PDA

View Full Version : What are the best speakers and CD player?

BKKloppenborg
03-21-2004, 12:52 PM
What are the best speakers and CD player? I need a CD player in car, and a good set of 4 speakers and good brands anyone likes? I hate it when CD players skip so i want some advise since most of you probaly have Cd players thx.

jayp6969
03-21-2004, 01:57 PM
Speakers ur looking at probbly focal they will run u about 1500 bucks for the front and about 1800 for the back....decks im not too sure on like a compatition deck pioneer the hight end are really good right now with the 11 band equalizer...

Dennis
03-21-2004, 02:13 PM
It all depends on what kind of sound you want. If you buy a cd player it's not going to skip because it's a crappy cd player. It'll skip when you put a scratched or defected cd into it. You can't just ask open ended questions like this. There is no best cd player or speakers. It all depends on what you want. People's patience is going to run out with you, quit posting stupid questions and start researching for yourself. We don't know what you think the best is. :rant:

jayp6969
03-21-2004, 02:19 PM
good show dennis

BKKloppenborg
03-21-2004, 02:24 PM
It all depends on what kind of sound you want. If you buy a cd player it's not going to skip because it's a crappy cd player. It'll skip when you put a scratched or defected cd into it. You can't just ask open ended questions like this. There is no best cd player or speakers. It all depends on what you want. People's patience is going to run out with you, quit posting stupid questions and start researching for yourself. We don't know what you think the best is. :rant:

DAMN WTF YOU STOCKING MY POSTS? :wtf: FIRST OF ALL my friend bought a new cd player for car and bought a new cd and the thing skiped so it doesn't have to be the cd that messes it up. Second wtf is wrong with you why are u such a asshole? :321:

good show dennis

And wtf are you on his side wtf is wrong with all this assholes who pick on people who want to learn?

shepherd79
03-21-2004, 02:31 PM
the answer is simple. if you use the search button you can find all kinds of info on any of your question.
everyone is irritated with you because you ask stupid questions that have been answered 1000 time or more.
it is not hard to click on search button and type "best speakers".

Dennis
03-21-2004, 02:32 PM
You don't want to learn. You want all the information handed to you on a 24k gold platter with silver trim. I don't have much patience as you can tell. No I'm not "stocking" your posts. Just everytime I see your name I know you're asking a retarded question and wasting people's time. You can learn anything you want from the internet by reading and searching. Not posting new threads. Ok? Thanks. :burn:

BKKloppenborg
03-21-2004, 02:33 PM
the answer is simple. if you use the search button you can find all kinds of info on any of your question.

I did damit dont join his side to maybye at 12:00 pm there was something wrong with the fucking serch button. Damn this form used to be my favorite overall because people used to be nice, and try to help me and there is good info on it NOW I THINK IT IS A FUCKED UP FORM.

BKKloppenborg
03-21-2004, 02:35 PM
You don't want to learn. You want all the information handed to you on a 24k gold platter with silver trim. I don't have much patience as you can tell. No I'm not "stocking" your posts. Just everytime I see your name I know you're asking a retarded question and wasting people's time. You can learn anything you want from the internet by reading and searching. Not posting new threads. Ok? Thanks. :burn:

K i am done with them except the cuss you out forms, for you and other people who piss me off because they are assholes. :321: :321:

Dennis
03-21-2004, 02:38 PM
Just so you know... this isn't a FORM. It's a FORUM.

BKKloppenborg
03-21-2004, 02:42 PM
Just so you know... this isn't a FORM. It's a FORUM.

Ok damit so i cant type well now, i hurt my finger and have a big thing over it so i cant type well and fast ok?

Dennis
03-21-2004, 02:51 PM
Let's move our discussion to your dennis is an asshole... (http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?p=374541#post374541) thread. :idea:

BKKloppenborg
03-21-2004, 03:09 PM
Let's move our discussion to your dennis is an asshole... (http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?p=374541#post374541) thread. :idea:

lol ok... :Hell yes:

Elijah
03-21-2004, 03:12 PM
K i am done with them except the cuss you out forms, for you and other people who piss me off because they are assholes. :321: :321:

Did u ever stop to think mabey just mabey everybodys is not out to get u.Mabey u r in the wrong here.Please just read for a couple days before u make anymore threads.Trust me it will be alot less headache for everyone.

BKKloppenborg
03-21-2004, 03:21 PM
Did u ever stop to think mabey just mabey everybodys is not out to get u.Mabey u r in the wrong here.Please just read for a couple days before u make anymore threads.Trust me it will be alot less headache for everyone.

too late i have a headache and so does every 1 else probaly, and i would have stopped if Dennis would of but he keeps provoking me.

