PDA

View Full Version : M3 style mirrors?

toastyghost
07-11-2002, 06:45 PM
Will generic Honda M3 style mirrors from Ricky Racer or Import Studio or any of those things fit our cars? I asked this before (like two months ago or something) and didn't get enough replies to be conclusive about it. But now I'm actually starting on my body work. The bastards at Import Studio won't tell me anything. What do you guys think?

RobT5580
07-11-2002, 07:56 PM
I was and still plan on doing some with the built in lights but from looking at other cars i think it will still require some modification. So far i looked at a Civic and an Integra but they are a but off. I think even the 4th gen accords will require work but if anyone else has proof lets find out....

toastyghost
07-12-2002, 06:21 PM
Is it the size of the opening for the glass that's off, or just the mounting part? The mounting part is easier to work around but it will be hard as shit to adapt completely different mirrors because I want to keep my power mirror control functional.

MoonScryer
07-13-2002, 05:04 AM
You will have to adapt the base to fit the slant angle of the window meeting the door. The only real way to to this is get your M3 mirrors, your Accord power mirrors, and cut the base off both, and switch them. If you do it right, like only cut the Accord base off, and greft it to the M3, your fiberglassing repair should be minimal. You will have to do some custom work to make it fit correctly no matter what you do.

87Hybrid
07-13-2002, 07:40 AM
When I mounted teh 90 celica mirrors to my Civic I took a piece of 1/8" aluminum and cut it to fit in the mount but noot be seen from the outside, and drilled holes in it so zi could bolt it to the mirror them I used a self drilling/tapping screw and a power screwdriver and mounted it to the door.