PDA

View Full Version : I have a question.

BKKloppenborg
03-23-2004, 10:25 PM
dam everyone probaly know how to do this but i am trying to learn and reserch as fast as i can. I am reading a reapair mannual now. First question how do you convert a A20 engine to a fuel injection one? What parts will i need and web sites or pictures would be great. Second how do i install a turbo and all its parts? I didn't find this two things in the mannual. ): Yes i found this post on turbos but i am a beginer so :wtf: is all this stuff and were do i put it? http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=91. i feel so dumb, you all probaly have already done this.

P.S. yes i tried the search button and found that 1 article on turbo and none on converting a engine.

Blue Impact
03-23-2004, 10:38 PM
Well, being that you're from CA, you might wanna find someone to do your smog first before you look into doing that stuff to your car.

BKKloppenborg
03-23-2004, 10:49 PM
Well, being that you're from CA, you might wanna find someone to do your smog first before you look into doing that stuff to your car.

O ya right damn i forgot about that. Who is from ca who has mods on their car and passes the smog test and if so which ones? stupid Ca smog test rules.

k-roy
03-23-2004, 10:55 PM
How-To convert from carb to EFI (http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=112)
Its amazing what a search can do

You are not going to find howto install a turbo in a Honda manual, not a chance in hell of that.
I have done a lot of studying into turbo systems and can rant on for a while, but i am not going to here.
You should either send a PM to Sean, or better yet go to his site at www.accordcentral.com.
He is the turbo guy.

What you need to do is take the initiative to educate yourself about all the components under your hood. Purchasing a manual was a good move. Next I reccomend you dive in there and start cleaning parts. The more time you spend on your engine the more you will learn. Then when you are comfortable with working on the car you can start compare differant aftermarket performance parts and weigh the pros and cons. Since you admit to not knowing much about cars you might be better off taking your car to a mechanic for the work. Because if your timing is off or your fuel mix goes too lean bad things happen, and they happen very quickly. And don't go to the corner lot with some Joe Schmo greese monkey, you need to find a pro to install a turbo correctly.

Busted_Blue
03-24-2004, 08:29 PM
'
Most likely you can pass smog with intake and exhaust (possibly) if your car's cats are clean. Definitely if you want to mod, you either need someone on the inside of the smog test or you will be taking apart your car every 2years to smog all the time. Get a "mimic" stock accord to smog FOR your car and get to know someone who does smog to do that for you. Only way i think of in order to "pass" smog with a turbo =X

One of the main reasons i have not starting engine modding is due to the fact smog in califonia is a bitch.

BKKloppenborg
03-24-2004, 09:03 PM
'
One of the main reasons i have not starting engine modding is due to the fact smog in califonia is a bitch.

Yes it is, thanks for you guys reminding me about that. Damit maybye i will keep the honda just for a while then sell it to get a Nissan Maxima but i really like the car. I might just get a new B16 engine for it then it will have more power. 98 HP is not enough for me. :rice:

shepherd79
03-25-2004, 04:15 AM
remember, B16 swap is not cheap. a friend of mine is doing it in his 3G right now. he spend a ton of money already. plus in your case, you will have to figure out how you will convert the carb system to EFI system.

BKKloppenborg
03-25-2004, 05:43 PM
remember, B16 swap is not cheap. a friend of mine is doing it in his 3G right now. he spend a ton of money already. plus in your case, you will have to figure out how you will convert the carb system to EFI system.

Ya i know, i think i just gonna keep the A20 engine