PDA

View Full Version : Irresponsible drivers have always sucked...

zero.counter
03-21-2004, 03:28 PM
Well the story goes...Friday night, I had to park the car outside in the street on the curb since the entire drive way was already full of cars. I always had this feeling that someone would one day hit either a person or a car (my car) on our humble 25 mph street. I went to sleep about midnight and heard nothing out of the ordinary as I sometimes do. I woke up and watched the toons with the kids on saturday morning and my wife was about to use the accord to go to pick up my daughter's cake from the bakery for her birthday and she came back inside and told me, "You are not gonna like what I have to tell you". I thought that someone stole my deck or the optima battery (they are that pathetic around here) and went for a look see. Someone hit and run the driver's side front corner of the car. The fender was gone, the tire rim (steelie) had battle damage and major camber due to the hit, and the bumper support is pinched, causing the pop-up light to stick.

I removed the fender, found the vacuum lines to one of the smaller air boxes completely broken, the parking light was completely obliterated into tiny pieces, and some misc. part were destroyed like the parking light harness and wires, the reservoir lines for the washers and my spirit.

A lady, whom we have been on bad terms with, came out and told us a party was going on after 1 a.m. and some people were street racing, most noteably a truck and a late model camaro. She said that she heard a llarge crash and went to see and the car sped off. I found a dark blue paint scratch on my fender, but that's it. I pulled the car in and will begin putting her back together.

I just can't understand how I did not hear anything, not that it would have done any good since they sped off. I am just glad it was not a person like the kids in the area or something to that effect.

zero.counter
03-21-2004, 03:32 PM
Additonally, I have already 'glassed the bumper and banged out some of the twisted hangers. I will be looking for a fender at pick-n-pull sometime this week. The bumper support is another story. Since it is such a thick guage of steel, I will need a heavy mallet to bang back in. The headlight motor still works though.

lightbulblxi
03-21-2004, 03:37 PM
that sux man, i never park in the street cuz its a 25 mph zone, and people go flying by at like 60.

Oyvind Ryeng
03-21-2004, 03:37 PM
Oh man that sucks! If anyone layed a finger on my Accord I would flip into "Psychotic-insane-furious-angry-mad"-mode and kick their asses. Too bad you're probably never gonna find out who assaulted your 3G. :(

rforce27
03-21-2004, 03:55 PM
I feel your pain... While my car was never "hit and run", some punk thought there would be valuables in mine and broke the doors windows and searched the car (but took nothing since nothing resellable was in it). I'm insured "one side" only, never had any refund or cops...

I'm also concerned about hit and run, there is a club down the road and a lot of drunk drivers around here... So i always park my car out of harms way and clearly visible from my window (no parking for my car :( )...

k-roy
03-21-2004, 04:18 PM
That really blows. I had a similar thing happen in a parking lot 2 differant times. Fortunately my insurance covered it. I filed police reports, but nothing ever came of them. Did you file a report? Does your insurance cover it?

zero.counter
03-21-2004, 04:20 PM
Did you file a report? Does your insurance cover it?
No, for numerous reasons. And no, because the car is too old for full coverage.

k-roy
03-21-2004, 04:22 PM
Too old for full coverage? I say your insurance company sucks. I could get full (but I don't) coverage with my policy. Shit, my brother has a 76 Mercury with full coverage.

wprocomp
03-21-2004, 06:26 PM
man that sucks zero...man I hope someone gets what they deserve for that...hey man if you need an alignment I can hook you up with someone,let me know!