PDA

View Full Version : Hey, FINALLY TOOK SOME DAY PICS (Civic)

shane_lxi
03-18-2004, 12:19 AM
Well, I was tired of being bitched at, so, took some pics today on my day off, IN THE SUNLIGHT! It hurt my eyes soo. Here they are:

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/6/web/510000-510999/510445_20_full.jpg

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/6/web/510000-510999/510445_21_full.jpg

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/6/web/510000-510999/510445_22_full.jpg

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/6/web/510000-510999/510445_23_full.jpg

Thassit. Now stop bitching at me NX!!

Moodybluesr
03-18-2004, 03:05 AM
Not bad... almost makes me miss my EG hatch... but I sold it to my roommate so I see it every day anyway, lol. I think that car would look even sweeter if you shaved the side mouldings; they kind of interrupt the flow of the side view.

NotFast
03-18-2004, 03:31 AM
that looks alot better

SteveDX89
03-18-2004, 04:17 AM
Those wheels look pretty nice. Good looking car. Those bungee cords are a nice touch :D Oh, yeah, I almost forgot. Get rid of those altezzas. :321:

hondamanlxi
03-18-2004, 07:30 AM
Looks goods! Would look 10x better if you pulled the molding and color-matched the door handles

TJ89Accord
03-18-2004, 07:54 AM
Yah and get the hood fixed lol. Trust me, it's no fun having your hood flip up on you! And get rid of the altezzas ;).

tim

TJ89Accord
03-18-2004, 07:55 AM
Oh yah, I have pretty much the same car, but I just picked up a passenger side mirror and I got a cluster with a tack in it :bandit:

shane_lxi
03-18-2004, 10:12 AM
You got a cluster out of an EX or something in there? I thought you had to rewire a bunch of stuff to get that to work. If it worked for you, then I know hwere I oculd get one for like $20 off a totaled one. Seems like all you'd have to do is wire the tac up though

NXRacer
03-18-2004, 10:26 AM
it looks MUCH better in the daylight then at night time. Good pics shane.

Vinny
03-18-2004, 10:50 AM
Looks pretty good definitely looks better in the daylight without someone sitting on the hood. Did you paint those wheels? I thought they looked white when you first bought the car. I'm confused about something though shane. You bought new springs, a muffler, and camber kit for your car, but your hood is held down with a bungee cord????? Am I the only one who thinks theres something fundamentally wrong there?

shane_lxi
03-18-2004, 12:21 PM
Vinny, you make a good point. Why spend nearly $1700 on Lowering kit, camber kit, new muffler and new wheel when there is a problem that can easily be solved simply by spending about $25 to fix. The answer is simple, I am lazy. Picking out a new set of wheels is fun, installing a lowering kit is, IMO, fun. Picking out a muffler is both fun, exciting and a gamble cause you never know how it will sound. However, fixing the hood means pulling of the fender, finding the right hood cable, and being annoyed as my sausage fingers try to push it thorugh pen sized holes, and possibly punching dents through the doors. :P. Not fun. So, I did the fun stuff first :D.

Did you paint those wheels? I thought they looked white when you first bought the car.
I bought a new wheels. I am trying to sell the white ones right now, I hate those. These are a new set of Grey Quantum Tek SO2's. Here, I'll show a pic of both so you can see the HUGE difference :D.

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/6/web/510000-510999/510445_1_full.jpg

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/6/web/510000-510999/510445_21_full.jpg

DanLXI88
03-18-2004, 01:08 PM
I liked the white ones they would look really nice on my 3g if they would fit that is. I'm not a big Civic fan but yours looks nice man keep up the good work. Oh yeah the hood is kinda ghetto bro...

NXRacer
03-18-2004, 01:17 PM
they will fit

HondaBoy
03-18-2004, 01:49 PM
ah, so you were finally tired of or bitchin for day pix. looks good. now i see why you had your dad sit on the hood. why is it that it is slightly poped up? well, hope to see that thing looking better and better.

XxDark_AccordxX
03-18-2004, 01:58 PM
Looks really good. Whats wrong with ur hood?

$mokenB'$
03-18-2004, 02:07 PM
...I bought a new wheels. I am trying to sell the white ones right now, I hate those. These are a new set of Grey Quantum Tek SO2's....

is there somthing wrong w/ them?? if not how much u selling them for and what size are they?

