PDA

View Full Version : gas leak near clutch pedal -- HELP!

5 speed
07-11-2002, 10:30 PM
I noticed an odour of gas
checked under floor mat on drivers side

noted a small stain of gas

What could this be

PLEASE HELP !!!

1989 LXi Coupe
5 speed
102 000 miles

shepherd79
07-11-2002, 10:59 PM
it could be that your line is busted.
look under the hood. find the fuel filter, make sure it is tight and not leaking any fuel. if it doesn't leak any fuel look inside try to locate where it is comming from.

86AccordLxi
07-11-2002, 11:10 PM
Are you sure it's not the sunroof leaking? This happened to me, that's why I ask.

Alex

5 speed
07-15-2002, 04:14 PM
Definately not sunroof!
The leak detected left a small gas stain just above the trunk release and had an odor of gas

The car now had a noxious odor and I have to get this checked as the odor will leave loosing brain cells (strong)
goes away with open window !!

cant be fuel filter as I had it serviced a year ago, and no leak seen or noted from engine bay

ANY MORE IDEAS OR THOUGHTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS A BUNCH FOR YOUR REPLIES

TeKKnoTeKK
07-15-2002, 04:49 PM
whats up man, you don't wanna drive around and get a legal high?!?!? What's wrong with you!!! :lol

marc49
07-15-2002, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by TeKKnoTeKK
whats up man, you don't wanna drive around and get a legal high?!?!? What's wrong with you!!! :lol

I think the fear of massive fireballs from a gas leak would douse any possibility of a high :eek: :D :flash: :lol

TeKKnoTeKK
07-15-2002, 05:20 PM
lol...well since you put it that way, but as long as he doesn't smoke he should be ok :smokin:

accordlx
07-16-2002, 02:55 AM
Yep, he should be ok until he stops at an intersection that someone threw a cigarette out of the window at. Then, it's all over. Since there are no gas lines that go thru the interior of the car, chances are the gas leak is like 10 times worse under the car as it is inside the car.

carotman
07-16-2002, 07:10 AM
Well, I don'T want to be the "know it all guy" but the lines DO pass inside the passenger compartment.

They also happen to pass just to the left of the clutch pedal, Lift the carbet and check the hose.

I bet you a beer that you got a leak there.

It can be easily repaired with a rubber hose if you have a carbed car.

If it's EFI, the return line can be cut where it leaks and also replaced with a rubber hose.

If it's the feed line, you will need to replace the whole hose (not fun) or just cut the leaking part, install fittings on both ends and use flexible braided hose.

That should do the trick.

GreenMachine
07-16-2002, 04:38 PM
I second that - the lines run from the inside pass. firewall across the firewall (under the dash, under the insulation) and down along the drivers side, then out under the car by the rear seats.

accordlx89
07-16-2002, 05:02 PM
i have the same probleme on my accord coupe lx sometime
im riding and i smell gas odor i dont know what it is