PDA

View Full Version : Carb questions

SeanTypeR
03-18-2004, 05:27 PM
I have a couple of questions about our carbs:
-Is the carburator a sequential carb? (by sequential I mean that one barrel opens first and then at higher revs the second one opens).

-What is the stock fuel pressure and what tricks is there to get more of it?

-If I block the EGR valve will it help with preformance? How do I do this?

shepherd79
03-18-2004, 05:47 PM
here are the answers:
- yes, the stock Keihin carb is progressive carb. the secondary opens later on with a help of vacuum.
- the stock fuel pressure is between 3 - 4 psi. to get more fuel you will need bigger pump. the carb doesn't need a lot of PSI insteed you need to find a pump with a lot of flow.
- you can disconect the pipe from the header and plug the hole. i don't know if you will see the diff, probably not unless the recirculation valve is broken.

A20A1
03-18-2004, 09:39 PM
Damn 4psi? mine always put out 3.2 or less. I never changed the bugger though.
Just disconnect the vacuum hose to disable the valve for the EGR

Whats your plans for the car SeanTypeR?

SeanTypeR
03-24-2004, 06:40 PM
Sorry I havent answered for a while. I was in the states visiting family. I live in Puerto RIco. I got an 87 Accord hatchback. I olny got the accel coil and before that I pulled off an 18.4 in the 1/4 mile with the stock bad one. Im taking it tomorow to the drag strip tomorrow to see if anything changed. I did the coil and changed the fuel filters. Man the car was giving and terrible milage like 120miles for the hole tank. I got the Pacesetter headers and a nice muffler but I havent had time to get it on.

Whats your car like?

A20A1
03-24-2004, 10:09 PM
http://www.cardomain.com/id/a20a1e
thats what my cars like.