PDA

View Full Version : *Shaved Hood Squirters*

MIK3
03-22-2004, 03:28 PM
Has anyone ever tried shaving the hood squirters off the hood? I'm thinking about doing this mod, because I never use my hood squirters simply because my car never gets that dirty, and if I ever would use it, it would just make the window more dirty than clean. Anyone have pictures of this mod? I'd like to see how it looks.

RobT5580
03-22-2004, 04:25 PM
I think Juan Oldschoolswap has it on his car.

Vinny
03-22-2004, 04:27 PM
look at a few of the cars with cf hoods. they didn't come with the cutouts for the squirters.

MIK3
03-23-2004, 08:43 PM
Yeah, I know that the carbon fiber hoods don't have the cut outs. But I don't think I'll be strapping on a CF hood any time on my car, haha. Not if I am going stock and all (for the most part). I might have to talk to OldSchoolSwap to see how he did that because I'm highly considering this mod. Anyone else have it in mind?

Cheeseburger
03-23-2004, 09:06 PM
my squirters dont even work

Edit= if i wernt selling my car i would do it

mykwikcoupe
03-28-2004, 09:35 PM
why make them obsolete. couldnt you use 2genteg wiper arms with the sqirter on them instead of your accord arms?

Justin86
03-28-2004, 10:09 PM
I need to do it. I pulled them off and all the hoses i just need to pull the hood and do the work, i'm just lazy.

cyclone21
03-29-2004, 12:47 AM
I'm interested in doing this mod as well..

I think the DA6 swap would be the best bet.

HostileJava
03-29-2004, 08:13 AM
why make them obsolete. couldnt you use 2genteg wiper arms with the sqirter on them instead of your accord arms?

I think this is an awsome idea, Either mount some squirters in the gap between the hood and the windsheild or figure out how to do the teg squirteres. As far as shaving them, when you take them off the hood is flush except for the hole, there is no lip or indendation where they were, so I would imagine you could either weld a small peice of metal there or fiberglass it up from the underside of the hood.

Vinny
03-29-2004, 08:21 AM
Welding it would be the best bet. If not a teg wiper setup a ferw of us have talked about the GM setup with the tubing ran up into the arms. Same thing just an endless number of cars to swipe parts from

Justin86
03-29-2004, 11:51 AM
If you were to weld a small peice of metal to the bottom it would be easier to weld up. That way you would have less weld to grind down and it would be much faster to weld.

mykwikcoupe
03-29-2004, 08:32 PM
they just so happen to line up with the hood supports underneith. Im not a welder but I know how it works and youd better have a good hand or? Just a thought

So the CF hoods dont have squirters? Even the ebay guy? Thats cool