PDA

View Full Version : need some help

AccordArizona89
03-22-2004, 03:16 PM
alright my battery fucked me over the other night and died. got the car towed home. lucky i was signed up fro free AAA towing. well i tihnk i need a new Alternator but i have no idea were it is. can anyone show me a pic and how much u think i can get one at a yard? :bandit:

BensAccordLxi
03-22-2004, 03:42 PM
The altenator is right behind the motor. There is a pully for the A/C, power stearing, and the waterpump and altenator. I'll sell you the one off my Accord. I'll sell you my battery too. I'm in Tucson so I'm not too far.

k-roy
03-22-2004, 04:31 PM
You can see it in this pic. The shiny new piece is the water pump, the alternator is to the right of it.

http://monolith.projectgamma.com/~kroy/3geez/water%20pump/6.jpg

If you read my water pump install in the howto section it pretty much tells you how to remove the alternator. The only thing I left out is disconnecting the harness, power cable and lower mounting bolt.
After you do that the alt should pull right out.

As for price I paid around 100 for a rebuilt alternator. If you want a junkyard price try opening up the yellow pages. I think they go for around $20 or $30

AccordArizona89
03-22-2004, 08:23 PM
hey ben thats awesome. i tihnk it might be a hookup cause the battery light on my gauge like lights up only when im slowing down and goes off here and there. but how much u askin for it

BensAccordLxi
03-22-2004, 08:38 PM
25 for the altenator and 15 for the battery.