PDA

View Full Version : NO 3rd Gens allowed in China!

87AccordsterLx
03-24-2004, 07:50 AM
During the one and a half months that I have been in China I have learned a good bit about Chinese law. The one thing that saddens me the most is that it is illegal to drive a car that is over 15 years old if it has been imported. What does that tell us...? There are NO living 3Geez in China! I just so happen to be staying in one of the cleanest cities in this region but pollution is definitely a problem in China. For that reason, they do not allow older vehicles to roam the streets without being confiscated. :mad: The only positive outcome that I can see from this is that they may have some 3geez stashed around waiting for people to offer up some $$$ for parts. The catch is trying to bring these parts back to the U.S.A. I am sure that they would pratically give away major parts such as engines if people would be willing to ship them back to the states. :cool2:

Oyvind Ryeng
03-24-2004, 07:59 AM
Oh man, that sucks.

od2681
03-24-2004, 08:10 AM
hmmm...engines....

Blue Impact
03-24-2004, 08:11 AM
No cars over 15 years old? Does that apply to bikes too? :D

DanLXI88
03-24-2004, 09:33 AM
Well with all the people they have if they were allowed to keep older cars then they would be more affordable right? I have always imagined China as an anthill with so many people. Are only the rich allowed to drive in China?

Bloodlust
03-24-2004, 09:43 AM
The Chinese can eat cats and dogs but can't drive a car over 15 years old? :confused:

Cheeseburger
03-24-2004, 11:15 AM
hey whats up 87AccordsterLx,
ya i have heard about that they dont allow people have old cars. theres a couple of places here in L.A. that sell car engines and other parts that come from china. i also heard that people dont have to change car when it gets old all they have to do is get a new engine. i dont know if this is true i just heard about this. Have you found any parts for the 3g?

NXRacer
03-24-2004, 11:21 AM
If you were in Japan you'd find out the same exact thing. The japanese pay HUGE taxes for driving older cars. Thats why we get all their parts.

XxDark_AccordxX
03-24-2004, 12:24 PM
wow i never knew that. That really sucks. I wont be moving there anytime soon :werd:

k-roy
03-24-2004, 12:52 PM
You might just be sitting on the worlds stash of B20A's with 5 speeds.
If you can find some I have a hookup that might be willing to import them.

i.c.
03-24-2004, 01:44 PM
b20a's are the ones that swap direct right? sucks bout china though

86LXi|JustONE
03-24-2004, 03:19 PM
sucks.......

wprocomp
03-24-2004, 08:20 PM
hey do they have honda parts dealerships there?

87AccordsterLx
03-24-2004, 09:25 PM
Well the Chinese don't eat cats and dogs, the Koreans do. I haven't seen any salvage yards but we suspect that there are some. I have not heard about swapping engines and being able to keep the shell. It could be possible though... I have not seen a single car that looks really old here. I do not know if the rule applies to motor bikes or not. I do know that next to all of the cars here that are well known, have been built in Japan specifically for China. In Japan they drive on the "wrong" :kekeke: side of the road where as is China it is the same as the U.S. with the exception of Hong Kong I believe.

All of the cars here are fairly slow and no one seems to speed. I rarely see speed limit signs posted but people do not speed as to avoid accidents. It's my personal opinion that Chinese drivers are much better drivers then Americans.

Police here drive really slow cars. Most of them drive Jetta CiX model VW's and VW is HUGE here in China. 80% of the cars are Jetta's only different looking than in the states. Most of the Jettas are CiX, I do not know the specs on this model but I am attributing it as similar to the base model Jetta in the states. NONE of the Jettas are turbo. Fuel economy is the biggest thing on peoples minds here. No one races or tries to use up gas. Most of the taxi drivers or even people in general shift every gear at 2000 rpms. That is one thing that really bothers me!! I just want to scream at them PUNCH IT MAN! PUNCH IT! It's so anoying to se someone drive so freakin slow and never rev high on any gear.

If you guys have any questions just let me know. I am still working on getting the pictures I have taken up for you all to see them. :)

Justin86
03-24-2004, 09:28 PM
Thats what happens when you live in a country with WAY to many damn idiots and is over populated.

87AccordsterLx
03-24-2004, 09:34 PM
Thats what happens when you live in a country with WAY to many damn idiots and is over populated.

