PDA

View Full Version : 775ish a good price?

89cordlx
07-11-2002, 05:07 PM
ok, well I look on Nopionline.com for alot of parts for my car and I am looking for all new exhaust (headers, straight pip, high flo cat, and then the muffler and all) and when adding up everything I get the price of 775 (before shipping ) MONZA Exhaust Sys. Honda $151.63 (thats the catback exhaust),
DC 2pc Ceramic header $338.42 , Hi-Flow Catalytic Conv. Honda $128.73 , Front Pipe $161.82. Might I find better prices if I looked into going to a gayrage for all theis parts?

RobT5580
07-11-2002, 07:48 PM
I would scratch off the Pacesetter exhaust. Trust me i have owned two of them and they rust out and fall apart within 2yrs and start to look crappy within the first yr. I would buy a universal muffler and have a shop do the piping. I liked the idea that they were bolt on but very very poor quality and poor customer service.....

1988starter
07-11-2002, 08:07 PM
If you get pacesetter go ceramic.

GDGuy11B
07-12-2002, 05:07 AM
it's just as easy to get a universal muffler and have a shop weld a 2 1/4 inch pipe from the cat back.

TeKKnoTeKK
07-12-2002, 07:13 AM
yeah bro...go with the custom piping and muffler, you wont regret it.

POS carb
07-12-2002, 07:37 AM
i bought the pacesetter and the only thing it was good for was providing the pipe I used to attach my hooker muffler to

1988starter
07-12-2002, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by POS carb
i bought the pacesetter and the only thing it was good for was providing the pipe I used to attach my hooker muffler to

Yea I did the same thing just attached a dynomax muffler.

Jims 86LXI HB
07-13-2002, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by 89cordlx
ok, well I look on Nopionline.com for alot of parts for my car and I am looking for all new exhaust (headers, straight pip, high flo cat, and then the muffler and all) and when adding up everything I get the price of 775 (before shipping ) MONZA Exhaust Sys. Honda $151.63 (thats the catback exhaust),
DC 2pc Ceramic header $338.42 , Hi-Flow Catalytic Conv. Honda $128.73 , Front Pipe $161.82. Might I find better prices if I looked into going to a gayrage for all theis parts?

WHOA!!! I will be utterly shocked if nopi has a DC Sports header in stock ready to ship. Most all thier business is done by taking a order, sending it to the manufactuer and haveing them drop ship it to you. So more than likely you will not get your header anytime soon. Of course if I'm wrong and they do have it on their shelves and the shipped it to you, thats really a good thing. If I were you I'd call them back and tell them you need to know if they have that header in stock in THEIR wherehouse. Or do they have to order it from DC Sports. If they have to order it from DC Sports you will have to wait about 3 to 6 months. You would have been better off buying one of the one's being sold cheap in the market place here on this board. It took me 5 weeks of searching and emailing to find one, no one had them, they all wanted to order it, and their was not way that I was going to let someone have $300 for 3 to 6 months and I get nothing. For you sake I hope you get it soon.:smokin: