PDA

View Full Version : new mods!

86LXItooFAST4me
03-19-2004, 08:38 AM
ok, tell me what else i should do to get max performace. so far this is what i got:

**Update

1- Port & Polished Intake and head
2- Sean's head and valve work
3- Port matched head, intake an TB
4- Colt stage 1 cam
5- 4G Throttle Body Bored AND 4G map
6- H22 Injecters
7- cosmo adjustable F.R.
8- DC header
9- hollowed cat
10- 2 1/2 exhuast
11- fart can on the end with 4" tip
12- ACT stg II clutch (when turbo gets installed, so will the spec stage IV clutch and plate)
13- CAI
14-MSD coil and ignition with cran wires
15-Adj. cam gear
16- heavy ground kit
17-apexi AFC and led A/F gauge

i have an MSD ignition and coil plus the MSD wires on the way also with NGK plugs and some spray in about a month. anyone got any other suggestions befor i put everything back together?

NXRacer
03-19-2004, 09:08 AM
Looks pretty good. i'm assuming you're going to upgrade your SP wires. With the upgraded injectors and FPR you might want to think about upgrading your fuel pump too.

Thats a perfect setup for juice. You gonna put n2o on your car in the future? I can hook you up. . . . :D

86LXItooFAST4me
03-19-2004, 09:20 AM
Looks pretty good. i'm assuming you're going to upgrade your SP wires. With the upgraded injectors and FPR you might want to think about upgrading your fuel pump too.

Thats a perfect setup for juice. You gonna put n2o on your car in the future? I can hook you up. . . . :D

yeah i know man, i got a quote from you a while back but im still putting everthing together with all those mods, and trying to get my wallet back together from it being raped, lol but yeah i want a direct port wet and purge system. what do you mean by SP wires? and which FP should i use?

NXRacer
03-19-2004, 10:45 AM
SP = Spark Plug wires. Cosmo racing makes a FPR that sells for about $90 bucks on their website, but i think you can get em cheaper on eBay sometimes. AEM also makes one, but they're like $150. It just depends on how much you can spend.

As for the DPI system, that can get spendy quick so be prepared.

Nuffice
03-19-2004, 10:56 AM
ok, tell me what else i should do to get max performace. so far this is what i got:

1- Port & Polished Intake
2- Sean's basic head tuning
3- Port matched intake
4- Colt stage 1 cam
5- Throttle Body Bored
6- H22 Injecters
7- cosmo adjustable F.R.
8- DC header
9- hollowed cat
10- 2 1/2 exhuast
11- fart can on the end with 4" tip
12- spec stage IV clutch and plate
13- CAI

i have an MSD ignition and coil plus the MSD wires on the way also with NGK plugs and some spray in about a month. anyone got any other suggestions befor i put everything back together?

Why do you need a stage IV clutch?? hahaha Stage II is iffy for that setup.
An Adj Cam Gear would have been nice.. Buy some Pistons instead of a header. Give yourself a reason to use H22 injectors.

NXRacer
03-19-2004, 10:59 AM
how much is the stage IV clutch? Have you looked at the ACT heavy duty clutches? That would be enough to hold a mild/moderatly tuned n/a motor.

86LXItooFAST4me
03-19-2004, 11:27 AM
i have the MSD ignition AND MSD SP (spark plug wires) on the way with the MSD coil (as i said at the bottom of the list, lol fine print i guess??) also in my list i stated that i had a cosmo adjustable fuel regulator already, come on NX, you hi or somethin brotha?? just j/k lol. and nuffic i plan on putting a turbo on when i pull my engine out and have it preped for turbo (forged pistons and such), sounds like a good enuff reason huh? "hahaha".... the reason i have the header is because i got it for 100 bucks so i said why not. and the adjustable cam gear i plan on getting later. like i said, my wallet was raped and i gotta save up a little more but i still havent got my tax return back yet so its all good. i planed on getting the joice first though. and sean told me that spec seemed to be better and when i found some prices i went with them because i got a stage IV clutch SET for $319. so i said, cooo. and its on its way.

