots of learning experience working on these cars, cuz ive always wanted to do my own work on my accords but havent trusted myself, but i feel a little better now that i have learned how to replace my own tranny and i am going to be doing a water pump and other little things. i guess i just got what i paid for... im done venting now :rolleyes:

snow_man_20
01-16-2005, 11:46 PM
I really don't like the way you have to hold that handle to lock it, no i really hate that, and the sunroof sliding cover rattles, i try to drownd it out with the stareo but the more i turn the sub up the louder the rattle gets, im makeing payments on a 15 year old car, i have factory rims with the paint pealing off the center caps, the back trim around with window is pealing, it's all stock, and like alot of are cars it's also slow. :crying: it's all good though i still love her :)
:stupid:

KoNEY
01-17-2005, 12:01 AM
The only things I hated about my 3G:

1. Ugly color
2. Even UGLIER int. color
3. Bad oil pump
4. Bad alternator
5. Doing the motor/lude control arm swap and as well as replacing ALL ball joints at same time.
6. Shaved fenders kept popping out when under pressure, requiring a grind-out and refilling.

Single thing I hate most about my 3G, however, is the stupid space it left in my driveway that my 5G tries to fill up, miss that car a lot.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/4/web/484000-484999/484343_43_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/4/web/484000-484999/484343_103_full.jpg
^^Damn, what an ASS shot!!^^
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/4/web/484000-484999/484343_104_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/4/web/484000-484999/484343_102_full.jpg<===This pic gets used a LOT.