PDA

View Full Version : Got pics of all my new gauges :) and my new thermostat housing!!!

Mike's89AccordLX
03-18-2004, 01:29 PM
Alright guys I figured I would use my good camera so you guys can see the stuff I just installed. Everything works and I got to bleed my coolant system today :)

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/10/web/322000-322999/322549_111_full.jpg
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/10/web/322000-322999/322549_110_full.jpg
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/10/web/322000-322999/322549_109_full.jpg
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/10/web/322000-322999/322549_108_full.jpg
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/10/web/322000-322999/322549_107_full.jpg
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/10/web/322000-322999/322549_106_full.jpg
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/10/web/322000-322999/322549_105_full.jpg
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/10/web/322000-322999/322549_104_full.jpg

Well there they are so I hope you like them.

-Mike

Rendon LX-i
03-18-2004, 01:33 PM
NICE MAN. love it

Bloodlust
03-18-2004, 01:35 PM
Holy damn Mike, got enough guages there? Looks good though. :D

jigga225
03-18-2004, 01:35 PM
too many circles inside for me.
but the engine bay is A+

HostileJava
03-18-2004, 01:40 PM
So how do u see traffic over all those gauges? Looks nice man.

Mike's89AccordLX
03-18-2004, 01:42 PM
All the stuff that's installed:

Autometer 88-89 CRX Dual Pillar Pod
Autometer Dual Dash Pod
Autometer Air/Fuel Gauge
Autometer Vacuum Gauge
Matrix X Voltage Gauge
Matrix X Water Temp Gauge
Autogauge 4" Tachometer w/shift light (the tach lights up in seven different colors)
Procarparts Silver Faced Gauges
Procarparts Carbon Fiber Gauge Bezel
Grant Turbo Steering Wheel
Momo Steering Wheel Hub
Cobra Radar Detector
Ventshades

And that's just some stuff that I haven't posted pics of before. I have many more mods mmmuuuhhhahahahahahaha :cool2:

RobT5580
03-18-2004, 01:42 PM
I like the pillar pod but im not feelin the dual pod on the cluster.

BDaccordguy
03-18-2004, 01:44 PM
what pillar pod is that? also, i see you took the altezzas off the lude :)

HondaBoy
03-18-2004, 01:45 PM
looks really nice man. i think it is great. i like the cf gauge bezel. how much you get it for. i've found it for about $30 last i looked. that was last year. those prelude rims would look good powder coated in a bright silver or other color. hey, do the stil sell those "vent shades"? i can never find them anymore.

Mike's89AccordLX
03-18-2004, 01:45 PM
All of the stuff is out of the way. Nothing gets in my line of site. You have to remember that I'm 6'6" so I can see more than most people ;) I have gotten a lot of compliments from students and my instructors on the stuff I have installed and most of those people hate hondas so it was a big deal to get a compliment from them.

-Mike

edit: yeah I took the altezzas off b/c I didnt like them after a few days. They just didnt flow like the stock ones do.

Mike's89AccordLX
03-18-2004, 01:47 PM
I bought the CF bezel and ventshades on ebay. I would check there I know places still have them. I love the vent shades b/c now I dont rain in the car.

NXRacer
03-18-2004, 01:48 PM
HOLY COW. talk about gauge overload!!! whew

with all the work you've been doing on your car, why havent you lowered it? At least a little bit. IT would look 100% better IMO with a little lower stance and some wheels. The ones you have now just don't do your car justice maing. You could still have the stealthy 'stock sleeper' look but it would help the cars appearance.

Mike's89AccordLX
03-18-2004, 01:50 PM
Hey now I still will need to put a Nitrous guage somewhere someday. So I might have to get a Triple pillar. And when I get my bills paid off I will lower the car with Tokico Blues and H&R Springs.

The Tokico Springs aren't enough drop for me.

I have all the stuff to make my CRX lip and my rear lip. So when I get those done I will post them up too.

$mokenB'$
03-18-2004, 01:56 PM
holy shit your engine looks soooooo sweet!!!! but i dont understand why people get big ass tachs when the car comes stock w/ a tach?!?!

Mike's89AccordLX
03-18-2004, 01:58 PM
Well $mokenB'$ I can't see my stock tach b/c of my new steering wheel and I'm tall. That tach is tiny compared to some. I thought it was quite tasteful :)

NXRacer
03-18-2004, 02:03 PM
also, aftermarket tachs are more precise then OEM ones.

NXRacer
03-18-2004, 02:44 PM
if you plan on getting an NX kit (which i hope you do ;) ) the gauge is on the bottle itself and im not sure if you can re-route it or not.

BITESIZE
03-18-2004, 02:46 PM
Gauges Are Titties!!!!