:bong:

86LXItooFAST4me
03-19-2004, 11:28 AM
oh yeah and here is where i got my clutch FYI:

http://www.clutchcityonline.com/spec/honda.htm

Later peoples!

86LXItooFAST4me
03-19-2004, 11:29 AM
oh yeah, where could i get a H.P. Fuel Pump??

NXRacer
03-19-2004, 11:34 AM
i guess i didnt read everything good enough. Lol. Looks like you have everything planned out pretty well.

As for Fuel pumps, im not sure which one would be good to get. Sean has mentioned that he uses chevy fuel pumps, but im not sure if he still is or which one to use or if there is a better one available somewhere.

Mike's89AccordLX
03-19-2004, 11:39 AM
Damn sounds like a nice setup! Get some pics of the stuff. Let us know how you like the injectors. I have a H23A1 motor in my 94 Lude Si and I was just curious how much better those were than the Accord injectors.

SteveDX89
03-19-2004, 11:45 AM
There are Walbro fuel pumps on eBay for 98 bucks shipped. At least there were some a little while ago, not sure if they're still there. They are 255 lph pumps and 98 bucks is a pretty good deal.

86LXItooFAST4me
03-19-2004, 11:48 AM
There are Walbro fuel pumps on eBay for 98 bucks shipped. At least there were some a little while ago, not sure if they're still there. They are 255 lph pumps and 98 bucks is a pretty good deal.

yeah i saw those but what the diff between the walbro and stock??

k-roy
03-19-2004, 11:54 AM
You should add forged pistons, forged rods, B16 Intake manifold and an aftermarket Throttle body.
For the cost of working the stock intake/TB you could apply that money that will flow something much better.

Also get a real pipe, not just a hollowed cat, it flows better that way. I learned that one the hard way.

Elijah
03-19-2004, 12:01 PM
I got a fuel pump for a 96chev 7.4litre vortec.And a sock from a early90's camaro.

Nuffice
03-19-2004, 12:02 PM
oh yeah and here is where i got my clutch FYI:

http://www.clutchcityonline.com/spec/honda.htm

Later peoples!

If your going Turbo, Why Spend money on a Header? It's going get replaced w/a Turbo Manifold. That's money that can be spent on the final goal. Have you ever stop to think of what will happen to your transmission with a stage IV clutch? Or the Mounts? An Adj Cam Gear would serve a better purpose than a DC header.

86LXItooFAST4me
03-19-2004, 12:25 PM
dude, im not made out of money so i have to wait on the turbo. im just getting the top end of my motor ready right now, ive only had this car for about 6 months and i have a guy that going to give my tranny some balls. and like i said i got a header that runs about 300 new and i for 100. so when i get my turbo manifold i will just sell the DC. and what do you sugest on mounts? i just replaced them. should i have used something else? and the adjustable cam is on the TO DO list as well. but what mounts should i use then?

SteveDX89
03-19-2004, 12:32 PM
yeah i saw those but what the diff between the walbro and stock??

The Walbro pump will pump more gas into the engine. If you cramming more air into it, you need more gas as well.

86LXItooFAST4me
03-19-2004, 12:48 PM
You should add forged pistons, forged rods, B16 Intake manifold and an aftermarket Throttle body.
For the cost of working the stock intake/TB you could apply that money that will flow something much better.

Also get a real pipe, not just a hollowed cat, it flows better that way. I learned that one the hard way.

what all is involved in putting a B16 intake on my 86 engine? i got my intak and TB with all the work done for $250 how much would that cost for the B16 swap?

86LXItooFAST4me
03-19-2004, 01:48 PM
"bump..." .

Elijah
03-19-2004, 03:28 PM
If your going Turbo, Why Spend money on a Header? It's going get replaced w/a Turbo Manifold. That's money that can be spent on the final goal. Have you ever stop to think of what will happen to your transmission with a stage IV clutch? Or the Mounts? An Adj Cam Gear would serve a better purpose than a DC header.