Dennis
03-21-2004, 04:06 PM
Well thats good that you let me run your life. Your thread about me being an asshole was deleted, so stop worrying about me. I'm going to keep posting here and you probably will too. Deal with it. :idea:

shepherd79
03-21-2004, 04:09 PM
the thread was moved to administration section of the board.
plus if you two don't stop going at each other, you both will be banned. count this as the first warning to both of you.

shepherd79
03-21-2004, 04:14 PM
the answer to your question in this thread is simple, you get what you pay for.
if you want good speakers you will have to cash out good money.
I am Alpine guy. I have nothing but Alpine stereo equipment in my car. the HU, 4 speakers, 2 amps and one sub cost me $1200. that doesn not include custom wirring i had to buy ($150), sound proofing matterial $300.
my car is not set up for SPL (sound pressure level), i build my system so it would sound good.
you probably can go with high end pioneer products, i hear they are OK.

Hash_man_Se_i
03-21-2004, 04:52 PM
Speakers ur looking at probbly focal they will run u about 1500 bucks for the front and about 1800 for the back....decks im not too sure on like a compatition deck pioneer the hight end are really good right now with the 11 band equalizer...

I 100% agree about Focal speakers. I have Focal's in my fronts right now, and can;t wait to put an amp to them. I think that they are by far the best sounding speakers on the market, especially after I heard them in one of Focal's demo vehicles. I was lucky enough to get mine used, and in good shape, so they didn't cost me much, except for building pods for the tweeters in the a-pillars. But if you want to get some new, you can get in to their componant speakers for around $400 CDN, and can go up to as far as about $1800CDN for 2-way componants.

Another great option for speakers, which I have been told are almost better than Focal's but have never heard myself, are Alpine F1 status speakers. However, these will cost you around $3000 +.

As for decks, I have an Alpine, and am very pleased with it, especially with the nice Time Correction feature, it helps quite a bit. Other awesome decks are Clarion, Eclipse, and Nakamichi.

And unlike what JayP6969 said, do not look for a good equalizer in a deck, well it is nice to have, but if you really want an equalizer, then one in a deck usually is not even worth paying extra for, just get a good deck, with some good features like time correcrtion, and at least 3 pre-outs. If you want an equalizer, buy an external one. Also make sure that the deck has all the things you need and want it to have, like MP3 compatability.

BKKloppenborg
03-21-2004, 05:26 PM
I 100% agree about Focal speakers. I have Focal's in my fronts right now, and can;t wait to put an amp to them. I think that they are by far the best sounding speakers on the market, especially after I heard them in one of Focal's demo vehicles. I was lucky enough to get mine used, and in good shape, so they didn't cost me much, except for building pods for the tweeters in the a-pillars. But if you want to get some new, you can get in to their componant speakers for around $400 CDN, and can go up to as far as about $1800CDN for 2-way componants.

Another great option for speakers, which I have been told are almost better than Focal's but have never heard myself, are Alpine F1 status speakers. However, these will cost you around $3000 +.

As for decks, I have an Alpine, and am very pleased with it, especially with the nice Time Correction feature, it helps quite a bit. Other awesome decks are Clarion, Eclipse, and Nakamichi.

And unlike what JayP6969 said, do not look for a good equalizer in a deck, well it is nice to have, but if you really want an equalizer, then one in a deck usually is not even worth paying extra for, just get a good deck, with some good features like time correcrtion, and at least 3 pre-outs. If you want an equalizer, buy an external one. Also make sure that the deck has all the things you need and want it to have, like MP3 compatability.

Ty all for help

k-roy
03-21-2004, 06:02 PM
For speakers personally I like MB Quart. Its not cheap, but far from what you could spend. Its standard German higher end audio. http://www.mbquart.com/ I owned a set of components and they were excelent quality for the price. I think it was around $400 for a pair of 5.25" Mids, 1" tweeters, and crossovers.

When it comes to CD palyers I have to say by far Nakamichi, http://www.nakamichi.com/
Too bad you probably paid less for your car than one of their decks run.

I got a good question. How much are you looking to spend?

Hash_man_Se_i
03-21-2004, 06:13 PM
Ya, definately good to base it around your budget, then you can get the best equipment for your money... Also, I have heard lots of people rave on about MB Quarts, but have never really heard any myself.

Needless to say, now that they are owned by Rockford Fosgate, I would stay far away. IMO.

BKKloppenborg
03-21-2004, 06:16 PM
For speakers personally I like MB Quart. Its not cheap, but far from what you could spend. Its standard German higher end audio. http://www.mbquart.com/ I owned a set of components and they were excelent quality for the price. I think it was around $400 for a pair of 5.25" Mids, 1" tweeters, and crossovers.

