PDA

View Full Version : I was Wondering.....

BKKloppenborg
03-15-2004, 03:54 PM
I was wondering can i put a older prelude engine in a Honda Accord? I have a 89 accord LX 98 hp and it runs shitty. Muffler is about to fall off, radiator overheats, and engine is tired. Any good upgrades i can do to make it faster since i am probaly gonnna replace soon? I was thinking about a cold air intake, a new muffler, and the plus 20 hp speed chip on ebay. Any openions? thanks. :rice: :stupid:

cdscowboy
03-15-2004, 03:56 PM
20hp chip is fake, don't buy it. Don't know about the Prelude engines fitting...I know some of them had the A20, but I don't remember which years. Get a muffler and make a CAI out of a 94-97 Accord kit or 90-93 Integra kit off eBay.

shepherd79
03-15-2004, 04:03 PM
since you have LX, carb, you will have to fabricate your own air intake.
if you want more power you can swap engines, from 88-89 EFI accord. it had higher compression.
you can stay with carb, or you can convert to EFI by using www.accordcentral.com GM comversion. it is easy and it would bring some HP back.

cubert
03-15-2004, 05:26 PM
id say go with a different car..start with a base thats not tired

1988starter
03-15-2004, 05:35 PM
ha ha ha + 20 hp speed chip sme kid at my school said he has one I just laughed

BKKloppenborg
03-16-2004, 01:05 PM
ha ha ha + 20 hp speed chip sme kid at my school said he has one I just laughed

You can get the chip off of ebay, my uncle bought it and he is a machanic and he says it works but only for fuel injection carborators. :burn:

speedpenguin
03-16-2004, 01:49 PM
You can get the chip off of ebay, my uncle bought it and he is a machanic and he says it works but only for fuel injection carborators.[QUOTE]

fuel-injected carburetor? is that an oxymoron? or am i the moron?

BKKloppenborg
03-16-2004, 02:15 PM
You can get the chip off of ebay, my uncle bought it and he is a machanic and he says it works but only for fuel injection carborators.[QUOTE]

fuel-injected carburetor? is that an oxymoron? or am i the moron?

I ment the new carborators that are out not the old ones, on the older cars.

BKKloppenborg
03-17-2004, 09:16 AM
Performance upgrades
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vtec Header, K&M filter, cold air intake, mufflers (flowmasters or magnaflow) have not decided yet, new sparks plugs, wires, cap, rotater, ignition, speedchip.

Possible Performance upgrades
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
All that but insteed of a 98 hp engine when it dies a B16 moter 160/hp with Vtec.

Look upgrades
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
New gagdes, spolier, paint job, neon lights, cd player, new speakers (mine are blown), and other small things.
------------------------------------------------------------------------ :redx:

speedpenguin
03-17-2004, 05:48 PM
had me confused for a minute

BKKloppenborg
03-18-2004, 06:31 PM
had me confused for a minute

Why were you confused for a minute?

2ndgenludedude1986
03-18-2004, 07:45 PM
the prelude engine will fit. if you decide to stay carbed you can get the engine from a 85-87 carbed lude. then you will ahve the dual sidedraft keihns. there nothing special but better than the single carb your running now. the a20 in the SI ludes is in the 86-87 and is a direct fit. but liek someone already said i woudl go witha 88-89 lxi engine the a20a3. rated to have 10 extra horsepower and has higher compression. i have a 89 a20a3 goign into my lude, only im runnign it carbed witha weber 38.

BKKloppenborg
03-18-2004, 10:59 PM
the prelude engine will fit. if you decide to stay carbed you can get the engine from a 85-87 carbed lude. then you will ahve the dual sidedraft keihns. there nothing special but better than the single carb your running now. the a20 in the SI ludes is in the 86-87 and is a direct fit. but liek someone already said i woudl go witha 88-89 lxi engine the a20a3. rated to have 10 extra horsepower and has higher compression. i have a 89 a20a3 goign into my lude, only im runnign it carbed witha weber 38.

Yup still not sure about getting new car or upgradeing o well.