Mike's89AccordLX
03-18-2004, 02:48 PM
Well I did plan on getting a NX kit b/c I think that would be the best. At this point I will run low boost for as long as I can b/c I will drop a JDM B20 in my car b/c my dad is getting a shop that has two seperate shops and one is for me and it has two hoists in it and an air compressor so I can do all the work I need. And then he can paint my cars :smokin:

Forgar_88
03-18-2004, 03:08 PM
Dude loose the aftermarket tach! Whats the point in two of them? Maybe shoulda spent the money on a spoiler.....lol!

Mike's89AccordLX
03-18-2004, 03:23 PM
Excuse me? Didn't I already explain why I got another tach? And if you didn't know b/c you're a Newbie I do have a spoiler. I am the only one in the US to have a JDM spoiler so why don't you go laugh at your own car.

Mike's89AccordLX
03-18-2004, 03:25 PM
Here's a pic of my JDM spoiler.

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/10/web/322000-322999/322549_69.jpg

And before you start to try and be a smartass, why don't you learn to know what the heck you're talking about.

ivanfbi
03-18-2004, 03:26 PM
how often do you take a look at all of them?(except when you are parked) If you would need to check everything, I don't know who's ass will you kiss with your front bumper.......lol. but it looks like all this just to show off, you don't use most of them

adams86lxi
03-18-2004, 03:29 PM
tight man! looks good! :cool:

Forgar_88
03-18-2004, 03:34 PM
Get rid of the JDM spoiler, what you need is one of those wacked out tall spoilers so u can look goofy as hell, to match your double tachs!

Bloodlust
03-18-2004, 03:38 PM
Dude you newbs are being real asses. Why dont you stfu and leave your negative comments to yourself.

NXRacer
03-18-2004, 03:50 PM
thats pretty low. Everybody from full blown enthusiasts to ricers use aftermarket tachs. Like i said before they are actually useful. They are more acurate and allow you to set redlines over what was stock.

PortugalFocus
03-18-2004, 04:30 PM
Mike, do you have any issues with water geting into the intake with the scoop right above the air filter? I am thinking about getting a small sccop for colder air, but I'm scared of getting rain or snow into my engine and it siezing.

hondaman87
03-18-2004, 05:17 PM
nice dully intake

bobafett
03-19-2004, 02:54 AM
nice car mike, thx for the hot tip on the crx pillar mount. it will be coming next to hold my A/F and boost/vac guage! ;)

<rant>
and bloodlust, just FYI you might want to shut the fuck up about newbs, cause forger88 or whatever his name is registered before u... so technically you are a newbie compared to him, so STFU....

all this talk of newbs makes me want to go buy an APC window banner... get over yourselves.... senior members can make just as rediculously pointless and mindless posts, and newbies can make some incredible posts.... low post count or recent join date certainly doesnt say anything about somebodies knowledge with cars or 3geez or modding.
</rant>

HostileJava
03-19-2004, 04:49 AM
nice car mike, thx for the hot tip on the crx pillar mount. it will be coming next to hold my A/F and boost/vac guage! ;)

<rant>
and bloodlust, just FYI you might want to shut the fuck up about newbs, cause forger88 or whatever his name is registered before u... so technically you are a newbie compared to him, so STFU....

all this talk of newbs makes me want to go buy an APC window banner... get over yourselves.... senior members can make just as rediculously pointless and mindless posts, and newbies can make some incredible posts.... low post count or recent join date certainly doesnt say anything about somebodies knowledge with cars or 3geez or modding.
</rant>

While the newb comment may have been uncalled for, the guy is being a bit of an ass. As I've pointed out before in our Rules for member coduct it says we should treat other members with respect. I don't think that was the case here.

Mike's89AccordLX
03-19-2004, 11:34 AM
I use everything I have ever put on my car. I don't buy things and just buy them b/c the blink or light up. That would be ridiculious and just plain dumb IMO. I already explained why I needed 2 Tachs and I don't feel like making another post about it again so if you want to continue to make comments about it why don't you read previous posts so you can be informed.

I would never put a wing on any of my cars that isn't tasteful. You can have your own opinion but, when you try and make fun of my car which obviously you don't know anything about, it's not appropriate. I don't have problems with people on this site, but I do have problems with people that just join this site to try and put down other people's cars. I don't make fun of people's cars plain and simple. I state my opinion in a nice an appropriate way that isn't hurtful to the owner.

I put a lot of my time and work into my car so I don't appreciate people that don't know anything about it making ignorant comments.

I use every single one of those gauges. I know what they are all used for and I know how to read them to see if there is anything wrong. I'm an automotive technician and I know what I'm doing.

So if you don't think that I use them all the time then you need to think again. And my front bumper doesn't kiss anyones front bumper. And if you don't think that they serve a purpose you obviously don't know much about cars. If you want me to explain every single gauge to you I will just so you can be informed correctly.

