PDA

View Full Version : pullies

pip
03-24-2004, 12:32 PM
are there any pullie kits that might fit our cars? i know indigo has that GT pullie, but i want a whole kit, like altenator, crank, etc...
any kits similar to ours?

shepherd79
03-24-2004, 12:39 PM
nope, it is eather you have to make them or you can take it to a shop and compare them with some other honda pulleys.

smufguy
03-24-2004, 01:42 PM
why would you want Pullies anyway? (pulley for singular by the way) our cars aint pushing that much power let alone a carb. also, i would say get them if your gonna get lightweight flywheel. underdrive pullies are for people who have lotsa goodies packed under the hood. :idea:

NXRacer
03-24-2004, 01:52 PM
pullies help the accessories spin faster and work 'better'.

eightyfivelude
03-24-2004, 03:32 PM
ummm... no they don't. They make them easier to spin makin them work worse and the crank spin easier. IF you have been in a car with underdrive pullies, the alternator voltage output is low because it is spinning slower .

Matt

shepherd79
03-24-2004, 03:35 PM
it is spinning slower becasuse you got oversized pulley. if you get the same size pullies you shouldn't see any diff or you will see slight improvement.

A20A1
03-24-2004, 03:44 PM
Don't worry about pulley kit's... if you really want to minimize Accessory resistance... just remove the A/C and PS belts... and related components.

smufguy
03-24-2004, 05:09 PM
ummm... no they don't. They make them easier to spin makin them work worse and the crank spin easier. IF you have been in a car with underdrive pullies, the alternator voltage output is low because it is spinning slower .

Matt

i know the reason for the usage of underdrive pullies man. its called reducing the rotational mass or rotational moment of inertia in the technical sense. But i was asking why do YOU want it. Maybe i should have rephrased my question.

Cause you are not the first one to ask about this and if u hit the Search, you know u will be finding threads related to it. :rolleyes: