PDA

View Full Version : What mods are the best for a Honda

BKKloppenborg
03-18-2004, 03:18 PM
I have a question i have decided to keep my Honda Accord LX 98 HP 2.0 L, with mostly new parts in it. What mods are the best if i want it fast? Turbo, Intakes, new engine? etc. Any help i would be grateful for. i am able to put about 8-9 G in it. this car would be for fun transporation to and from school everyday for a longgggggg time. thanks :dunno:

shepherd79
03-18-2004, 03:23 PM
if you have 8 grand and you want to keep the accord.
here is what you do.
contact Sean (www.accordcentral.com) and ask him about GM conversion.
after you get that, with little mods and little more money you can buy turbo kit from him. you will see a lot of power gains. don't bother messing with carburator if you have 6-8 grand to spend on the car.

NXRacer
03-18-2004, 04:26 PM
if you have 8 grand that you can dump into your accord you'd have a mighty fast car there.

Dennis
03-18-2004, 06:25 PM
is it just me or has anyone else noticed this post atleast 3 other times just asking it in different words...?

88accordhb
03-18-2004, 06:34 PM
hey yo, i have a question, if you have 8-9 g's to spend and you want a fast car, why would you keep your accord? just curious, you can spend that on an older si civic, and if you're lucky you can maybe even get a 97 and up. they are fast stock, then maybe save up and get jackson racing super. That's just my opinion. I think it's awesome that some people still like the 3geez, like to mod it and stuff, i know i do! good stuff! some one mentioned not messing with the carb. actually i think you can get some more power if you get a weber, but i don't know jack bout webers. i just flip my lid and thinkin of making a hood scoop.

BKKloppenborg
03-18-2004, 06:38 PM
hey yo, i have a question, if you have 8-9 g's to spend and you want a fast car, why would you keep your accord? just curious, you can spend that on an older si civic, and if you're lucky you can maybe even get a 97 and up. they are fast stock, then maybe save up and get jackson racing super. That's just my opinion. I think it's awesome that some people still like the 3geez, like to mod it and stuff, i know i do! good stuff! some one mentioned not messing with the carb. actually i think you can get some more power if you get a weber, but i don't know jack bout webers. i just flip my lid and thinkin of making a hood scoop.

Cool i like hood scoops they make a car look more sporty and look better. The problem is with the carb is that my parents just had it repaced. I tried to convince them to get a good fast one, but they didn't want to. Damn i tried to convince them o well.

Dennis
03-18-2004, 06:45 PM
why would you parents want a 'fast' carb? they're obviously not going to support you killing yourself in an accident when you're driving fast.

88accordhb
03-18-2004, 10:20 PM
so you got a new carb then? hmmmm so you wont be doin the GM EFi anytime soon? cuz EFi's makes it so you can drop a new engine in like the b16 or b20, still lots of customing though. i like fooling round with my carb though. well for now you can try flipping the lid, gets a cool suction noise when you rev. People say it gives you 1hp or wateva...but inreality it actually degrades performance since youre sucking up hot air, not warm air which it originally takes in from the fenders. try it though if you haven't

BKKloppenborg
03-18-2004, 10:26 PM
why would you parents want a 'fast' carb? they're obviously not going to support you killing yourself in an accident when you're driving fast.

I said it was a better quality one and will last longer for a long time i didn't say anything about it going faster i am not that supid to tell them that. :kekeke:

rjudgey
03-19-2004, 05:15 AM
webers are better last longer and more economical only draw back is that they do make you go faster ;0) i'd go with some mild headwork, mild cam, header, exhaust, and a fat weber dgv 38/38 easy 140-150bhp or if you want economy weber dgv 32/36. DCOE's are an option but fuel consumption will double unless you drive like a saint!
spend cash on different gear ratios, and also good suspension and you should have loads left from 9k!

BKKloppenborg
03-19-2004, 09:12 AM
webers are better last longer and more economical only draw back is that they do make you go faster ;0) i'd go with some mild headwork, mild cam, header, exhaust, and a fat weber dgv 38/38 easy 140-150bhp or if you want economy weber dgv 32/36. DCOE's are an option but fuel consumption will double unless you drive like a saint!
spend cash on different gear ratios, and also good suspension and you should have loads left from 9k!

*Sigh* damn i have a lot of thinking to do to keep Honda just for transportation until i get new faster car to mod or keep it and spend the money on it becasue i like my Honda so much. :dunno:

NXRacer
03-19-2004, 10:56 AM

sure, you can go ahead and follow the rest of the fast and furious schmucks rolling around and get a civic and put a supercharger on it, but you're going to spend 8-9 grand to get the car and the super charger. Then you wont have any money left over to do the tuning you need to do to get it to be worth it. You'll spend a few grand on the motor alone just to get it to handle boost.

with 8-9k dumped into a 3g, you could have a boosted car that would murder 99% of the civics out there. And look good doing it.

BKKloppenborg
03-19-2004, 11:02 AM
sure, you can go ahead and follow the rest of the fast and furious schmucks rolling around and get a civic and put a supercharger on it, but you're going to spend 8-9 grand to get the car and the super charger. Then you wont have any money left over to do the tuning you need to do to get it to be worth it. You'll spend a few grand on the motor alone just to get it to handle boost.

with 8-9k dumped into a 3g, you could have a boosted car that would murder 99% of the civics out there. And look good doing it.

My dad and i test drove a new 2003 one a little while ago damn that thing was sooooo underpowered no wonder why most people can beat them. :owned: