PDA

View Full Version : Problems with tokicos

Rex
03-18-2004, 04:55 PM
Has anyone had thier tokicos start leaking shortly after getting them?? I have the car lowered with neuspeeds, and i know that they are meant for the stock suspension.... but i have had them on there since december and they have only had about 1000km's put on them. anyone else have this problem? also, if there any type of warenty or such? thanks

Matt

Volitech
03-18-2004, 05:13 PM
If you filled out the warenty card that came with the shocks and sent it in! Yes you should be able to get them replaced!
Contact tokico and let them know what happened and how long you had them in and see what they say!

Rex
03-18-2004, 05:14 PM
Hmm, i never got a warenty card or anything.... well, i will be going back to the shop friday to talk to them anyways.

Volitech
03-18-2004, 05:56 PM
Hmm, i never got a warenty card or anything.... well, i will be going back to the shop friday to talk to them anyways.

If you got them from a shop they would be the one's to back it first! If they won't then get ahold of tokico!

carotman
03-18-2004, 08:36 PM
They should not leak.... these are gas shocks... no oil should come out.

lightbulblxi
03-18-2004, 09:02 PM
are tokicos any good for lowered cars?

Rex
03-18-2004, 09:14 PM
Well, the car was in the shop for a couple things (rear bushings, sway bar bushings, link kit) and they said that the rear struts were leaking.... i thought it was a little wierd... seeing as how they are hardly used... the one thing i noticed is that the side they said was leaking more (apparently one side is worse) seems to be a little ruffer over bumps, like it almost seems to skip alittle when going over manholes and stuff, if that makes any sence... thanks for the feedback

Matt

Hash_man_Se_i
03-18-2004, 09:57 PM
Gas shocks can leak, and it is a very bad thing, My mom's 2001 Acura 1.7EL had the back shocks leak, and this caused the back end to be very unstable, and caused me to spin out twice in the car. Luckily only causing minor damage.

HondaBoy
03-18-2004, 11:48 PM
yeah, ive heard of tokico shocks going out on lowered cars. i dont remember which ones they were. it seems like they are the non adjustable ones. i think those are them. anyway, not all them are bad. if you get the adjustable ones, those are really meant for lowered cars. my friend has some on his 300ZX that are awsome. they are a few years old. he said those are the ones to go with because i used to think they were all crap. those are nice because you can have a nice soft ride or a very stiff one for your driving needs. that would be something i need to think about if im going to get lowering springs for my car. i really want adjustable coil overs cuz i dont always want the car to sit low.

Busted_Blue
03-19-2004, 12:08 AM
uhh, hondaboy, only Tokico HP are available for our car. The ones you speak of are called Tokico Illuminas and they are white. We only have blues for 3gen accords. As far as them leaking, if you purchased it, get the warranty card. These badboys have lifetime warranty on them.

shepherd79
03-19-2004, 05:43 AM
they can't leak because they are no liquid in them. they are gas charged. it is eather the shop didn't do what they were supposed to do or they installed wrong struts.

wprocomp
03-19-2004, 02:58 PM
tokicos arent all that bad as everyone makes them out to be...mine actually work quite well

Rex
03-19-2004, 03:08 PM
Well, i am pretty sure they are the tokicos... the ride isnt too bad, just abit of bounce in the rear, i really have no complaints other than the shop telling me they are leaking.... i looked and couldnt really see anything out of the ordanary.... so i dunno.... i will goto the shop that did my suspension when i have a chance... and get them to look at them and whatnot... thanks for the feedback guys

Matt

HondaBoy
03-19-2004, 11:43 PM
not trying to be a smart ass, but Busted Blue, is that where you got your name from? a busted blue shock? just a thought. anyway, i havent looked into the performance shocks for the 3gee. i will when i do the suspension thing. maybe in the summer? i hope so.

Busted_Blue
03-20-2004, 01:53 PM
not trying to be a smart ass, but Busted Blue, is that where you got your name from? a busted blue shock? just a thought. anyway, i havent looked into the performance shocks for the 3gee. i will when i do the suspension thing. maybe in the summer? i hope so.

Nope, just a random name for my car. We had a friend with Rusty Red and i was Busted Blue. Go figure. Clever way of intepreting my name. (I hope it doesnt resort to really meaning that )

As far as leaking, perhaps it might be leaking gas not fluid. I really still suggest the shocks be returned to the supplier and get a refund or get replacement by warranty. Tokico Blues are suppose to have lifetime warranty with them.