PDA

View Full Version : Which color would look better?

BKKloppenborg
03-22-2004, 03:50 PM
I have a 89 honda accord lx and right now its bright gold which i hate, :barf: and its chipping off anyways. What color should i repaint my car?

RobT5580
03-22-2004, 04:23 PM
Iv had many of these debates for my car and im at a point where i was going to have the engine bay painted before i install the B20A but i cant seem to make up my mind. So i may just pull the whole motor out for next winter and just do it the right way and have it all done at once. My problem is i like Championship White, Si Electron Blue, Seattle Silver metalic so its hard to make the decision since i laid out my color scheme on the engine to be blue and white so im stuck with those two colors. And my other problem was making my car look different than whats out there. But make sure you think about the whole picture like interior, engine parts etc because its all got to match especially since your car is gold.

89accord_lxi_coupe
03-23-2004, 08:04 AM
a nice silver with a good purple flake underneath would be nice. you could put an orange flake underneath the silver, it could look good. will you be doing your interior as well, and will you get your engine done too? the silver paint with the engine being a nice light blue would look good i think. that's just me though. i've always been partial to a good silver paint job.

RobT5580
03-23-2004, 09:15 AM
I plan to do the car inside out and on my other coupe i started to redo about 70% of the interior Black and white and i liked it. The rear panels i painted the plastic panel black and the insert was white vinyl. I was going to get the catzkin Black leather with white centers kinda like TK's car. So im still looking withing the Blue or the White paint since iv already got the new black interior floor carpet and the engine parts are all white/blue accents. I guess my biggest issue is i like real light colors so the Blue was a stretch but i will see when the time comes since all my focus right now is getting the Turbo B20A finished and running this summer.

BKKloppenborg
03-23-2004, 09:21 AM
I plan to do the car inside out and on my other coupe i started to redo about 70% of the interior Black and white and i liked it. The rear panels i painted the plastic panel black and the insert was white vinyl. I was going to get the catzkin Black leather with white centers kinda like TK's car. So im still looking withing the Blue or the White paint since iv already got the new black interior floor carpet and the engine parts are all white/blue accents. I guess my biggest issue is i like real light colors so the Blue was a stretch but i will see when the time comes since all my focus right now is getting the Turbo B20A finished and running this summer.

I am not sure if i am gonna do the interior yet. Right now its kinda gold which isn't bad but i would like black seats Leather the most. :) I dont know yet i hate ripping cars apart a lot more then i have to.

cdscowboy
03-23-2004, 01:08 PM
I said red just cause they're pretty uncommon. I remember seeing a coupe on here that was just sick as all hell. I think a lot of people referred to it as the "Mugen Accord" I think a red would make it original, but not as flashy as yellow or something like that.

Mike's89AccordLX
03-23-2004, 01:48 PM
Well what can you afford to paint it? I personally would put all those performance parts on that you've been talking about before you paint it. But that's just my opinion. That's pretty much the route I went and continuing to follow.

BITESIZE
03-23-2004, 01:54 PM
White with a nice orange pearl, with white rims.

HostileJava
03-23-2004, 02:02 PM
I like white on our cars.

BKKloppenborg
03-23-2004, 02:02 PM
Well what can you afford to paint it? I personally would put all those performance parts on that you've been talking about before you paint it. But that's just my opinion. That's pretty much the route I went and continuing to follow.

I am probaly gonna paint first because it will be the chepest and easiest. Then after that rims, then all the proformance parts since that will be the hardest for me. I got a repair mannual today off of ebay, so i am looking at it now and all i have to say is damn this is gonna take a few months.

RobT5580
03-23-2004, 04:52 PM
I think paint is important and i would say to do it before any bolt on mods. Over the years iv come to the conclusion that IMO basic bolt ons are really useless unless you raise your compression and do some head work or do forced induction. This is just my opinion from having 3 accords semi modified with misc bolt ons and driving some heavily modified NA cars as well. I look at how much i spent on useless stuff in the past which really didnt do much other than looks and i came back to square one and im trying to make the best of this car with my boosted B20A and im trying to do a full interior conversion and full exterior paint. So if i could go back paint would be at the top of my list especially if you have stock paint in poor shape. So good luck with your car and i hope you get a nice paint job out of it when you do it.

speedpenguin
03-23-2004, 05:14 PM
what about hot pink?
how many hot pink cars do you see every day?
lol

BKKloppenborg
03-23-2004, 06:31 PM
what about hot pink?
how many hot pink cars do you see every day?
lol

LOL i think not. I would rather to have almost any other color besides pink or purple.

HostileJava
03-23-2004, 08:05 PM
Any other color huh? How about a nice rust color?

Cheeseburger
03-23-2004, 08:17 PM
i would go with black

BKKloppenborg
03-23-2004, 08:19 PM
i would go with black

The colors i was thinking the most Midnight blue, black, white, red or silver.

Out of all those the most likely will probaly be Midnight blue or black.

Cheeseburger
03-23-2004, 08:26 PM
midnight blue would look good also. are you planing to do anything with the inside like change your color of the dash seats carpet? whats the color of your interior?

BKKloppenborg
03-23-2004, 10:02 PM
midnight blue would look good also. are you planing to do anything with the inside like change your color of the dash seats carpet?
whats the color of your interior?

The inside of the car is gold, but i hope that i don't have to change it. Hopefully i can match the colors from the outside and inside together.