PDA

View Full Version : me vs a 87 cutlass

accordlxi2.0
03-20-2004, 05:19 PM
this guy from my job has a 86/87 cutlass surpreme, 4bbl carb, he say's he got quite a few thing's under his hood, i just washed my car too and when 's she clean, she look's like a sexy bitch.
but he asked me what car i have , proudly pointed to my honda he laugh's and he ask's what car's i've raced won and lost, told him he kinda got nervous, asked me if it was stock told him nope,
but he's planning on getting an exhaust soon.
my ****newb question**** is would i have a chance in beating him? :dunno:

DanLXI88
03-20-2004, 05:45 PM
Do you know if it's a 442 package ? 3.8 and 5.0 are the two motors used in that car. I hate to say it but I doubt it.

accordlxi2.0
03-20-2004, 07:49 PM
it's a v8, anyone else

pimp86LX
03-20-2004, 10:22 PM
I would say you lose, especially if he has it modified. 170hp doesn't seem like much but 250ft-lbs of tq will EAT you off the line. If his engine isn't tuned right MABE you have a fighting change when your 2L gets all the way up in the RPM range.

Factory Specifications : For 85-87 Oldsmobile 442

ENGINE SPECIFICATIONS
Engine Type – 90° LG8 V8 (Hi Output)
Displacement – 5.0-liter / 307 cu in.
Net Horsepower – 170 at 4000 rpm
Maximum Torque (ft.-lbs.) – 250 at 2600 rpm
Ignition System – High Energy
Fuel Management – 4-barrel carburetor
Bore & Stroke – 3.800 x 3.385 in.
Exhaust System – Dual, from catalytic converter rearward

DIMENSIONS
Overall Length – 200.0 in.
Overall Width –71.6 in.
Overall Height – 54.9 in.
Wheelbase – 108.1 in.
Curb Weight – 3203 lbs.

k-roy
03-20-2004, 11:06 PM
Thats a tough one. Sure it has a 4 bbl but is it the stock one?
If his car is tuned and running good he will win for sure. If its a POS thats bogged down you will win, depending how your car is.

accordlxi2.0
03-21-2004, 04:00 PM
he say's a v8 but it's not a 442 at least it does'nt look like it.

Oyvind Ryeng
03-21-2004, 09:56 PM
So funny, it has like 3 litres higher displacement, and an old, beaten Honda will almost take it... :D

accordlxi2.0
03-29-2004, 07:03 PM
okay i had to bring this back up . . . . . .cause i went to do an oil chage on a 98 civic lx, he said that this was one of the honda's he raced the engine looked like this, and he said that while they were racing the guy's speedo was at 240mph.
i told him it was after market guage's.
plus me and this guy that has an 91 teg, told him our engine's are bigger.
we have no speed or rev limiter (or mine's does'nt)
i mean he seem's to brag a bit to much, he seem's to think he know's everything too.
but i had my system on and the trunk rattle's at a certain volume level.
he was like oh let me see what ya got, compared to my kenwood, and jl's(which are at home in his basment)
he seen the bose speaker cover's and he was like oh bose don't bump bass that good.
i was like i not a fan of bose but they make everything sound a bit clear, but if you add an aftermarket sytem it add's more bass.

then i don't know how guy's but he thought he knew alot about honda's .
but the subject of a prelude came up, and to make it more intresting the carb version of it.
he was like, you can use the same carb ecu on a accord from a prelude, i was like i'm not for sure reason being they have different sensor's and such and plus the harness may not match.
was i right or was he right?????

accordlxi2.0
04-06-2004, 06:50 PM
Y'ALL won't belive this but his car is stock, it was running rich, he was talking shit (i admit so was i).
it's a v8 but single exhaust.
he was like man when i reach a certain speed, it stay's, this one master tech who has an teg told him well his accord don't have a rev limiter or speed limiter.
he seen my muffler, but nothing else. . . . . . . . .
so that make's me fell more calm . . . . .i mean if i can take a lhs or intrigue i should be able to take this car . . . . . .

POS carb
04-06-2004, 07:08 PM
...he said that while they were racing the guy's speedo was at 240mph.
...he seem's to think he know's everything too.

he don't know jack if he thinks a Honda can do 240, let alone a 15 year old cutlass with no mods...

However, if you keep them maintained and tuned they are quick

accordlxi2.0
04-06-2004, 07:13 PM
hmmm it was running rich.

accordlxi2.0
04-10-2004, 02:40 PM
yall remember mister 87 cutlass salon, racing anyone, and beating them, thinking he know's about honda's, man.
today he was like "oh my boy got a new civic, fixed it up, coted rims, spoiler, big dual muffler's,5spd."
"i told him about tyou and i want yall to race . . . "
i'm like oh shit, he said that him and the civic was racing . . got a good take off, then he was like once he got up to speed his cutlass dusted him, then turns around and say's i think he would've beaten me if he did get pulled over . . . .
i told him, well if it's stick i maybe able to get him 1-4 but not 5th, i told him i race civic's dx,lx,ex and won . . . . .

he such an ass . . . . . .

krott5333
04-12-2004, 03:44 PM
face it, 3geez are slloooowww unless you have some type of forced induction.

accordlxi2.0
04-12-2004, 04:33 PM
um maybe you have'nt read where i took on a old's intrigue????????