PDA

View Full Version : Ignition timing

Sabz5150
07-11-2002, 06:02 PM
What's the best ignition timing setting for overall performance? The VECI specifies 15 degrees BTDC... should I keep it there or advance/retard it?

-5150 :bandit:

jteuton
07-12-2002, 06:19 AM
If you have done alot of stuff to your car then the best bet is to do it by ear cause you will never get it right with a timing gun. Listen to the point where you get the highest idle and then back it off a few degrees and you should be dead on. What i have found with my car with a regrinded cam is that the timing is all the way advanced and it still needs more and i don't know what to do about it....

1988starter
07-12-2002, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by jteuton
If you have done alot of stuff to your car then the best bet is to do it by ear cause you will never get it right with a timing gun. Listen to the point where you get the highest idle and then back it off a few degrees and you should be dead on. What i have found with my car with a regrinded cam is that the timing is all the way advanced and it still needs more and i don't know what to do about it....

Trygetting an ajustiable cam gear.

jteuton
07-12-2002, 09:10 AM
please tell me where they sell one?

monsonhonda
07-12-2002, 03:14 PM
im pretty sure turbo man guy.. justins his name makes em, i foreget how much, good quality from what people say. and dude, it will solve your cam problems.