Moodybluesr
03-18-2004, 02:18 PM
You got a cluster out of an EX or something in there? I thought you had to rewire a bunch of stuff to get that to work. If it worked for you, then I know hwere I oculd get one for like $20 off a totaled one. Seems like all you'd have to do is wire the tac up though

The EX/SI/VX clusters with tachs will plug directly into your car with no rewinring required. Plug and play. I put an EX cluster in my CX hatch and it worked perfectly. It was even easy to swap the speedos to keep the same odometer reading; three little screws and it just pops out.

If you can get an EG cluster with a tach for $20, snap it up! They sell on eBay regularly for $50-$125, if you don't just use it yourself.

shane_lxi
03-18-2004, 08:35 PM
I liked the white ones they would look really nice on my 3g if they would fit that is.
Why wouldn;t they fit. They are 4-1.00 just like ours. And 17"s fit with minimal rubbing.
Here is a little info on the wheels if anyone is interested (please only people within driving distance of Washington)
- 17x7.5 Enkeis (forgot the model name)
- Good condition, slight curbage, only scratched the paint, not the metal
- Need centercaps, or lug covers, easily attainable

MAKE OFFER!!!

Looks really good. Whats wrong with ur hood?
The hood latch cable broke like the day I bought the damn thing. So now I have to either fix it myself, or pay a body shop to do it (only one place in town will do it, the other shops say it is too big of a pain in the ass) and the body shop want $120 to do it. :(

XxDark_AccordxX
03-18-2004, 08:38 PM
The hood latch cable broke like the day I bought the damn thing. So now I have to either fix it myself, or pay a body shop to do it (only one place in town will do it, the other shops say it is too big of a pain in the ass) and the body shop want $120 to do it. :(

Ouch that sucks. Sorry to hear that

shane_lxi
03-18-2004, 11:02 PM
I am just going to put pins in. It might look crappy, but at least it will be alot safer for highway driving. It won't look that bad, and I haveto do something or I'll end up messing the car up more :P. Pins go in on the 25th(ish). Then I'll do another daytime shoot. And yes, I will try to include my Girl, but I don't think she'll go for me saying "Okay babe, I am going to drive over to the river and use it as a backdrop for taking pics of my car, will you sit on the hood for me and look sexy?" lol. :D

blazin3gen
03-18-2004, 11:08 PM
god damn man about time u got a good shot of those Rims shaweeeet

HondaBoy
03-18-2004, 11:53 PM
ok, i see about the hood. put some tasteful hood pins on though. im sure you can make a good decision considering how the car is looking great.

ivanfbi
03-19-2004, 01:10 AM
Hey, Shane, where the fuck is Grays Harbor? I live in Sattle, I would take a look at the wheels. How much do you want for them?I have heard that you have like 3 or 4 sets of wheels.

shane_lxi
03-19-2004, 07:27 PM
LOL. I have a crap load of wheels letme put it that way. Two sets are at Schwab's. Since I am an employee, I have to sell those ones through schwab's since I bought them there. The white ones came on the car though, so I can sell those for cash :D. Gray's Harbor is actually the county in which I live. I actually live in Hoquiam Washington. Maybe if you PM me, we could work outa meeting place. just make an offer on the wheels, and we can go from there.

TJ89Accord
03-20-2004, 08:49 AM
Yah the cluster will plug right in. I got mine off Ebay for 30 bucks shipped! I lucked out. But yah, it will plug right in, and like someone else said, you can swap out the speedometer so you can keep the same mileage. I put indiglos on there while I was doing mine.

tim

shane_lxi
03-21-2004, 04:58 PM
Oh yeah, can't you get like a fine if you change the mileage on the car? And is it tough to switch out the speedo? I don't want to fuck it up. My speedo cable is dead anyhow (speedo doesn't work right now :( )

TJ89Accord
03-26-2004, 08:36 AM
Oh yeah, can't you get like a fine if you change the mileage on the car? And is it tough to switch out the speedo? I don't want to fuck it up. My speedo cable is dead anyhow (speedo doesn't work right now :( )

The speedometers on both clusters are the same. There are 3 screws holding it on. Undo the 3 screws, and the speedometer comes out. Put it in the new cluster, and the mileage is the same.

NotFast
03-26-2004, 09:47 AM
I don't think u can get a fine, as long as they know that u switched the odometers, but on my truck it had 205,000 but the speedo didn't work so i bought another one that had 92,000 and didn't switch the odometer, but forgot to tell the new owner when i sold it, oops, he could get into trouble.

shane_lxi
03-26-2004, 01:48 PM
Yeah, I am thinking of going and picking up that cluster today. It is either the cluster, or half the price of the angel eyes, I can't decide which I want more though : P.