PDA

View Full Version : Which car should i jack up?

BKKloppenborg
03-17-2004, 05:29 PM
I have a question my parents are gonna sell me or give me a 89 Honda accord LX 98 HP 2.0 litter, it has a lot of new parts in it carb, rad, and others. Is this the car i should jack up a little for about 4-5 G or should i get a Nissan Maxama which has a v6 215-225 hp 3.0 L? I was thinking of the Maxima more because it gives me a bigger boost. I have looked at maximas and they are about 5-7G for a good one. Should i just use Honda for transportation until i can get Maxima or just do Honda?

SteveDX89
03-17-2004, 06:35 PM
Your poll is a little off. The Honda has inline 4 not a v-4. You're also asking on a 3g message board so I think we're a tad partial. :)

smufguy
03-17-2004, 07:22 PM
i dont know if all the newbies got together and decided to post non-performance related stuff in the performance section. i dont know wtf is going on :dunno:

anyway, i would say go with the maxima since its a much newer car and im sure you wwould much appriciate it. This is only because both cars are attainable and are within reach. im sure it has ABS and 4wheel discs and airbags so ur better off with that.

I would have opted if u said it was an lxi, cause carbs are a headache.

lightbulblxi
03-17-2004, 07:26 PM
originally posted by smufguy
i dont know if all the newbies got together and decided to post non-performance related stuff in the performance section. i dont know wtf is going on

haha, and i thought it was the vodka i drank. whey, glad im some what sober.

BKKloppenborg
03-17-2004, 09:06 PM
haha, and i thought it was the vodka i drank. whey, glad im some what sober.

Sorry about that im new with this form. But ya i am gonna wait for more ppl to replay i am not sure still wut to get. :dunno:

Busted_Blue
03-17-2004, 10:33 PM
GET AN SEi!

86AccordLxi
03-17-2004, 11:34 PM
First off, don't use the term 'jack up," say something like "modify" or "build."

Second of all, what are you going to be using this car for?? To cruise around? Drag race? Autocross?? Just to get to and from school? If you're just looking for a car that will be super-reliable and get good gas mileage, stick with the Honda. If you're looking for a car that might be less reliable (i'm not familiar with maximas) and will probably get worse gas mileage (on account of bigger motor combined with your presumably heavier foot) then go with the maxima.
Also, the maxima is newer, which should factor into your decision. Either way, the aftermarket is not so great for either car. If you have the option between the Nissan and the Honda, I would take the Nissan on account of age and power. However, it sounds like you'll be getting the honda for free whereas you'll have to pay for the nissan; in this case, I'd take the honda, maintain it, and drive it forever.

1988starter
03-18-2004, 02:54 PM
maximas are very reliable my dad had 2 because he liked them so much. Also they are quite fast. If you want a challenge get the accord but it would take a lot of work to make the accord as fast as a stock maxima.

Morpheus
03-18-2004, 03:10 PM
He doesn't mean lift?

BKKloppenborg
03-18-2004, 03:24 PM
I would use they car for fun transportation, 98 HP is not enough for me. Damn only if i hadn't drove my Grandpa's old 65 Thunderbird with a 390 HP i wouldn't know the difference with power. :rolleyes: O well anyways i want a really quick car and would spend about 8-9 G on it. :rice:

diegoaccord
03-18-2004, 03:27 PM
Get Honda, swap B16A into Honda. Still not quite as fast as a Max, but it will be funner.

BKKloppenborg
03-18-2004, 06:34 PM
Get Honda, swap B16A into Honda. Still not quite as fast as a Max, but it will be funner.

How much hp does that engine have about? i want a funner car out of my older honda.

Cheeseburger
03-18-2004, 06:49 PM
ya man i would take the maxima just because the honda you got is an lx. if it were a lxi or a sei then i would pic the honda

86AccordLxi
03-18-2004, 07:48 PM
Do you have this mythical '8-9 gs' or is this potentially what you'd be willing to spend? If you want the quicker car, take the maxima, unless you're adept mechanically and are a) willing to convert to efi and go turbo, or b)convert to efi and do an engine swap (b16, b18). If you don't want to do the swap or turbo yourself, I'm assuming you're going to spend quite a bit of money having it done for you.

I'd say take the maxima, have a car to drive around in that's faster than a carbed 3g, and call it good.

Alex

diegoaccord
03-18-2004, 08:26 PM
160 HP, up from 98. It will cost $$$, but if you have the 4-7G's, that'll make it very possible, and then some.

BKKloppenborg
03-18-2004, 11:06 PM
160 HP, up from 98. It will cost $$$, but if you have the 4-7G's, that'll make it very possible, and then some.

Ya but not sure yet if i will get used car or keep it..