I'am curious on what mods you have nuffice.Or what makes you such an expert with these cars.

Elijah
03-19-2004, 03:29 PM
I couldnt see u haveing a problem with ur tranny mounts I never have.And if u go turbo and get the kit from sean you will also get a new front motor mount.

A20A1
03-19-2004, 04:25 PM
You should see is 88TurboAccord still has his Eddelbrock intake manifold for sale...

86LXItooFAST4me
03-22-2004, 07:26 AM
well i odered one of those walbro FP. ill update on the results.

smufguy
03-24-2004, 01:46 PM
Well what about an LSD? why does everyone forget about that? If u want a good grip on the tires get a mechanical LSD, not the Phantom grip, but the Quafe or something, i dont know if CUSCO has one for us, but the clutch type or mechanical LSDs are the good ones.

86LXItooFAST4me
03-24-2004, 02:04 PM
Well what about an LSD? why does everyone forget about that? If u want a good grip on the tires get a mechanical LSD, not the Phantom grip, but the Quafe or something, i dont know if CUSCO has one for us, but the clutch type or mechanical LSDs are the good ones.

thats being installed when i pull my tranny to be beefed up

smufguy
03-24-2004, 06:39 PM
you dont need a beefed up tranny, the stock one holds upto 500+hp if u ask me or ask Jhonny, the owner of a 10sec 3g.

86LXi|JustONE
03-25-2004, 05:17 AM
a woman would be my next suggestion...that way youll get ass instead of new parts lol

86LXItooFAST4me
03-25-2004, 08:18 AM
a woman would be my next suggestion...that way youll get ass instead of new parts lol

who is that intended for?

86LXItooFAST4me
10-06-2004, 09:52 AM
YYYAAAAYYYYY, my head and intake are finally on the way back from the shop. ill have it on mon or tues. the mechanic told me i should have around 180HP just with the head job, so i should have around 200hp+. cannt wait to smoke some mustangs, lol.

smufguy
10-06-2004, 09:57 AM
YYYAAAAYYYYY, my head and intake are finally on the way back from the shop. ill have it on mon or tues. the mechanic told me i should have around 180HP just with the head job, so i should have around 200hp+. cannt wait to smoke some mustangs, lol.

:rofl: hahahaha, that gotta be one funny mechanic. How much lift on those cams and are the valves oversized? besides, what is the compression ratio you got? how much did the head flow and with what lift? if the head flows anything less than 360 cfm then it just sucks. what is the size of the Bored out TB u were talking about?

NXRacer
10-06-2004, 10:00 AM
180hp with just head work?? what all was done?

86LXItooFAST4me
10-06-2004, 10:13 AM
lol, its Sean secret opps :D but i had a COMPLETE head intake and TB job ill get the head flow stats tonite when i talk to him again and clearify. i was trying to work and talk to him at the same time. and i updated my mod list so reread that. the TB is a 4G thats just port matched, no boring. and like i said, ill post the lift and CFM later

AccordEpicenter
10-06-2004, 10:34 AM
hmm if youre gonna run boost youll need some kind of boost timing retard device... such as msd boost timing master. Other than that, fuck spec clutches, call up Clutchnet and have them make you a 6 puck sprung hub, dual diaphram (100% stiffer than stock pressure plate) pp... best damn $380 ive ever spent... i love this clutch

86LXItooFAST4me
10-06-2004, 10:50 AM
hmm if youre gonna run boost youll need some kind of boost timing retard device... such as msd boost timing master. Other than that, fuck spec clutches, call up Clutchnet and have them make you a 6 puck sprung hub, dual diaphram (100% stiffer than stock pressure plate) pp... best damn $380 ive ever spent... i love this clutch

yeah, when i get closer to being ready for the turbo ill get more into the timing. im kinda hanging around to see where this OBD1 conv is going.

on the clutch side, that clutchnet sounds good but this new SPEC sounds VERRYY promising. im going to lookinto both more though but yeah, thats deff a very important part in the turbo upgrade. and im going to be getting in touch with you cuz youre car is basically the same turbo setup im shooting for.