-Mike

And thanks Bloodlust for sticking up for me since I was not able to do so for myself b/c I was looking at buying a shop last night.

Nuffice
03-19-2004, 12:24 PM
Forgar_88
3geez Newbie
Vehicle: 1987 Accord 2dr hatchback

Bloodlust
Vehicle: 1989 LXi Coupe

:owned:

Looks Pretty Good. I would freak if I were to see you on streets. With all those gauges I would think you had 11 second car.

Mike's89AccordLX
03-19-2004, 12:32 PM
A join date doesn't matter. Bloodlust is an active member. Forgar_88 could have joined when this site first started does that mean he knows what he's talking about.

:owned:

Just b/c someone goes to college does that make them smart? I have been a member longer than both of them but you don't see me posting like Forgar_88 .

wprocomp
03-19-2004, 12:41 PM
cool,cool mike...looking good as usual...hey what you gonna do about putting another strutbar under the hood?

Mike's89AccordLX
03-19-2004, 12:49 PM
I don't know but I miss it b/c I can't corner like I could. I might make a new one that connects to the firewall but that wont be for a long time.

Oh and for the water in the intake question: I have an air bypass valve and that lets the water out.

Bloodlust
03-19-2004, 01:07 PM
I dont care when my join date was, I obviously post more than those newbs, and I help people alot. And I also joined the foundation membership which helps out the 3geez community, which is btw better than you (Nuffice) have ever done for the board. And not to stoop down to your level, but you only joined last month? So you have nowhere to talk. I have almost been here for a year, that by far doesnt make me a newb. I am not going to even start to argue with these trolls, I just said what everyone else in this thread wanted to say but didnt, and that was for all the stupid little kids who cant say anything but negative comments, newbs or not, to STFU. I say this as kindly as possible, and Mike, sorry for causing chaos in your thread, i think the guages look good, dont listen to what these trolls have to say.

Bloodlust
03-19-2004, 01:13 PM

<rant>

</rant>

Um.. Bobafett... what you just said totally contradicted what point you were trying to make. He is a newb, and his post was "rediculously pointless" and insulting to another member. Those are ur own words. I have always liked you, and I dont want to argue with you.

Mike's89AccordLX
03-19-2004, 01:22 PM
Alright guys thanks for all the comments. Like I said before I think Bloodlust handled it in his first post well. If you look at Bloodlust's post and bobafett's posts they're really the same thing.

What I don't get is if you guys don't like us calling people newbies then I think that the name tags need to be removed and it should just be left blank. Everybody starts out as a newbie. It's kind of like highschool. People call the freshmen, freshmen.

If its so discriminating to call someone a Newbie then we shouldn't have the tags.

I wonder how bobafett telling Bloodlust to STFU is different from Bloodlust saying it to the 2 Newbies. If it was so bad for him to say it to them then how is it ok for bobafett to say it to bloodlust? I think sometimes people need to be set straight. And I think Bloodlust did the right thing. He said the obvious and put it in a nice way. If he didn't say it I would have eventually said it.

-Mike

i.c.
03-19-2004, 01:49 PM
looks good...can you give me a tip on were to get the dual dash pod?

Mike's89AccordLX
03-19-2004, 01:51 PM
I think the autometer part # was 100001 or it was 10001 (the pod was originally for a mustang) I think the second # I said is correct though. I just bought it at a local shop.

-Mike

i.c.
03-19-2004, 01:54 PM
cool....i've been looking online and i can't find one....just might have to get a "boost" one one day

edit: found it...the second numbers the right one...now i just gotta figure out which two to get :)

MrBen
03-19-2004, 02:33 PM
Nice guages! Nice engine, very nice. I don't like the rims or the spoiler.

Mike's89AccordLX
03-19-2004, 02:38 PM
I like them b/c they have kind of a "old school style." They're old Prelude Si rims so they're pretty light. Plus I don't want to put big rims on b/c I want a somewhat of a sleeper look.

-Mike

Forgar_88
03-19-2004, 02:48 PM
:stupid: I guess i am the one that started all this crap just by makin a jokin statement about gettin a tall spoiler to match the dual tachs. If people didnt notice I had a doubledecked spoiler and if you cant take a joke people, noones gonna like me!

A Dawg Jr
03-19-2004, 02:59 PM
You have two tachs......

Mike's89AccordLX
03-19-2004, 03:02 PM
Yes but I explain why I have 2 tachs.

My aftermarket steering wheel and my height makes it so I can't see the stock tach. And the aftermarket tachs are usually a little more accurate.

I can take jokes, but those didn't seem like jokes.

Forgar_88
03-19-2004, 03:07 PM
Well dude they were jokes and sorry bout that!

