PDA

View Full Version : i want a new look on my Honda...

BKKloppenborg
03-15-2004, 04:04 PM
I was wondering some things about apperance, one are the Neon Lights cool under the car and in the car? and i heard they are llegal in California is this true? Other then that i will probaly get the white gadges, and a spoiler on my car. :rice:

shepherd79
03-15-2004, 04:08 PM
IMO neon lights are gay. everyone have them and why would you want to look like christmas tree anyway.

Mike's89AccordLX
03-15-2004, 04:19 PM
A set of full clear corners would be sweet.

NXRacer
03-15-2004, 04:24 PM
what ever you do, do it tastefully. Dont just slap a big aluminum wing on there or some fatty neons. Those are one of the last things to do if you do it at all. Get some wheels, lower it and maybe rig up a lip kit of some sort (ideas available if you search). doing those few basic things can improve the looks of your car 100%. If there is any body damage like rust or dents, get those fixed first before you spend money on anything else.

BKKloppenborg
03-15-2004, 06:56 PM
what ever you do, do it tastefully. Dont just slap a big aluminum wing on there or some fatty neons. Those are one of the last things to do if you do it at all. Get some wheels, lower it and maybe rig up a lip kit of some sort (ideas available if you search). doing those few basic things can improve the looks of your car 100%. If there is any body damage like rust or dents, get those fixed first before you spend money on anything else.

I hate those aluminum wings, i like those already painted spoilers that are smaller and go in the back of the car.

crwa
03-15-2004, 08:52 PM
Interior neon lights shouldn't be illegal, as long as the light up the floor or accent small interior features, but as far as under car neon goes, yes it is illegal to drive with them on, you can use them in a parking lot, in your driveway or at a show, but not for daily driving, I see some cars with them on sometimes, but its pushing it (You will either get a fix it ticket, which is a warning, or you could get a fine for illegal lighting- immitating an emergency vehicle)... In my car I have blue neon lights under the seats as well as in my sub box, you can also get city lights so that your head lights will glow which ever color you choose, I have had red ones and now I switched to blue, and they are illegal but you can get away with using them when it starts to get dark out, but not for regualr lights...

White gauges are a good choice, they look great at night, but be carful with spoilers, I would say go for an oem spoiler or something small and tasteful, some aluminum ones look good, but some look terrible, just find one that you like...

od2681
03-15-2004, 09:13 PM
neon lights are illegal on this board..
nah im just messin with ya..
neon lights are kinda wierd...
if you are lookin for a spoiler dont go all out and buy like a wing or somethin...they dont look good on our cars..unless you are pushing like 300+ hp and are running in a trakc race or soemthin...

BDaccordguy
03-15-2004, 09:49 PM
i have purple neons in my car and it looks pretty sweet IMO, and if u get gauges get the procarparts ones. They arent real hard to install and look fricken cool in both day and night.

Blue Impact
03-16-2004, 12:40 AM
I think the first thing you should do toward appearance is to lower your car...then you can do whatever after that. :D Good luck.

BITESIZE
03-16-2004, 01:21 AM
Rims can make or break your car...so get some rims.

paynt3r
03-16-2004, 06:09 AM
Yes, wheels are one of the first things to do! And definatly stay away from the giant aluminum Spoiler!

BKKloppenborg
03-16-2004, 10:11 AM
Im am still not sure about my parents giving me the car or selling me the car, if they sell it for 2 much i might just get a Nissan Maxima from my friend for about 5K. Thats a nice car! :rice:

I know i will get a nice set of rims, those white gadges, lower it, and maybye a nice spoilier and some interieor neon lights/ and better headlights mine are really really hard to see the road with.

BKKloppenborg
03-17-2004, 09:13 AM
Im am still not sure about my parents giving me the car or selling me the car, if they sell it for 2 much i might just get a Nissan Maxima from my friend for about 5K. Thats a nice car! :rice:

I know i will get a nice set of rims, those white gadges, lower it, and maybye a nice spoilier and some interieor neon lights/ and better headlights mine are really really hard to see the road with.

Performance upgrades
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vtec Header, K&M filter, cold air intake, mufflers (flowmasters or magnaflow) have not decided yet, new sparks plugs, wires, cap, rotater, ignition, speedchip.

Possible Performance upgrades
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
All that but insteed of a 98 hp engine when it dies a B16 moter 160/hp with Vtec.

Look upgrades
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
New gagdes, spolier, paint job, neon lights, cd player, new speakers (mine are blown), and rims, and other small things.

ChaseR
03-20-2004, 01:40 AM
what is a VTEC header?

Elijah
03-20-2004, 02:05 AM
Speed chip please I swear.If I see one more thread or post I'am gonna loose it.Your makeing me want to string up.Please do some reading before you post about things you dont know about.

PortugalFocus
03-20-2004, 09:01 AM
what is a VTEC header?

:dunno: diddo

BKKloppenborg
03-20-2004, 09:47 AM
f22a89accordLxi what is a VTEC header?

My uncle and some friends said its a header you can buy and take your old header off the top of engine and rebuild the top of it and then add the vtec heder in and the other parts you need for it.

dXsquared
03-20-2004, 09:55 AM
hahahaha... are you 12? 13? have you EVER picked up a few import magazines and read articles? im fuckin 17 and I know a helluva lot more than almost every "car guy" at my school.... you sound like a complete moron... i would suggest that you stop making posts until you figure out what you are gonna do with your "Honda 2.0 LX 98HP"

we call them accords...

