PDA

View Full Version : Back Seat Removal

Jokez
03-18-2004, 10:54 AM
I recently took out my back seat because i was tired of everyone asking for a ride home. Well, i took it out and pulled my box closer to fill the hole and mounted my amp to my box, pulled the carpet from the seat and draped it over the big empty gap and it looks suprisingly good. Weight reduction! Any other ideas?

DanLXI88
03-18-2004, 10:56 AM
I recently took out my back seat because i was tired of everyone asking for a ride home. Well, i took it out and pulled my box closer to fill the hole and mounted my amp to my box, pulled the carpet from the seat and draped it over the big empty gap and it looks suprisingly good. Weight reduction! Any other ideas?
Could you get a couple pics of it and post them ?

mag_pbg
03-20-2004, 04:24 PM
I just removed my seats today, prob. on eof the easiest things to do once you get to know how to remove them. I also moved my box closer to the front of the car. I mostly did it becuase I like hatchbacks with once 2 seats kind alike a 300zx and so people can't bum rides off me anymore. I will try and get some pic. when I ca find my digital camera.

HondaBoy
03-21-2004, 10:16 PM
hey dude, thats a good idea. taking out the seats so nobody will wanna ride with you. considering how easy it is to take out my back seat(pull out spacer, slide back side off, unbolt and lift off bottom half). as for the front seat, i out to take that bitch out, 4 bolts! heh, maybe i will do that.

Jokez
04-07-2004, 09:23 AM
hey dude, thats a good idea. taking out the seats so nobody will wanna ride with you. considering how easy it is to take out my back seat(pull out spacer, slide back side off, unbolt and lift off bottom half). as for the front seat, i out to take that bitch out, 4 bolts! heh, maybe i will do that.

Nate took his front seat out and its a pain in the ass riding with him. There is ALOT of room. It feels like your driving a bus or something. Anyway, let me know how it goes. Post some pics if you can.

Jokez
04-07-2004, 09:26 AM
I just removed my seats today, prob. on eof the easiest things to do once you get to know how to remove them. I also moved my box closer to the front of the car. I mostly did it becuase I like hatchbacks with once 2 seats kind alike a 300zx and so people can't bum rides off me anymore. I will try and get some pic. when I ca find my digital camera.

I have to get my dig-cam first. I will have one soon. Hopefully.

DanLXI88
04-07-2004, 09:42 AM
I have thought about doing this to mine. But Mine is a 4door and I keep the back seat down all the time. Does anyone know if it's hard to do on a 4 door?

AZmike
04-07-2004, 12:21 PM
I have thought about doing this to mine. But Mine is a 4door and I keep the back seat down all the time. Does anyone know if it's hard to do on a 4 door?

It's easy. The plastic C-clip and then a few 10 mm bolts and you're done.

DanLXI88
04-07-2004, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the info AzMike :cheers:

BITESIZE
04-07-2004, 12:53 PM
I've Thought About Doing That In My Hatch....

Jokez
04-07-2004, 01:07 PM
My accord is a 4door also. It looks very good if you have a speaker box to cover the empty hole. I have a WaveBox with my amp mounted in the middle w/ no wires showing. It looks very nice and clean.