PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Control and Horn Problems

Jokez
03-15-2004, 01:33 PM
I have an 89' Accord and while driving to college not to long ago my cruise control and horn stopped working. You KNOW it sucks not to have a horn but i can live without the cruise control. Its not the fuses. I have taken the whole steering column apart and i can't find the problem. Any suggestions? email me pleez.

-Jokez

shepherd79
03-15-2004, 02:30 PM
probably vacuum leak.
horn, they are known to burn up.

mag_pbg
03-15-2004, 02:38 PM
I would check the connections on the horn itself, thats what was wrong with mine, and the little connecter inside the steering wheel wasn't hoocked up either.

Jokez
03-15-2004, 02:41 PM
I would check the connections on the horn itself, thats what was wrong with mine, and the little connecter inside the steering wheel wasn't hoocked up either.

The horns are fine. The connection in the steering wheel is connected. Is there some other internal fuse for the horn and cruise control? maybe a alt power switch? or a ground box? ......my horn started going off on the way to college so i pulled over and dissconnected both of them, later on i reconnected them and they now are dead along with the cruise control.

mag_pbg
03-15-2004, 02:43 PM
If it wasn't what I suggested, then maybe a fuse allthough I can't remember if there is a fuse to the horn, I can't remember if it is in the car or under the hood I will go and look in a sec.

Mac
03-15-2004, 02:48 PM
Did you check fuse #4 under the hood in the fuse/relay box?

Moodybluesr
03-16-2004, 02:07 AM
The set/resume buttons for the cruise control systems on many Hondas (including the 3gee) are wired through the horn system for some reason. So you will have to fix your horns to get the cruise control to work again (or bypass the horns in the cruise's circuit). It sounds to me like your horn's power lead grounded out somewhere and you're going to have to find that short to fix the problem.

HondaBoy
03-16-2004, 09:25 PM
id say it could very well be corrosion of some kind where the electrical connection is. like on my power window switch. the on/off togle switch needed to be cleaned. now it works fine. my switch for my cruise control went out, i think the buttons are just bad.

AccordEpicenter
03-17-2004, 07:32 PM
Moody is right, if the horns are no good or not connected your cruise wont work, thats how all 3gs are wired, very strange. Just go grab a crappy $8 horn from napa or some shit... as long as you have a horn in the circuit you should have your cruise back.

Jokez
04-22-2004, 09:15 AM
I found the problem. One damn horn wasn't grounded. Problem solved. Cruise control is back along with the horns all because of one horn.