Travis

BKKloppenborg
03-20-2004, 10:08 AM
hahahaha... are you 12? 13? have you EVER picked up a few import magazines and read articles? im fuckin 17 and I know a helluva lot more than almost every "car guy" at my school.... you sound like a complete moron... i would suggest that you stop making posts until you figure out what you are gonna do with your "Honda 2.0 LX 98HP"

we call them accords...

Travis

Wtf first off one if you want to know my age look at my damn profile two, i know very little about cars 3 i try to read car magizines but i have been 2 damn busy because i am trying to pass last year of high school, and i have a 200 page paper coming up so when am i gonna have time to read the magizine? i try to... :burn:
I love to learn especally if i dont know anything about it like cars i dont know jack shit about them compared to most. Because of this site i learned that i will have to but a b16 engine in my car to make it faster and i should put a turbo on that. I would like to thank the people who acually hepled me like BensAccordLxi , Sean, and some other people. They have acually showed me more about cars and people like you just forget you were once i the same position as me, Until other people taught you about cars. Dam now you got me all pissed off, and i have a baddd temper i have goten i fights, and broke a cell phone, computer, cd player, and a whole shit load of stuff because people are dumb and piss me off because they think they are perfect. Damn thats alot i wrote all those 10 page papers at school must have helped me write more. Anyways damn some ppl on this form are Assholes, but all the other ones are nice. I love to learn and i hope you remember that you were once in my postion so with that i quit posting and learn by my friend who will help me build the damn thing.

dXsquared
03-20-2004, 10:18 AM
1. its K&N

2. no one makes a SPEED CHIP for our cars

3. you have spent ALOT of time posting on here, not learning much.. you could be researching the car, instead of asking dumb questions that get you dumb answers

4. you dont HAVE to put a B16 in your car to make it faster.. for half the cost, 2000 dollars or so, you could have a VERY fast A20 that would rape a stock B16 anyday...

5. i was liek you once... but i didnt learn by asking dumb questions... i was 13 when i purchased my first import rag... that was 4 years ago... i read and read and have gone through about 5 subscriptions since then... and whenever i want to know about a new car, liek the 240SX im thinkin about buying, i research it... i never ask dumb questions on a board, cuz you always get .. SEARCH PLEASE.. YOUR QUESTIONS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED BEFORE...

thats all i have to say...

Travis

BKKloppenborg
03-20-2004, 10:30 AM
1. its K&N

3. you have spent ALOT of time posting on here, not learning much.. you could be researching the car, instead of asking dumb questions that get you dumb answers

4. you dont HAVE to put a B16 in your car to make it faster.. for half the cost, 2000 dollars or so, you could have a VERY fast A20 that would rape a stock B16 anyday...

5. i was liek you once... but i didnt learn by asking dumb questions... i was 13 when i purchased my first import rag... that was 4 years ago... i read and read and have gone through about 5 subscriptions since then... and whenever i want to know about a new car, liek the 240SX im thinkin about buying, i research it... i never ask dumb questions on a board, cuz you always get .. SEARCH PLEASE.. YOUR QUESTIONS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED BEFORE...

thats all i have to say...

Travis

ok so it was a litle typo K&N and its kinda hard to type well when your finger has a big guaze thing around it from almost cutting your finger open. Second wow your lucky your can afford those at 13 i could afford them then, i was getting no allowance. 3 of all they do make a spedchip

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2468443600&category=33598

last i do alot of reserch before buying something i did it with a cell phone, car, and many other things.

Elijah
03-20-2004, 04:26 PM
Did u look at the link you have there.It is not for our cars and they do not make them for our cars.I would like to see you bye a speed chi for our car and tell me how it works.And if you read Seans posts I never read them yet but I can bet he leaned you towards the a20 and not a b16 they r touqe less junk imo.

BKKloppenborg
03-20-2004, 04:51 PM
Did u look at the link you have there.It is not for our cars and they do not make them for our cars.I would like to see you bye a speed chi for our car and tell me how it works.And if you read Seans posts I never read them yet but I can bet he leaned you towards the a20 and not a b16 they r touqe less junk imo.

They make them for 89 Honda accords, i saw it my self to bad i cant show you by the links ebay wont let me. But if you go t chips on moters, and put 89 Accord in you will find it.

p.s i wil get chip and try it to see if it works my uncle says it works he is the one who rebuild a 65 thunderbird for noting. and yes i think i will keep the a20 engine.

ChaseR
03-20-2004, 08:32 PM
Ok that is not a "speed chip" its a Transistor and it does nothing.

BKKloppenborg
03-20-2004, 10:49 PM
Ok that is not a "speed chip" its a Transistor and it does nothing.

ok whatever i dont care anymore.

TWOLOUDNPROUD
03-20-2004, 11:15 PM

Yes someone dose Jet can redo your Ecu But it will Cost you $300.00 it help's 9 to 19 15 Hp that what jet say's :rice:

BKKloppenborg
03-21-2004, 12:42 PM
Yes someone dose Jet can redo your Ecu But it will Cost you $300.00 it help's 9 to 19 15 Hp that what jet say's :rice:

I wonder if it acually lets you gain that much hp though? :dunno: