PDA

View Full Version : problem~ quick need help!!~

Busted_Blue
03-21-2004, 11:24 AM
ok i got my rear struts off, the springs are off, im installing tokico springs on tokico struts...the problem is that the spring isnt fitted properly on the top! the bottom fits nicely but the spring is shorter than oem so the top of the spring isnt snuggly fit with the top of the strut! what am i doin wrong?! need an answer quick! thanks.

lightbulblxi
03-21-2004, 12:44 PM
are u saying that the spring is shorter than the stock ones so it isnt ushing up on the top of the strut? if that is the case than it just means that u will have a slight drop, when i put my dropzone springs on, they were a bout half the length of the stock ones, if u push the strut down it should be onm the spring.

Busted_Blue
03-21-2004, 01:47 PM
Now both are in and the left side is lower than the right. The Left was the side that was loose.But the right was very snug and no movement. Any thought? :dunno:

lightbulblxi
03-21-2004, 01:55 PM
do u have the top of the strut tightened all the way?

jayp6969
03-21-2004, 01:55 PM
bushings on correctly??? hows the alignment of the springs???

Busted_Blue
03-21-2004, 03:03 PM
everything is on tightly, but one side is lower in the rear. it was installed correctly, but one side on the rear, the spring has a wobble, the other side has no wobble and is snugged. I'm doing timing belt, ps belt, alt belt right now so the fronts arent in yet. They fit fine in the mounts out of the car, so only the driver side rear has a wobbly spring. I'm not sure if they are actually shorter or not, i might have to take it back out and see :(

the rears are not parallel, its slanted with the passenger rear higher :(

:dunno:

Busted_Blue
03-21-2004, 08:08 PM
well, nevermind. Seems like when i put everything down it still was remotely similar balance. I'm still wondering about the wobble, since ONE side on the rear springs was wobbling and the that doesnt go really easy for me. Well, my car is down now, since my dad and I were having trouble with the crankshaft pulley bolt, and our air gun didnt have enough power to take it out. So, my car is down for now, but it looks great! :)