PDA

View Full Version : THE LAW a few questions

Dragonfly
03-15-2004, 07:24 AM
ok How doi find out whats legal and whants not for my car.... can i paint over the front side markers? can i put clear bulbs in the front bumper's flashers? i live in Ga but i go in to alabama and tenesse a lot :beat:

Dennis
03-15-2004, 08:45 AM
www.google.com :) it helped me.

BDaccordguy
03-15-2004, 09:10 AM
well, i would beleive its legal for you to paint your front side markers as long as the reflector still shows through. I think blinkers can be clear, orange or red so clear lights in your blinkers should work. I have clear bumper lights and have not been hassled.

Blue Impact
03-15-2004, 09:11 AM
You're gonna have to do extensive researching if you wanna go in depth. This means that you're gonna have to look up the current vehicle codes for those states. I'd say do whatever as long as you're not being bugged by the cops about it. You can paint your sidemarker as long as it still get the job done, meaning still works almost as if it came that way from the factory. As for clear bumper bulbs, I don't see why not. Or do what I did, get orange bulbs for the clear lenses. :D Good luck.

PsychoPaul
03-15-2004, 04:21 PM
try a police station. i know in ontario they have the PACER program. Which basically teaches the people on the street and in turn teaches the police etc. Unless you really hate cops then don't bother. But might help you in the long run.

NXRacer
03-15-2004, 04:28 PM
most of the time, the local drivers manual will tell you what you have to have when it comes for lights. Most states its illegal to have anything but red and amber in the back and amber in the front. Sometimes you can get away with white turn signals in the front, but you might not get away with it. Some places cops are pretty picky about white lights showing (besides your headlights of course) in front or back.

If you have red and/or amber in the back and amber/white in the front you are pretty safe, it just depends on your local laws and how picky the police are.