PDA

View Full Version : ughhh engine...

Brentm
03-16-2004, 04:33 PM
Today when I was driving to work, I was stopped at the first traffic light, and when I stepped on the gas, my car seemed to have no torque or anything, it very slowly accelerated. Second light that I came to, the car did the exact same thing, but this time it felt like it had even less power. Third light, press the gas to go and bang my car stalls (its an automatic) then when I tried to start my car again, the engine was flooded and it took a while to get the car goin, after I got it going, it ran like nothing was wrong. My car has done this a couple of times, but not consecutively. Please help me figure out whats wrong with my car:(

(sorry this post is so damn long)

my car is an 86 accord lx hatchback carburated.

1988starter
03-16-2004, 05:36 PM
when was the last time you did a tune up/cleaned the carb.

Brentm
03-16-2004, 06:02 PM
last time it was tuned up was about 2 months ago, carb got completly cleaned, and my whole engine got checked over.

Had my spark plugs, rotor and distributor cap done, the brakes changed, the carb cleaned, fuel filter changed.

smufguy
03-17-2004, 07:56 AM
did u warm ur car up before u started to drive? cause carbs need to be warmed up before u can drive if not they will surely fuck u up.

Brentm
03-18-2004, 09:54 AM
I didnt really warm my car up before, but this is only a problem when it rains, snows, or is wet outside, I check my distributor cap for cracks and I cant find any so I still dont know whats going on with my car.

Blkblurr
03-18-2004, 10:21 AM
Soumds like the choke may be sticking closed while it's warming up causing it to burn rich then pops open when you try to start it later.