AccordEpicenter
10-06-2004, 01:52 PM
well i had a spec stage V and it lasted about 600 miles... That sucks. Besides my 6 puck is a hella lot more streetable, esp because its sprung. It does chatter but so do many pucked clutches. Yea this obd-1 setup when people figure it out... i might give it a shot next year, right now the accord is gonna get put back together and put into storage within the month... then over winter im gonna get a new T3 60 trim (i think im gonna stick with the .63 exhaust, i love the top end even tho it spools like poo) and mess with my wastegate more... eventually im gonna need some suspension mods to keep pace with the power, shes almost frighteninly fast at about 9psi at night in 3rd gear... pulls away from anything this side of a z06 corvette. I need more tuning still...

NXRacer
10-06-2004, 01:57 PM
man, i'm starting to have wet dreams about my car running boost. i really need to get a 2nd job. :D

86LXItooFAST4me
10-08-2004, 04:12 AM
starting to??? watchu talkin bout? ive been haveing them since i was like 14, lol. i dont think they were all about the turbo though :lol: :rofl: :bong:

MoonScryer
10-08-2004, 08:45 AM
Sean convinced SPEC to make a new pressure diaphragm capable of holding 400ft. lbs of torque, if I remember right. It required new tooling and the only completed making some late last month. Call SPEC if you want details, or you might convince Sean to tell you about it.

Anyway, that is the reason you probably wasted the puck clutch so quickly - the pressure diaphragm couldn't keep the disc fully engaged and it just rub itself to death no matter how you drove it. It happens.

MoonScryer
10-08-2004, 08:46 AM
Oh and Ryan, you are going to love that head. I know and specs on it, and OMG is it hairy.

Mike's89AccordLX
10-08-2004, 08:54 AM
Any flow stats yet?

86LXItooFAST4me
10-08-2004, 09:28 AM
ive been trying to call sean back but that dude is harder to get ahold of then a rabbit running from a coyote, lol. ill post them when i get'em.

my shit left HODGKINS, IL this mornin.

86LXItooFAST4me
10-18-2004, 07:12 AM
ok i got word back from sean but its not all the info, just a lil' :

you head flows 190cfm at 400lift intake and 150cfm at 400 lift on the exhuast. the cam is in the head.

Ill see if i can find the flow sheet. its been a while since ive senn it. anyways thats a 45% improvement over stock.

Sean

so thats all the flow info i have for now.

*an update on putting everything together*

ok so far i got the motor and trany pulled, engine on the stand and all. when i pulled the trany off then engine it was CAKED with oil everywhere, inside and out (Mario was right on the gallon of simple green! shit works like a charm!). i thought i had a bad clutch but obviously it was just slipping from all the damn oil. so i got all new seals. new front and rear main seal, new oil pan gasket, front trany seal and left and right trans axle seals, full head set, and timing belt kit and gasket set, new water pump.

**anyone have anypointers on taking the flywheel off? is there anything i REALLY need to know before i do?

i havent run into any problems so far EXSEPT i need another main pully or harmonic balancer (which ever you wanna call it), then one i took off is chiped in two places where the edge of the belt rides. i was wondering why it kept eating belts slowly. but i need one PRONTO.

ALSO i need a new timing belt cover. mine is all warped and eatin up by the timing belt in two places all the way through. so if anyone has any of this please holla at me! i dont have that much of transportation right now so i cannt really check out the salvage yards myself.

dXsquared
10-18-2004, 10:29 AM
just leave the T belt cover off.. you dont need it

Travis

86LXItooFAST4me
10-18-2004, 10:36 AM
im not talking about the top half, im talking about the bottom. and i know i dont need it but i would like to have it. i really REALLY need another front main crank pully though!