PDA

View Full Version : gloss your tails.

88DXcoupe
07-11-2002, 07:29 AM
Hey, my taillights were kinda dull looking so grabbed this can of Testors "gloss cote" from my model car days and sprayed iton my tailights. they look alot better and clearer now. Just a $2.95 tip from steve-o:D

Mike89Accordcom
07-11-2002, 09:41 AM
A gloss cote huh. Have you already painted your tails red?

89AccordNate
07-11-2002, 11:17 AM
Yeah, clear coat does do that a tad, which is more or less what it is..just a testors name added to it :) to bad it will get a white tint to it over time..

Nate.

DBMaster
07-11-2002, 03:33 PM
Yeah, that's true, Nate. The Testor's stuff is just enamel, like Krylon. It will not hold up like automotive clearcote over time. you might want to wax the tailights when you wax the rest of the car!

I used to be really into buildings models when I was a lot younger. I still have a few of them - the ones I didn't shoot, burn, or run over with the car!

pearldrop
07-12-2002, 12:59 PM
You can get a plastic polishing kit from K mart for less than $10. It is basically just a foam pad that you attach to a drill and plastic polish. It works great and makes the taillights look better than new. After a little practice you can polish off all of the writing on the taillights that is on the outside and make them completely smooth. That is definitely the best way to go and it will last forever too.