PDA

View Full Version : Which of these is better? ?CLUTCH? ?

86LXItooFAST4me
03-23-2004, 12:39 PM
which one do you all think would be better to get out of these two. would a solid clutch tear shit up of would it be ok with new mounts all the way around. im still unclear about this. Noffice got me thinking that the stage IV might mess things up. anyone used a solid clutch in a 3G yet? my buddy has one in his RX7 and i love the way that thing goes in gear. any info?

http://www.clutchcityonline.com/pictures/spec/stage3.gif
http://www.clutchcityonline.com/pictures/spec/stage4.gif

here is the web site:

http://www.clutchcityonline.com/spec.htm

k-roy
03-23-2004, 12:44 PM
I like the centerforce dual friction. I have not driven a 3g with one, it was something else.
It gave a damn good amount of grip and is a reasonable price. I don't know how well it would hold up to boost but for anything naturally aisperated it should do fine.

86LXItooFAST4me
03-23-2004, 12:50 PM
well i plan on having boost in about 3 months. and i heard to many bad things about centerforce so i wanna stay with spec. but do you think the stage 4 will be to much?

shepherd79
03-23-2004, 04:07 PM
it all depends on how much boost you will run. this may be not enought for the boost you will be running.

smufguy
03-23-2004, 05:03 PM
most of the clutches like trannies have the rating in torque rather than in hp, so check that. See how much torque you would be getting at the crank based on what psi ur wanna run (The max psi) and get the clutch. for a fact i know ACT clutches have pretty darn good reviews.

The organic clutches are expensive but they are the best IMO. If i was you, i would stay away from 4 puck clutches or to say 4 finger clutches due to their non-drivability in city. Its a pain in the ass to drive those clutches in a city, they are just not great. :dunno:

skull1441
03-23-2004, 06:05 PM
ok, keep this in mind, the more grip a clutch have (higher stage), the faster the clutch will wear out in the future

Justin86
03-24-2004, 10:38 AM
I have a ACT and I'm loving it. It's rated at 200 lbs/tq and I'm about to add a 75 shot and it should hold up no problem. The best ACT is rated at 260 lbs/tq and that should work good for running around 10PSI, but then SEAN said he had problems with it slipping at 12PSI.

shepherd79
03-24-2004, 11:34 AM
i think Sean had stage 4 clutch and it was slipping. he was working on custom clutch, i don't know if he ever got it done.

86LXItooFAST4me
03-24-2004, 12:41 PM
i think Sean had stage 4 clutch and it was slipping. he was working on custom clutch, i don't know if he ever got it done.

he said that he has a clutch to test from spec comming in the mail. Its not a current clutch that in the catalog but its a specialty piece and if it works out really well then he will be stocking them. thats what he told me anyway. :cheers:

Justin86
03-24-2004, 05:06 PM
sounds pretty cool and hopefull it is cheaper then his $1000 clutch, flywheel set up.

Kevin
03-25-2004, 09:08 AM
Ok, I would not use a Centerforce. I here alot of problems with use on hondas. Act would be the best way to go. Unless you are running a stock moter with alot of boost you should stay with a 6 puck that is sprung. If it does not have a sprung disk than it will fuck up axles and tear mounts like nothing. They will also not stand up to everyday driving due to overheating

mugenprelude86
03-25-2004, 07:29 PM
Ok, I would not use a Centerforce. I here alot of problems with use on hondas. Act would be the best way to go. Unless you are running a stock moter with alot of boost you should stay with a 6 puck that is sprung. If it does not have a sprung disk than it will fuck up axles and tear mounts like nothing. They will also not stand up to everyday driving due to overheating

Do you hear bad things or do you actually run one for yourself? Exactly what i thought...

The centerforce when broken in properly for 1500 km with nothing over 3000 rpm will be the BEST clutch for the money.. i love mine, and see no reason to buy anything much better...

AccordEpicenter
03-26-2004, 12:01 AM
i have the stage 5 but i havent installed it yet... If youre running boost a centerforce is worthless and an act is good but wont stand up to medium or high boost

86LXItooFAST4me
03-26-2004, 08:35 AM
The centerforce when broken in properly for 1500 km with nothing over 3000 rpm will be the BEST clutch for the money.. i love mine, and see no reason to buy anything much better...

what kind of car do you have and how many mods do you have?

eightyfivelude
03-26-2004, 10:27 AM
well im' running a 2.0, cammed, dual webers, MSD, lots of head work. I have a centerforce dual friction and I haven't got it to slip once yet. You just gotta break them in properly on a MACHINED flywheel. Most people just throw a new clutch in without resurfacing the flywheel. That is where most problems occur

Matt

Johnny O
03-26-2004, 06:20 PM
The 4 puck has a more harness engagement than a 6 puck.The 6 puck is alittle more forgiven on a street car.I have no problem with a ACT clutch.

88turboaccord
03-26-2004, 06:39 PM
If you are going to drive the car everyday do not get an un-sprung hub. This is a very harsh engagment and will tear apart your trans and motor mounts after a while...

I don't like centerforce.. My stock clutch performed better than the centerforce ever did....