PDA

View Full Version : Sliding Out!

HondaBoy
03-15-2004, 11:03 PM
ok, i was taking my '02 accord to the dealership for maintanence this morning and it was kinda wet on the road. well i havent drove it on wet roads for a while and im used to the 3gee with its nice yokohamas. i took a turn a little too fast and the damn cars back end slid around and im sure i could have easily wrecked it. good thing i didnt! its mostly my fault for doing that. but yeah, i think its about time for new tires on there. i'll take some pix of the tread and see what y'all think. also, that oil change and what ever else they did to it gave it some more power. when i took it for a drive it was letting loose as i floored it up through 1st, not uncontrolable like my 3gee can get. the 3gee with bad tires would spin worse. anyway, hold up and i'll get some pix maybe tomorrow. maybe i'll burn down those front tires and see what we can do. hope to get something nice like on the 3gee. probley not for a while though. oh, my grandma is doing most of the driving in the '02 accord for now, has some low miles. anyway, she doesnt think it needs new tires, but she hasnt drove in the rainy weather yet. hehe, she'll find out the hard way i guess when they front tires spin without punching it. that car is great for burnouts on wet roads!

shepherd79
03-16-2004, 04:43 AM
what kind tires does it have? brand?
and you should see if it needs new tires. if the worn out tire mark is level with tire thread it is time to get new tires.

HondaBoy
03-16-2004, 08:58 PM
they are michelin energy xrv4 plus. so stock, what comes on that model. the wear indicator is close, especially the back ones. i rotated them not too long ago. i'd say it should have some nice yokohama's on there. the are a bit cheaper than the original tires and have better wet and dry performance! also great on loose serfaces.

crwa
03-17-2004, 02:21 PM
Its rear wheel drive right???

NXRacer
03-17-2004, 03:03 PM
Its rear wheel drive right???
:rolleyes: a RWD accord? i wish there was such a thing. Even in FWD the rear end can slide out on wet pavement esp if the tires are worn.

MrBen
03-17-2004, 05:29 PM
I don't like Michelin.

Justin86
03-18-2004, 01:41 PM
:rolleyes: a RWD accord? i wish there was such a thing. Even in FWD the rear end can slide out on wet pavement esp if the tires are worn.
Yea I had my rear end slide around me in my 3G going about 70mph once. Talk about some scary shit, but it is very possible in a FWD car.

HondaBoy
03-18-2004, 02:06 PM
well, luckly its not going to be raining soon. even on dry streets it still slips when hard cornering and giving it gas. although most cars do that, it still needs new tires. ill be watching out for a sale at Sears, thats where i get my tires. always have good warrantee. and with the care package i have gotten, they will repair the tires when needed. its almost time to take my 3gee in and have the yokohamas rotated and maybe rebalanced. damn i still havent taken any pix. been working on my lights.