PDA

View Full Version : Which is a better setup?

BKKloppenborg
03-20-2004, 11:07 PM
89 Honda Accord LX 98 Hp with cold air intake, K&N filter, muffler, turbo, new ignition, sparks, wires, roater, new fuel pump,new Manifold , Pistons, Rings, Rods and Fuel Inject. Controls & Parts. i firgure about 140 HP here?

Or 160 HP/vtec with cold air intake, K&N filter, muffler, turbo, new Ignition, sparks, wires, roater, new fuel pump, new Manifold, new bigger Pistons, Rings, Rods, Fuel Inject. Controls & Parts. about 210 here?

i am not sure because about half say to get the bigger engine and other half say to stick with smaller engine. so is it just a personal pereference?

Robs89LXi
03-20-2004, 11:34 PM
If you don't mind me asking, how old are you, and is this your first car?

k-roy
03-21-2004, 02:56 AM
Umm you put turbo down for both, I think both setups will get more power than you think.
Oh and VTEC sucks!

My reccomendation is to slap on PVC short ram intake, run high octane gas and drive the holy piss out of your car. Do that for a while while saving your money up. If you and the car are still alive in 3 months then get back with us and we can tell you what to do to go faster.

Elijah
03-21-2004, 05:20 AM
With turbo you will get alot more then 140hp.You should beable to get 140extra out of the turbo.

dXsquared
03-21-2004, 08:35 AM
my sugestion...

sell your accord, sell your other car, and buy a talon, nissan 240SX, Camaro or Trans Am... they all have lotsa power

Travis

Dennis
03-21-2004, 09:23 AM
same questions, new threads. when will this madness end? :omg:

shepherd79
03-21-2004, 10:13 AM
BKK, i think you have a lot of learning to do.
if you convert A20 carbed motor into fuel injector motor and turbo it with 8 psi, you will get more than 140hp. people here get 140hp on NA EFi or carb motors easy.

i have to agree, Vtec is overrated, plus it doesn't work with turbo as good as regular motors without Vtec.

i think you need to settle down, because you made tons of post asking the same questions. the way i see, you haven't made your mind what you want to do. both setups of yours will cost diff amount of money. Try to figure out what you can afford first and got from there.

BKKloppenborg
03-21-2004, 11:45 AM
If you don't mind me asking, how old are you, and is this your first car?

I am 17 almost 18 and yes this is my first car.

Robs89LXi
03-21-2004, 03:20 PM
Okay, then I can understand your excitement with the wanting to modify your car. What everyone here is trying to tell you though is good advice. Rather than just using the "shotgun" approach of trying to think about too many ways to go, sit down and write down what you are trying to accomplish. For example, with my car, I won't be racing it, using it for long trips, or wanting a show car. I want a street fighter; something that will accelerate very quickly from the line, and from the 30-40mph range so that I can dart between traffic, or pass slower moving cars in a short amount of space. I am not needing something that will produce power in the high rpm ranges, as I need more low and mid range power. For this, I will be going with a turbo setup, but using a small/medium turbo so that I can get fast spool and better low/mid range punch. I don't need more than around 200hp, so I am not spending a lot of money on bottom end rebuilding. So, now that I have this complete picture of what I want, I will be concentrating my spending on some bottom end beefing up (pistons, rod bolts, bearings upgrade), turbo and piping, engine management system, possible fuel upgrade, and exhaust system. Does this help any? Sit down and write out what you are trying to accomplish, then research (that is, look up old threads here, visit other websites etc., not just ask every question that pops into your head) to see what others have done before. Why reinvent the wheel, right? When you see what is out there, and how it fits what you want to do, then start shopping around for prices and see how much all of it will cost so you will know how much you will have to come up with. Posting lots of threads here with basically the same question of wondering which way you should go does become irritating to many because they have taken the time to do the things I listed above, and get frustrated that you are sounding like you want them to make your mind up for you. Only you can know what you realy want, so figure out what that is first, make a plan, and stick with it. Then, when you know where you are going specifically, you will be able to ask specific questions and folks here will be able to help you. Okay? Hope this helps.

Robs89LXi
03-21-2004, 03:23 PM
By the way, don't spend all your money on the car.... you'll need some for girls too :).

BKKloppenborg
03-21-2004, 03:25 PM
o bty that is the car i want to fast but nit crazy fast no more then 200hp.

By the way, don't spend all your money on the car.... you'll need some for girls too :).

lol i dont want one yet because they spend all your money on things they want you to buy them.