PDA

View Full Version : High rev, choke opens all the way, engine dies

Bryan Smith
03-20-2004, 07:41 PM
What is causing this? The other day doing about 90 I was just screwing around and I jumped this little roller hill getting the two front wheels off the ground for a split second. Came back down, didnt really come down hard. But now when Im at a stop light, and the engine is warm. I take off, engine stumbles, then dies (very embarrasing)

So tonight I took off my airbox, dumped a few cups of seafoam, and deepcreep into the carb, to no success.

I started playing with my throttle cable, reved it up, and noticed the lever on the electric choke pulled back all the way, and the engine stumbled and died.

:dunno: Anyone got any clues?

A20A1
03-20-2004, 07:48 PM
Well after the motor stumbled and died did it restart?

Did you over rev the motor? you could have hit a fuel cut and your float bowl slowly drained.

Bryan Smith
03-20-2004, 07:50 PM
Well after the motor stumbled and died did it restart?

Did you over rev the motor? you could have hit a fuel cut and your float bowl slowly drained.

Yup restarts instantly at the turn of the key. when i said High rev, i ment 3000+ rpms. And Ive never over-rev'd since i bought this thing. lol grrr. Like picture yourself at a stop light, idleing waiting for it to turn green. Turns green, you give it a little gas.

Normal Situation: Accord drives off fine.

My situation: Accord hesitates, then engine dies.