When it comes to CD palyers I have to say by far Nakamichi, http://www.nakamichi.com/
Too bad you probably paid less for your car than one of their decks run.

I got a good question. How much are you looking to spend?

for sound mayabye about a grand or two. no more then 2 grand though

puleosei89
03-21-2004, 06:54 PM

so dennis are you trying to tell us that we should pick jensen or pyle over infinty, rockford, jl, audiobahn, kicker, and all the good names? why cant people just ask questions. i mean does it hurt to answer...im personally gettin aggrivated when newbies like me ask questions

anyways BKKloppenborg i say go with Pioneer cd player any really i think there awesome and buy some infinity reference speakers for the door and the rear deck they really sound awesome!!

BKKloppenborg
03-21-2004, 07:06 PM
so dennis are you trying to tell us that we should pick jensen or pyle over infinty, rockford, jl, audiobahn, kicker, and all the good names? why cant people just ask questions. i mean does it hurt to answer...im personally gettin aggrivated when newbies like me ask questions

anyways BKKloppenborg i say go with Pioneer cd player any really i think there awesome and buy some infinity reference speakers for the door and the rear deck they really sound awesome!!

WOW ty someone acually joined my team about ppl not helping newbies!

:cool: Thanks for the info.

puleosei89
03-21-2004, 07:10 PM
yeah it has happened to me before and i hate when it happens

Dennis
03-21-2004, 07:32 PM
When did I ever say pick one brand over another? I was saying no one can tell him what the best cd players are if we don't know what he wants out of the cd player. Him telling us he wants one that doesn't skip... wow I can tell him which one to get now. :idea:

BKKloppenborg
03-21-2004, 07:35 PM
When did I ever say pick one brand over another? I was saying no one can tell him what the best cd players are if we don't know what he wants out of the cd player. Him telling us he wants one that doesn't skip... wow I can tell him which one to get now. :idea:

damn i think he has had to much to drink, damn dude now you make me want to get some Volka which i do have here i has been a long day of fighting. :violin:

sccrsteve5
03-21-2004, 07:45 PM
I personally like the Alpine HUs and Infinity or MB Quart speakers.But, I have heard Crystal speakers aren't bad either(i dunno for sure). I am looking to get a pair of Infinity Kappas 63.5i's. they sounded pretty good at a store i went to...how many subs are you looking at?(if any)and what size?

Hash_man_Se_i
03-21-2004, 07:53 PM
Ya, what do you plan to get with this "grand or two"? Do you want to get a deck, front and rear speakers, and a sub(s) and amp?

If so, that makes things very different. If you want everything... I would recomend something like the Alpine CDA-9813 Headunit, this years looks awesome.. Then I would not do anything with my back speakers, just spend about 500 on some really good Focal fronts, like the Polyglass. Then I would spend that last thousand on wiring, install, and with about 700 left over, I would get a good sub and amp combo.

Dennis
03-21-2004, 07:57 PM
damn i think he has had to much to drink, damn dude now you make me want to get some Volka which i do have here i has been a long day of fighting. :violin:
:stupid:
Um... I don't drink alcohol. :dunno: I'm not trying to be a dick but what is Volka?

BKKloppenborg
03-21-2004, 08:00 PM
VODKA other typing error. (:

Dennis
03-21-2004, 08:02 PM
Don't drink and drive, smoke and fly... ehh :dunno:

BKKloppenborg
03-21-2004, 08:04 PM
Don't drink and drive, smoke and fly... ehh :dunno:

Nope, its really bad if you do here to much damn traffic.

Dennis
03-21-2004, 08:07 PM
Get tinted windows... :dunno:

BKKloppenborg
03-21-2004, 08:09 PM
Get tinted windows... :dunno:

I love them, but their llegal were i live. damit that sucks. :wtf:

Dennis
03-21-2004, 08:15 PM
What the hell? It's illegal to tint your windows? What about cars that come with stock tinted windows? Anyways, I'm going to bed. Good-night.

:cheers: i guess

BKKloppenborg
03-21-2004, 08:23 PM
What the hell? It's illegal to tint your windows? What about cars that come with stock tinted windows? Anyways, I'm going to bed. Good-night.

