PDA

View Full Version : uv madness.

pixiesfan78
03-18-2004, 01:27 AM
im planning on doin all uv l.e.d's in my dash controls. uv's in the door panels dome lamp ect.i also plan on doing the alluminm bezal and indiglo guages my question is what about the bulbs that shine down on the stock guages can you get u.v's to fit?what do you guys think it would look like with the indiglos is it to much?

HostileJava
03-18-2004, 04:22 AM
im planning on doin all uv l.e.d's in my dash controls. uv's in the door panels dome lamp ect.i also plan on doing the alluminm bezal and indiglo guages my question is what about the bulbs that shine down on the stock guages can you get u.v's to fit?what do you guys think it would look like with the indiglos is it to much?

I doubt you'll get ones that will fit, but you can just modify Neon UV's to fit up there.

BDaccordguy
03-18-2004, 10:43 AM
u lookin to get a tan bro? haha, i would have to see what it looked like first before i could decide if it was too much. so if you can find some to fit, be sure to post pics.

Dragonfly
03-18-2004, 06:19 PM
uv's are gonna give u one hell of ahead ach after abought an hour of driving i know from making a uv fish filter with led's

pixiesfan78
03-18-2004, 07:43 PM
dude you tryed to make a u.v. sterrillizer out of leds? never thought of that. ive been in the marine fish buisness for years in my opinion uv sterrillizers are a waste of time and electricity not to mention the money but i geuss thats why you tryed to build your own.dude if you got any questions about your tank or anything pm me here.

Dragonfly
03-18-2004, 07:45 PM
we have a big on for our outdoor koi pond it works whanders the watters all clear then when the bulb blew it got nastey

Dragonfly
03-18-2004, 07:47 PM
sorry imma little drunk tonight

pixiesfan78
03-18-2004, 07:49 PM
so should i just take out the stock overhead lights the indiglos are self lit right so i wont need the overheads.but im still doin the uvs in the climate controll and around the intierior. so again should i just take out the overheads after i put in the indiglos?

pixiesfan78
03-18-2004, 10:30 PM
oh yeah the uv.s should always be incorporated in ponds as it deffinitly kills tons of that green algae . but with smaller indoor tanks its not good for several reasons depending mainly on the inhabbitents of the tank though most fish or ocean life do better in non sterile water. the uv is absollutly unnescessary for freshwater fish unless your keeping discus or somthing.trust me i dont know what your keeping in your tank if its a saltwater fish only tank uv is allright but i say forget that maintain your water quality and stabillity weekly and youll get better results then a uv could ever bring. also those little led uvs could never put out the lummins that a store bought uv unit does so its not really doing any thing take them out before you end up getting electrical current running through your tank. put em in your 3gee.speaking of wich sorry guys i know this is not an aquarium forum if you want any help on your tank dragonfly email me at [email protected] else feel free to send me nude pictures of your girlfriends.holla

pixiesfan78
03-18-2004, 10:32 PM
congrats on your sloppiness dragonfly