PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Problems

jigga89SEi
03-23-2004, 11:17 AM
My clutch was slippin really bad... So I took it and got it replaced.... Unfortunately I didn't have anywhere to do it myself so I took it somewhere.... After debating where to take it, I finally decided on Trasmission master.... (which I have no past exp. with nor does anyone I know).... The decision was made in haste for reasons remaining unspoken... Anywayz... I still got raped by the price tag... And I'm not at all satisfied with the outcome...
1. I do not like the pressure plate they used it's extremely to spongy for me.
2. It does not catch at all.... When driving normal or extremely slow.. it catches fine... But when I really accelerate... It misses and burns.... BAD!!...

I went back to the place and complained about it missing... The guy got in it... drove it forward a few feet backed up, did it again, got out and said that it is "A self adjusting clutch" and that it "adjusts with the throttle postion"... I've never heard of this.... He told me to drive it for a couple more days and bring it back if it didn't improve...

Should I go back now?

Should I drive it for a while?

Has anyone heard of a self-adjusting clutch?

jigga89SEi
03-23-2004, 11:24 AM
I asked the guy for the part number or brand of the clutch.... He didn't have anything for me

I'm really upset about the situation... He keeps wanting me to wait... I have a feeling that something is really going to happen to my car and he wants to be the one to charge me for it....

When I picked it up... He told me if I needed the freeplay adjusted just to bring it in... If I adjusted it myself it would void the warranty...
He then procceeded to tell me I needed to bring it by in 2 weeks so he could "check up on it"....

I'm extremely upset... and worried... and I have no clue what to do.... Please help... all opinions are helpful....

Vinny
03-23-2004, 11:29 AM
Welcome to the world of cheap ass aftermarket clutches. The clutch I picked up at advance auto doesn't have near the grab that the OEM honda one has. I could chirp off second gear all day long before I switched clutches. As soon as I get my back healed I plan on putting my rebuilt tranny back in and taking that aftermarket advance auto clutch back to them for a refund. Both my cars have non OEM clutches. Neither of them have a REALLY firm feel in the pedal and they both just slip like mad when you release the clutch quickly between gears