PDA

View Full Version : Need your help please

atom1414
03-24-2004, 07:09 PM
I just put in my new accel coil last night. the thing is great. Big difference but Ive got a few problems with it now. Im pretty sure the engine is either back firing or its mis firing. if I were to change the spark plugs and wires would this help it. and another thing is, is that I dont really want to buy expensive performance plugs and wires, just stock. will that work. get back to me soon
thanx

smufguy
03-24-2004, 09:01 PM
I just put in my new accel coil last night. the thing is great. Big difference but Ive got a few problems with it now. Im pretty sure the engine is either back firing or its mis firing. if I were to change the spark plugs and wires would this help it. and another thing is, is that I dont really want to buy expensive performance plugs and wires, just stock. will that work. get back to me soon
thanx

our car wont back fire because u cant really go wrong with the ignition advnace with our TWO prong dist cause it only goes in one way so ur always on the right timing. U can be only advanced or retarded ignition wise, but it aint gonna make u backfire.

Do u think u hooked up the wires right? The dist has cylinder numbers on it and the cyl 1 thru 4 go from your crank side to the tranny side, as in CYl 1 is near the crank and Cyl 4 is near the dist or tranny. im sure u know this.

also, did you hook up the coil right? Did u check the FAQs before you started this?

atom1414
03-25-2004, 06:23 AM
we hooked everything up right.the car was working just fine before we did that. Im just wondering if my spark plugs or wires cant take it

smufguy
03-25-2004, 07:32 AM
well bosh platinums are $1.99 from autozone and also u can get 8mm or NGK wires for 39 bux and they are good. Yeah, your wires can take with this set up. how many volts is ur accel 30,000 Volts?

atom1414
03-25-2004, 07:39 AM
no quite sure. Its a super stock coil if that matters.