PDA

View Full Version : Cut & Convert to 6x9's

Hondaguy123
03-18-2004, 08:00 PM
I have 6 1/2 inch speakers it the back of my 87 LX-i. Is there any way to cut through the metal with a dremel & convert them to 6x9's. Give me your opinion. Thanx :rice:

pixiesfan78
03-18-2004, 08:17 PM
ive never seen a dremal bit that will last long enough to do it i cut mine out with a sawsall or resciprecating saw. but it looks all mutilated from underneath dude honestly if i could do it over i would not have cut it rear speakers arent nescessarry but if you want them use some good 6.5 midbasses in the back im gonna build a new rear dash board and im getting a three way component set midbasses in the rear mids and tweets in the front thats all you need also oval shaped speakers sound like shit compared to round. peace man.

Moodybluesr
03-19-2004, 04:24 AM
If you have a sedan, all you have to do is get the pods for the 6x9's out of another car in a junkyard. They bolt right in place of the pods that hold 6 1/2's in the stock location and it requires no cutting. I don't know what to do if you have a hatch; I have never messed with one. :D

HondaBoy
03-19-2004, 11:23 PM
do what i did man. get the little riser thing it sits on from the junk yard. mine were originally 6 1/2, then i got the 6x9 riser thingy. it has the same bolt studs that hold it in, so you can just put it right on. yeah, i guess you could call it a pod. anyway, i'd say dont cut your rear shelf unless your going to put some big subs in there somehow. ok, junk yard is the way to go. although i had somewhat of a hard time finding these risers, but im glad i waited to get those instead of cutting.

Bryan Smith
03-19-2004, 11:43 PM
Dont waste your time man, or your money, round speakers > oval speakers