PDA

View Full Version : Another Power Window Question

Asturias
03-21-2004, 01:10 PM
I think my passenger side power window motor finally died...with the window in the "down" position. Is there a way to manually raise the window back up until I have the time and resources to make the fix? Thanks!

cruznz
03-21-2004, 02:35 PM
might want to try and feed direct power to the motor, in case its the switch playing up

A20A1
03-21-2004, 02:55 PM
You'd probably end up taking off the side pannel to try and force it up manually.

Hows the radiator working out for you?

neoblue89lxi
03-21-2004, 03:13 PM
Pull the inside door panel off, including the upper chrome trim. Take out the two bolts holding the window to the regulator and slide out the glass sideways. You will have to remove all of the bolts holding the regulator and motor off so you can move the assymbly into a position so you can get to the two bolts holding the regulator to the glass. Slide out the motor and regulator through the bottom hole. Now would be a good time to replace the motor with a junkyard one but if you just want to keep the window in the up positiion then remove the three small bolts connecting the motor to the regulator. Move the regulator part that is moved by the motor to the opposite end which will be up and then put the motor back on. I'm talking about the half circle thing with teeth that the motor gear moves. Good luck and you might want a person to help you hold up the window while you remove the two bolts. By the way all of the wires can be easily unclipped. No need to really force them apart. You may just have a dirty connection so try playing with the wire connectors for the motor.

Asturias
03-22-2004, 01:22 AM
I'll try these on Tuesday when I'll have a buddy over to serve as a second pair of hands.

Asturias
03-22-2004, 01:29 AM
Hows the radiator working out for you?

It's working great. No problems at all. My niece's husband put it in. He didn't charge me, but I gave him some cash anyway. How's school?