PDA

View Full Version : What to do with tape holder? Cupholder!?

Jonessoda27
03-22-2004, 08:31 PM
Hello all. I know this is a reoccuring question for many members here, what to do with the outdated tape holder no one uses. LOL It is the only thing that annoys me really, so i'd like to ask for any ideas on what to do with the area? And if i were to go to my local junk yard, how hard do you think it'd be to find a 89 Accord Se-i with a cupholder? And if i do by chance find it, is there any need for modification to the gap, after i take out the tape holder? Bare with me veterans because im new to everything right now. I got my 89 LXi last tuesday!

Thanks for reading!

zero.counter
03-22-2004, 08:40 PM
You can use it to house guages or an equalizer or even use a small DVD player in its place...Or just get rid of it all together.

neoblue89lxi
03-23-2004, 05:23 AM
The cupholder will fit right in there with no modifications. I have found 3 seis in the past year but we have good junkyards.

SrvZro
03-23-2004, 07:00 AM
there are two big ones by my work. they don't have any se-i's. i'm going to have to drive further out to try find one. most of the ones in my bone yards are 87 &below. so its really depends on your area. might get 3 or none. Just gotta widen your search if you don't find it.

RobT5580
03-23-2004, 09:19 AM
I covered the hole with carbon fiber and cut my autometer gauges into it. Im probably going to keep it this way but possibly add another gauge if need. But i miss the space as i could put CD's or what not in there. But i do have an armrest so i got the space back but its not the same. But in your case i would consider finding the Sei cupholder because you will gain the cup holders and some storage space under them for small things.

johndej
03-23-2004, 07:56 PM
yeah, i just keep it the way it is and toss junk i don't want flying around in it. i've got like a billion napkins in it now cause i went by wendys onthe way home......... mmmm...... nuggets...........

lightbulblxi
03-23-2004, 08:47 PM
look at my site to see the gauge i put in it, it also provides foot leverage when u get lucky, hehe.

SharkyX
04-03-2004, 09:14 PM
i use mine for my newports and lighter lol

Busted_Blue
04-05-2004, 07:14 PM
Just found a cupholder at the local junkyard. I dunno if I actually want it. I'll probably clean it up and try it out. I like the storage space that the Tape Console gives me. I might sell it but only local pickup. :)

blown89lxi
04-07-2004, 09:02 AM
The cupholder will fit right in there with no modifications. I have found 3 seis in the past year but we have good junkyards.

im gonna be in jville soon. which junk yards did you find were the best? I usually just go to the one on Normandy.