PDA

View Full Version : Alternator!!!!!!!!!

soljaboy2000
03-24-2004, 09:33 PM
Alright I dont have the patient to search threads about this, But anyways my battery light was flickering on my way home and the engine start idling real high. when I got home and shut the car off it was dieseling like theres no tomorrow. When it finally shut it wouldnt turn on. So the obviuosly the battery just died because probaly the alternator failed. Well I charged the battery with a house charger just enough so the car will start and I tested the voltage while it was high idling and got around 10-11 volts (alternator failure??). Well I wanted to know is it just wear and tear cuz I think its the stock alternator and does the car supposed high idle when the alternator fails?? And also does anyone has a spare that they FexEx 2-day to me :help: :)

sleeperheaven
03-24-2004, 09:55 PM
It could be wear and tear. But before you go thinking its the alternator i would check the connection plug at the back of the alternator. I had a bad problem about that with my 88 DX. The battery light would flicker on and off, and it would idle a lot higher than it should about 3000rpm. Just like yours it would deisel real bad. But i found out the hard way and bought a new one and ended up finding out the plug was bad.It was loose it wouldnt click in like its supposed to do. So check that first before anything.

A20A1
03-24-2004, 10:06 PM
I have a spare alt... I have lots of spare parts... just let me know.

soljaboy2000
03-29-2004, 02:31 AM
I have a spare alt... I have lots of spare parts... just let me know.
Let if me know if if that alternator will fit and how much will you want for it?

And also my batt light went off for like a day or so. So I got a new battery and the light still comes unless I rev the enige like 6000 rpm then it goes off. So does that mean its the Alternator?

A20A1
03-29-2004, 02:33 AM
Alternator or a connection is bad. I'll go look for my alt.. and hopefully see if it's still in good shape... if not I can pull the one off my car since I'm not using it.

soljaboy2000
03-29-2004, 02:41 AM
Alright let me know. I probaly can stop by tomorrow. (thats the only day I have off at my new job :dunno: ) You can also be the first the see the completion my new new mods: custom interior and my led lights project. :cool2:

A20A1
03-29-2004, 12:23 PM
K, let me know what time you are coming (post on here or send Private Message)... cause I'll be on-line most of the day finishing my project for school... and I don't have any minuets on my cell at the moment.

soljaboy2000
03-30-2004, 11:19 PM
Whats up, Mike (A20A1). Well I changed the alternator and it wasn't hard at all pulling it from the top up through the pass. side, only 10 minutes or less. And I aslo put in the Accel coil (Thanks again by the way) Well anyways I noticed the difference in starting immediately I guess from the new coil cuz it starts quicker than what it used to. Well the batt light went off and it hasn't came on since. I took the old alternator to get it tested and yep it failed the tested so it WAS the alternator. So, once again you are my life saver or should I say my Accord saver LOL. Thanks man. And oh, I finish work about 1:30 pm or so tomorrow (wednesday) but I gotta run into town right after so let me know what'll be a good time to visit.

A20A1
03-31-2004, 12:14 AM
Whenever... I'll be home all day unless I go out to get something to eat for lunch. I've got a few things I wanted to mess around with on my auto tranny and shifter.

soljaboy2000
03-31-2004, 12:20 AM
Hey you wanna see something funny Click Here (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=33716&item=2470655271&sspagename=STRK%3AMESSE%3AIT) I was bored LOL. I kinda regret setting the buy it now price so high but my reserve only $50. I know it still may be lot cuz I think these aren't that great but I took into fact that it took a lot man hours and supplies just make these horrendous things. Its like frankenstein, once I was finished making these I was like, "It's......ALIVE!!!!!!" LOL

A20A1
03-31-2004, 12:35 AM
I know some guy on here will find those and make a new topic on them... they always do.

I don't trust e-bay enough to do buinsness on there.

A20A1
03-31-2004, 03:30 PM
Hey when are you comming?