Mike's89AccordLX
03-19-2004, 03:10 PM
It's cool, I just didn't know you were joking. I'm trying to give my car a JDM type look that's why I like the spoiler I have. I'm working on getting a bunch of JDM corner lights too :)

Shin87LXI
03-19-2004, 04:21 PM
That sure is alot of guages for a 17 second-ish car. :dunno:
Exterior looks s'nice and I'm sure it will only get nicer but, I hope you don't regret the amount of money you dumped into it. I thought these 3rd generation Accords were only stepping stones to greater cars. Oh' well my Accord was never as nice as yours so, maybe you know something I don't.

Mike's89AccordLX
03-19-2004, 04:23 PM
Well I don't think it's a 17 second car b/c that would be stock. And my car is far from stock :D

lightbulblxi
03-19-2004, 06:50 PM
yea man, that looks phat. i want one of the pods that go over the wheel too.
and would everyone just STFU! forgar, if ur gonna be a part of this site, im sure its not only me that would like u to keep the negative comments to urself. just cuz he got annoyed of u because u asked a question right after he answered it, doesnt mean that u have too make fun of him. he paid the money to put those in, and if ur gonna diss him, what is that goin to do? make him build the car for u? basically im just trying to say, quit making comments to start shit, its the fucking internet, ur not cool! and IMO i think bloodlust was in the right place to say what he did. he may not have been a member as long as forgar, but he obiously is more active than him. he has been on here helping and reading, so he knows how to act and what to say and what not too.

Mike's89AccordLX
03-19-2004, 06:57 PM
Oh and I do everything myself on here. But I use this site as a crutch, b/c I never used to know what I know now and I owe a great deal of my knowledge to this site. I installed all of the gauges in about an hour and a half. I was smart and used velcro to mount the dual pod on the cluster. I was thinking hmm.... its probably not a good idea to be drilling there. So for those of you that want the dual pod there use velcro that has the adhesive on the back. It sticks really good and you wont have to worry about it coming loose unless you use goo gone or something.

bobafett
03-19-2004, 11:04 PM
ok ok ok...

yeah i dont have problems with any members on the board, i just hate when people use newbie as an excuse for something.... NEWBIE is not the excuse. being an idiot or a dumbfuck is the reason that people cause problems, and any member can do it. :)

bloodlust i dont have a prob with u at all. i just think pulling out the newbie card gets old. true if someone is being stupid then they deserve to get flamed, but only for being an idiot.

\ that said i just reread the thread and the forger88 posts were pointlessly derogitory(sp) so its all good that he got heckled. to be honest the wing and second tach is not my style, but its mikes car, and it looks good but if thats what he wants im still happy for him and his mods...and nobody can ever talk someone out of getting mods like that. if mike thinks his wing is pimp then its not like people telling his to lose the wing are gonna get anywhere.

also note to all: dont take me too seriously, if im saying STFU or shit like that... more than likely its all in good fun...

after all its just the internet lol

DAMNIT i hate when i write long posts like this. :(

A20A1
03-19-2004, 11:35 PM
Oh and for the water in the intake question: I have an air bypass valve and that lets the water out.

As long as water drains out of the box faster then it gets in you don't need a bypass... also the filter needs to be slightly if not fully submerged to open up the bypass right? The oil on the filter should protect it some from drips of water coming in... but if water sits long enough in the grooves of the filter it'll probably go in, bypass or not. Personally I would have made some kind of catch below the scoop to divert the water away from the top of the fitler but maybe you already did that.

I like the guages. I had a muli colored tach once... it must have not like the constant reving cause it burnt out really quick.

I like the polished housing, good work there... Is that the EFI housing... I used the Carbed one to hook up the temp sensor.

Your fuel line is... long, but thats fine... I'm more worried that it's touching a heat source... you might want to trim it down some but at least find some way of keeping it from touching the intake manifold or valve cover. I've seen hard line "U" bends that would allow you to route the fuel line from the front of the carb around back so you could run the fuel line along the firewall, away from the engine.

Keep up the good work. :bow:

Mike's89AccordLX
03-20-2004, 10:38 AM
Thanks for the input Mike, I didn't really think of the intake man. heat so I will try and trim it down some. Yeah that's an EFI T-Stat housing and I had it powder coated like the valve cover and my custom intake man. that's not on yet.

I just had a problem with one of my headlights last night. I think one of the motor brackets must have broken b/c my passenger side light won't come up and it was too dark to check it out so I took the Lude. I will check it out after work though.

-Mike

wprocomp
03-20-2004, 06:14 PM
hey mike we drive 3rd gen accords...thats sleeper enough

Morbid Intentionz
03-20-2004, 06:58 PM
sorta off topic so dont bash me but, whats the size of your hood scoop?

Cheeseburger
03-20-2004, 07:28 PM
nice car. i like everything you have done to your car. especially the dual intake. so what else are you going to do with it? so how fast dose it go?

89cordlx
03-21-2004, 10:33 PM
So, how easly does that CRX pillar mount go on?