PDA

View Full Version : Struggling To Role Up Windows

MIK3
03-18-2004, 04:56 PM
I take it, it is just age that causes this. But my windows are very hard to role up. They are not smooth at all. Is there anyway to make them a lot smoother to roll up to where I don't have to take the door apart and all? This would be nice if I can get them to role up/down smooth again.

Mac
03-18-2004, 05:23 PM
You can try rolling down the window and spraying silicon lube in the track.

adams86lxi
03-18-2004, 05:27 PM
You can try rolling down the window and spraying silicon lube in the track.

thats what i did and it seemed to help! try that! :cool:

Dennis
03-18-2004, 05:43 PM
what track are you guys talking about? just roll it down and spray it where...? also, how hard is it to replace a window motor because my back window on the drivers side doesnt roll down.

Rendon LX-i
03-18-2004, 05:47 PM
U have a DX which u have manual roll up right. then just put some lube in that bitch and should help i have the same problem.

MrBen
03-18-2004, 06:08 PM
Most likely the mechanism itself needs to be greased. Try the track idea first, if that doesnt cure it, you need to lube the mechanism itself. Not hard, but time consuming.

MIK3
03-18-2004, 10:18 PM
Hm. I'm not sure what track you guys are talking about..

Also, to lube the mechanism, wouldn't that require disasembly of some parts on the door?

MrBen
03-18-2004, 10:29 PM
Just roll down the window and spray lubricant in the groove the window rolls in. A lot of lubricant.

To lubricate the mechanism, roll down the window, take off the window roller handle, unscrew the door handle and speaker cover and plastic behind the lever. Pull the panel away from the door, being careful not to break the plastic keepers that hold the panel on the door. Pull up hard on the entire door panel, standing outside and reaching your hands through the window. It takes quite a bit of force. After you get it off, locate the mechanism inside the door. You may have to unscrew the window from the mechanism. Use grease or some other lubricant that won't dry up on the entire mechanism, and don't be shy. Repeat process in reverse to put back together.

lightbulblxi
03-18-2004, 10:40 PM
i kno it involves takin apart the window, but try converting to power windows :D very easy, but slow.

MIK3
03-19-2004, 07:05 AM
Yes. Power windows would make a world of a difference, heh. I hate these manual windows.