PDA

View Full Version : Addco Rear Sway bar: Who has used them?

Busted_Blue
03-19-2004, 02:39 PM
did a search,

found this:

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=ACO%2D379G&view=33

iis that an ideal price for the rear sway bar?

Considering it is roughly 19mm vs the Suspension techniques 15mm i would imagine that the addco is better. Who has used it and got opinions on this bar? I'm interested in investing in one. :)

Mike's89AccordLX
03-19-2004, 02:43 PM
Damn $150 for just the rear bar? I guess that's a bit much for me though.

RobT5580
03-19-2004, 02:50 PM
I think it would be a good upgrade. I have the suspension tech front and rear set and its nice.

88LXi68
03-19-2004, 04:25 PM
I plan on going with the Addco bars this summer...hopefully they are in stock

Busted_Blue
03-19-2004, 06:04 PM
are they still actually in stock?!

Jims 86LXI HB
03-19-2004, 07:32 PM
Man, 2 years ago, I tried to get their rear bar. NO one had it. So I call Addco, do you have it I ask. No, thier on back order. When will you make more, not untill we get a total of 10 on order. At the time they had 1 on order, with the other 9 needed to bring them to production a pretty iffy thing. Someone should call them and find out if they did make a batch and if so, WHERE were they shipped to.

bobafett
03-19-2004, 11:10 PM
damn that looks cool i am interested! :)

PhydeauX
03-20-2004, 09:12 AM
I went through their bs of waiting for the orders to pile up for them to make a bar for my nova. It finally got it done and they sent me a defective bar. They refused to replace it untill they had a full set of orders. Needless to say that was 4 years ago now, and I haven't seen my replacement bar yet, nor do I expect to. Aparently the ae82 corolla chassis isn't a popular platform for modifications any more.

andy

RobT5580
03-20-2004, 09:25 AM
Damn that is messed up especially since it was a screw up on their part. I would have asked for your money back if that was the case.

Busted_Blue
03-20-2004, 01:48 PM
well, so much for that idea. That just plain sucks that ADDCO doesnt make it anymore.

PhydeauX
03-20-2004, 02:07 PM
At first I just wanted the bar, since they are the only domestic company that lists sway bars for that car. For 2 years I was trying and trying to get the bar. I finally found a place in australia that made sway bars for my car and imported one. Once I had a bar then I tried to get my money back, of course 2 years later they wern't going to have any of that. I had purchaced the bar through a local shop and addco was saying I had to get my money back from them. They were saying it had been too long and I had get my money back from addco. I argued back and forth about it and never got any where. Now I just tell this story every time I hear someone mention about concidering buying them. It's a shame, I hear their sway bars for domestics were real good. And I knew several other people that got sway bars from the same batch as me they were all happy. Aparently the bender was out for a drink when he bent mine as his measuerments were a little bit off.

andy

Busted_Blue
03-20-2004, 04:21 PM
That sucks phydeaux, makes me rethink in ordering Addco. Are there any other options for a rear sway bar besides S/T? their bar is only 15mm..and isnt much of a jump from 13mm stock LXi.