PDA

View Full Version : help with suspension and tranny

sns_vg
03-25-2004, 09:44 PM
ok im at the part where im right aboout to remove the ball joints, it looks easier to just drop down the whole right side suspension with the ball joint still in the tranny and the wheel, is that possible ? or does the ball joint go really deep into the engine and such, thanx.

Elijah
03-25-2004, 10:24 PM
what exactly are you trying to do?

sns_vg
03-25-2004, 10:29 PM
ok well the clutch tutorial is asking me to take out the cv joints from the transmission, im thinkin that instead of taking them out of the transmission, i can drop it still connected to the transmission by take down the whole suspension part of the wheel, ok fuck it im gonna take em out, its about time i learn how to do that.

one question, do i have to take out the cv join from the drivers side of the car ? because the manual on pauldesign says i do, but since i dont trust manuals after my chevy i dont know anymore.

smufguy
03-25-2004, 11:04 PM
well, i would say just pull the axle off the tranny, it just comes off once u yank it, and put a plastic bag around the spline end and hang it carefully and dont let it fall on the ground or bang on anythign hard.

If u wanna move things outta the way, i would suggest u just remove the control arm bolts, the two in the engine bay and loosen the bolt that holds the strut on the damping fork and just move the hub/axle assembly outta the way.

have you seen anyone take the clutch out and put one it? i mean in real life have u witnessed it? if u have'nt i would suggest its gonna be a lil hard.