:confused: What do you mean by that?

Silver86LX
03-24-2004, 10:40 PM

Man, how ignorant are you? They do things a bit different and all of a sudden they're all idiots?

Defiant[YD]
03-25-2004, 12:17 PM
k guys, i come from asia so i kinda understand why they drive slow. over here, we complain when gas rises to $0.769/liter. where i come from, we pay over or close to $1.50/liter. so yes, gas is expensive over there, so much that my dad used to keep records of every trip in a small pocketbook. when we came here, we were amazed that gas was cheap (was like, $0.45/liter when we got here). but still, both my dad and i still shift at 2k also (unless i'm pissed off at some dumbass driver beside me). just habit and u know, saving money is always a big bonus.
and are u implying that us chinese drivers are all idiots???? this is the kind of talk that gets u into trouble usually man. china might not be as well off as ppl in the united states but have u seen how smart most of the ppl there are?

A20A1
03-25-2004, 03:28 PM
Enlighten me... why are you in china again?
I wouldn't mind going there... seeing the great wall and that forbidden city and all.

k-roy
03-25-2004, 03:54 PM
The same can be said about the USA. :rolleyes:

Hey since you are in China I want for you to try something.
Goto google and search for "civil disobedience". Let me know what happens :kekeke:

NXRacer
03-25-2004, 04:00 PM
Enlighten me... why are you in china again?
I wouldn't mind going there... seeing the great wall and that forbidden city and all.
:rolleyes: http://3geez.com/showthread.php?t=28677

Busted_Blue
03-25-2004, 05:37 PM
Well, if you every find a salvage yard, definitely get the parts. The whole JDM scene is normal to them due to the fact asian markets have similar specifications vs the US. Friend was stationed at Osaka, Japan when he was in the marines, the first thing he did was go to a salvage and get one piece headlight for his 2nd gen integ. These things cost $160 a pair here in the USA. He got it for $40 at the salvage yard.

Hope some finds would be great! Good luck on your journey and keep the forum updated 87AccordsterLx!

87AccordsterLx
03-25-2004, 05:46 PM
That thread basically sums up my initial intentions. Things have slightly changed since I have been here. I have found out that it is much more difficult to travel on your own if you do not speak the language. I was planning on staying here for quite some time but I feel as if I need to further my education soon before I fall out of the loop. I will be going to Beijing soon to see more of the city and then it is off to Australia. I was hoping to do some more traveling in this area but the language barrier is making things much more difficult then I had expected. Overall I have learned more then I ever could have expected just by being here for almost 2 months.

I will be seeing the Great Wall and the Forbidden City when I go to Beijing. Pictures will hopefull get up soon after... Im still having some problems with my Digi cam taking pictures with 600k-1mb file sizes.

87AccordsterLx
03-25-2004, 08:52 PM
Thanks Busted, I'll definitely keep you guys informed on the parts scene here...

I will be starting a thread in the OT section that will have a few pictures that I loaded to my server thus far.

A20A1
03-26-2004, 12:50 PM
NXracer, I can't view that thread for some reason... it says I'm not allowed?

Mike's89AccordLX
03-26-2004, 01:00 PM
Yeah I'm getting the same thing Mike. Is there some kind of conspriracy going on here? Hmmm is there?

87accordlxi
03-26-2004, 01:39 PM
The link he provided was to simply 3geez.com, rather than www.3geez.com. The cookies for each way of typing it do not recognize each other, so if you have never typed in 3geez.com without the "www" you will not have the "3geez.com" cookie and will be surfing the board as a guest. The link refers to a thread in OT, which cannot be viewed by guests, and thus the permission screen comes up.

Mike's89AccordLX
03-26-2004, 01:46 PM
Whoa I just learned 2 things just now.

1. Who the new director is.
2. the cookie thing.

NXRacer
03-26-2004, 01:47 PM
and you even read the new moderators thread. . . . . . :rolleyes:

A20A1
03-26-2004, 02:10 PM
:lol, it worked now... I went to the link and then closed the window to resize it.
I'm such a goof.
thanks for the info on the cookies.

87AccordsterLx
03-27-2004, 07:25 AM
Thanks for clearing that up Joe. :)