PDA

View Full Version : Simple Questions

89LxiAg
03-24-2004, 12:01 AM
Everyone,

I was thinking of lowering my 89 LX-i and was wanting to get a good set of springs and struts for the front and rear. I would like to keep the ride as comfortable as possible, yet still give the car a more aggressive look (2 inch drop is what I hear looks best). Also, I use this car as my daily driver so the struts and springs can't be too rough nor too loose. Additionally, I would like to keep the stock 14 inch hubs and 195/60 tires on the car - just make it a bit lower all around. I'm sure someone has some info for me, and if you could pass it along with personal recommendations that would be great.

Also, I would really like to see some before/after profile pics of your ride when you installed whichever set of springs and struts you recommend just to see what the car looks like before I drop some cash. I am not opposed to spending a decent amount of money to get a quality setup either, so even if the price is a bit steep just let me know. Thanks!

P.S. I just installed a new Magnaflow muffler and it sits a little low, will there be enough clearance after a 2 inch drop so I don't spark it going over speed bumps? Thanks again!

87AccordsterLx
03-24-2004, 07:31 AM
All of your questions have been answered many times over the several years 3geez has been in exsistence. Check out the sticky threads that Jim has posted on the top of this section and use the search feature. The accord pics section has many threads regarding lowered cars and the springs/struts that have been used. Check out the sticky thread regarding spring stiffness and find the set that is best for you. Then search the name for the threads regarding your inquiries. Hope this helps. :)

AZmike
03-24-2004, 10:53 AM
Here's a decent thread with some photos of lowered cars:
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=30087

If you want to lower the car 2 inches and money isn't a huge issue progress springs and revalved bilsteins should work well together. Anything that will lower your car 2 inches will tend to ride much stiffer than stock though. A ~1.5" drop with H&Rs or similar might give you more of the ride that you're looking for.