PDA

View Full Version : Open Door Light Stuff

damnthesenames
03-16-2004, 07:52 AM
:cool: <-- I Just thought that guy looked cool.

on the instrument cluster, there's the image of a car, when the doors are open it is supposed to tell you which one and stuff... Why doesn't mine? Could it be a blown fuse? *I've already checked them all* :) What could cause it? Also how much am i looking at to replace my rotors, they're warped to all hell...

_ Justin

Cheeseburger
03-16-2004, 08:11 AM
well i had the same problem. what i found was that i wasnt conected. it might be that

smufguy
03-16-2004, 08:15 AM
does your dome light work when u open the doors? if they do, then the door indicator on the dash should work. One of my door has a weird ass connection on the switch so the dome light does not come on and the indicator does not show that the door is open. I have to fix that, also its a door with funky ass alignment. Anywho, it could be a disconnected clip at the door itself or what not. It also could be a stuck switch, but if it does for all 4 doors its a long shot, so i dont know what it might be. it could be that its disconnected at the back of the gauge cluster or track them down to the place below the steering where they are connected in a huge bundle and you should be able to find out if they are at fault there.

damnthesenames
03-16-2004, 10:35 AM
If
those lights and the dome light at in series then that would explain the problem. My dome light is burnt out.

smufguy
03-16-2004, 01:34 PM
If
those lights and the dome light at in series then that would explain the problem. My dome light is burnt out.

i dont think the dome light is the issue, think of having ur dome light in the off position, it does not affect the door open indicators on the dash. my problem is the switch, i mean they are all connected, u open one door, the door light lights up for just that door, so yeah, its kinda hard to tell what might be at fault when the fuse and everything else is fine. I would say it could be the door switches like mine but as i mentioned all 4 switches being bad is just a long shot.

Does the light on the open doors light up? the ones on the bottom i mean

mag_pbg
03-17-2004, 08:57 AM
I have a simular prob. only my drivers side door does everything it sould but the passanger side door doesn't turn on anything.

smufguy
03-17-2004, 12:16 PM
I have a simular prob. only my drivers side door does everything it sould but the passanger side door doesn't turn on anything.

its most likely then the door switch, the spring gets rusted and they dont retract as they should to make contact. They are easy to take out and all u need is a phillips head screw driver and a needle nose plier to take out the wire connection in the back cause its a bitch to take out.

damnthesenames
03-18-2004, 01:15 AM
I noticed tonight that the light on the bottom of the door doesn't open... we'll see when i replace that if it solves the problem :)

smufguy
03-18-2004, 06:58 AM
I noticed tonight that the light on the bottom of the door doesn't open

:kekeke: :) :kekeke: hehehe, just wanted to make fun of you man. :) light does not open

Blkblurr
03-18-2004, 08:27 AM
Mine doesn't open either but it turns on. What might be the problem??? Just joking lol :lol: :kekeke:

damnthesenames
03-18-2004, 10:36 AM
ooopps : )

Jokez
03-18-2004, 10:57 AM
I had the same problem....i took my "open door thingy" in the door jam apart and stretched the spring out more and put it back together and now it works like a charm.
-Jokez

HondaBoy
03-18-2004, 07:52 PM
well since i dont know what the dash display problem could be, i'll answer your brake disk question. you should expect to spend anywhere from $35-$60 on a new set of disks. for ones you'll find at most auto store, i say about $40. maybe less! i need new rotors and am trying to decide wheather or not to go with performance rotors.

smufguy
03-19-2004, 04:19 AM
brembo vented stock rotors should be ample enough. we dont have big brake kits or what not so slotted or drilled r just waste of money.