PDA

View Full Version : Fixed headlights to try or not to try?

Mike's89AccordLX
03-22-2004, 04:28 PM
Well here's the story... my passenger side headlight bracket where it attaches to the headlight motor is broken. I was partially drunk last night and still kinda depressed b/c an old friend of mine and my g/f's shot himself on Saturday.

I figured since I'm getting fairly good with moulding plexi-glass I could just take off all the covers and have the headlight popped up and then I could mould a sheet of plexi-glass over it so it keeps the lines of the body. Then I would paint the parts of the plexi-glass that I don't want people to see (like the back of the headlight)

This cover I would make would have to be removable so if I needed to change a bulb or adjust the lights I could do so. I really haven't put too much more thought into the idea other than that. So if you have any ideas or suggestions please let me know.

At the junkyard they want to charge me $30 just for the headlight assembly without the motor or light and light holders. I told them where to put their lights.

Note: I do plan to use the stock size lights for this. It would be easier if I found some nice driving lights for high and low beam to have 2 round lights that are small rather than a huge light. But I don't really want to spend that much to do this so I want to use the lights that I have already.

-Mike

wprocomp
03-22-2004, 06:43 PM
are you talking about the ball joint that attachs the motor to the headlight bracket? mine did the same thing...theres a small palstic clip that holds that together,I would reccomend getting it new cause junkyard ones tend to be in poor shape...I dont really understand the whole plexiglass idea,but post up schematics of what you are thinking,sorry to hear about your friend...I hope things go better for you soon....
mike drinking wont help things man.

Busted_Blue
03-22-2004, 07:10 PM
convert that mood into energy and use it! So is this like a 5th gen prelude style?

RobT5580
03-22-2004, 07:23 PM
If you were to do it that way i would say look for a pair of 97+ Prelude headlamps because they fit the contours very well but it would require probably more work than your original plan.

Mike's89AccordLX
03-26-2004, 10:49 AM
Yeah it would be kinda like the 5th Gen prelude headlights. I haven't seen any of those lights for sale so I don't know what I'm going to do. I haven't decided on my plan yet.

HostileJava
03-26-2004, 10:54 AM
http://www.tuneshops.com/order-1-1-1-1-5443.cfm

Mike's89AccordLX
03-26-2004, 11:00 AM
Damn $320 man I could get a NX system with that money. But I could probably just put those where the eyelids are and that might look nice.

NXRacer
03-26-2004, 11:08 AM
Damn $320 man I could get a NX system with that money. But I could probably just put those where the eyelids are and that might look nice.
only another $160 and you're there! :D

Or if you're really motivated. you could get these. . . . . :D
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2466530223