PDA

View Full Version : exhaust from 4 door to 2 door

ryan88lxi
03-19-2004, 08:13 AM
well, im getting an se-i coupe (possibly this weekend) and i plan on putting all my bolt ons from my 4 door on to it. the only thing that had me scratching my head was if the whole exhaust system would fit underneath the car. the little valleys (for lack of a better term) that run on the underside of the car that the exhaust fits into and follows i thought would probably be different. does any body own both a 2 door and a 4 door, maybe they could check it out? if it doesnt fit, im sure i could just get some pieces cut out then weld some new ones in, but it would cost me around a hundred bucks to do that, so i wanted to ask to see if anybody knew first. thanks !

guaynabo89
03-19-2004, 04:36 PM
well, im getting an se-i coupe (possibly this weekend) and i plan on putting all my bolt ons from my 4 door on to it. the only thing that had me scratching my head was if the whole exhaust system would fit underneath the car. the little valleys (for lack of a better term) that run on the underside of the car that the exhaust fits into and follows i thought would probably be different. does any body own both a 2 door and a 4 door, maybe they could check it out? if it doesnt fit, im sure i could just get some pieces cut out then weld some new ones in, but it would cost me around a hundred bucks to do that, so i wanted to ask to see if anybody knew first. thanks !

The coupe and seadn are the same length so it should fit. The hatch is a different story all together. Its 3 inches shorter than both so it won t interchange.

ryan88lxi
03-21-2004, 01:33 PM
yeah i was checking the situation out and i think i figured out that it would be interchangeable because pacesetter's exhaust system is listed for both 2 and 4 door, so im pretty sure it should fit with little to no hassle.

Not like a rock
03-21-2004, 04:39 PM
let me know after you try bolting it up, or if you find out for sure from someone else. I might be getting a coupe in a couple weeks.