:cheers: i guess

LOL good night and yes that is so fucked up "Only in California. :werd: "

Dennis
03-22-2004, 10:23 AM
so what about cars that come out of the factory with tinted windows? do they have to take them off? :dunno:

BKKloppenborg
03-22-2004, 10:50 AM
so what about cars that come out of the factory with tinted windows? do they have to take them off? :dunno:

I dont know, i just know their llegel in mhy City THAT is so fucked up. :wtf:

Dennis
03-22-2004, 11:15 AM
Who told you it's illegal? I'd go find out for sure because I don't really believe that tinting your windows would be illegal. :ugh:

Why aren't you in school? :dunno: I had to go to the Doctor to get my cancer shit checked out. http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=31923 :cool2:

Cheeseburger
03-22-2004, 11:15 AM
:wtf: i live in cali and i have all my windows tinted. the back one are limo black and the front pasanger are 35% black

Dennis
03-22-2004, 11:20 AM
I just think he's gullible. :cool2:

86LXItooFAST4me
03-22-2004, 11:23 AM
will all of you just SHUT UP!!!! your bringin a brotha down!! :bong: j/k

Cheeseburger
03-22-2004, 11:25 AM
I just think he's gullible. :cool2:
:ugh: :ugh2:

DanLXI88
03-22-2004, 11:28 AM
What ever you choose as far as Car equipment keep in mind you might lose it to theft. So $500.00 for some door speakers/components is crazy to pay IMO. Pioneer, Alpine, Clarion, JL are just a few of my favorites to go with you can get a pair of front 5 1/4 or 6 /1/2 for under $150.00 for a great sounding set of speakers. Really it is allot like cars "Who makes the best car??" I would say Honda but allot of people might not agree. Just my $0.02 Good luck !

Dennis
03-22-2004, 11:35 AM
will all of you just SHUT UP!!!! your bringin a brotha down!! :bong: j/k
just so you know no one is putting a gun to your head and making you read our posts. :bandit:

BKKloppenborg
03-22-2004, 11:46 AM
Who told you it's illegal? I'd go find out for sure because I don't really believe that tinting your windows would be illegal. :ugh:

Why aren't you in school? :dunno: I had to go to the Doctor to get my cancer shit checked out. http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=31923 :cool2:

I out of school becuase we have a one week vacation right now. And My city told me it was llegal to have tented windows i asked them.

Damn that sucks. :crying:

Dennis
03-22-2004, 11:51 AM
Oh spring break here isn't until next week. Tinted windows can't be illegal man. They just can't be. :cool2:

BKKloppenborg
03-22-2004, 11:51 AM
I out of school becuase we have a one week vacation right now. And My city told me it was llegal to have tented windows i asked them.

Damn that sucks. :crying:

p.s. by the way i was gonna say i know kinda how you feel because i have a bad heart, and i have to go to docter every once in a while to take a damn ulrasound. My rib cage is so fucked up its funney its all off wack. :dunno:

And this is acually true i have Marfans Syndram. Or some shit like that which i can't spell.

Dennis
03-22-2004, 12:02 PM
Ew I know how that feels too. I went to the doctor for a physical to play football and they said I had a heart murmer and I had to go to Nashville (about a 100 miles from here) and get an ultrasound done on my heart. Well things turned out for the good because I didn't have any problems. I even had to wear this little box with patches attatched to my skin for 24 hours. :ugh:

BKKloppenborg
03-22-2004, 12:57 PM
Ew I know how that feels too. I went to the doctor for a physical to play football and they said I had a heart murmer and I had to go to Nashville (about a 100 miles from here) and get an ultrasound done on my heart. Well things turned out for the good because I didn't have any problems. I even had to wear this little box with patches attatched to my skin for 24 hours. :ugh:

Damn i hate ultrasounds, every once in a while i get Chest pain and my heart hurts really bad a couple days a month. My haven't told my mom or dad though about that lol. I hate hospitals, and that is why i dont tell them.

DanLXI88
03-22-2004, 01:08 PM

Nothing-sexier then going to bed with wires and crap all over you I had this done and it sucked BAD! My skin getting pilled off with the adhesive after the 24hrs hurt like a hoe. but the hot assistant was nice :cool:

BKKloppenborg
03-22-2004, 01:25 PM
Nothing-sexier then going to bed with wires and crap all over you I had this done and it sucked BAD! My skin getting pilled off with the adhesive after the 24hrs hurt like a hoe. but the hot assistant was nice :cool:

LOL You lucky i had a guy docter. :mad:

86LXItooFAST4me
03-24-2004, 09:17 AM
just so you know no one is putting a gun to your head and making you read our posts. :bandit:

ummm, the key word was " JOKE"

KoNEY
03-30-2004, 09:53 PM
yeah, all pioneer/premier is good and even better if you get the $199.00+ HU's, because of their amount of good features, like high-pass filters for f/r speakers and outputs, and subsonic filter for the sub/non-fade output.....

Bryan
03-31-2004, 07:18 PM
I am a true believer in Alpine for the deck (Head Unit). I would go with rockford fosgate or daimond for speakers.
Bryan.

BKKloppenborg
04-01-2004, 07:48 PM
I am a true believer in Alpine for the deck (Head Unit). I would go with rockford fosgate or daimond for speakers.
Bryan.

k ty all for help.