PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Transmission

swiff
03-24-2004, 01:31 PM
Wassup,

I just installed a new stock catalytic converter on my 1988 accord. When I accelerate, I get this noise like something is scraping the bottom of the road and then I get this hesistation...like the car is going to come to a stop. This never happened until I put a new cat on. What could be the problem? Please help...please. The noise is coming from underneath. I had Meneike do the install. Please tell me what the fuck is going on now...My car right now is at Meineke.

holla,
:stupid:

smufguy
03-24-2004, 01:40 PM
okay, this is what happened to me when i got my cat put in with my exhaust, The mofos unplugged two of my spark plug wires for God knows why and my car ran rich with fucking hesitation. I was pissed and told them that i would sue the living shit out of them if my car was to fail emissions. Well, it could be that, check to see if the sparkplug wires or ur O2 sensors or dist or anything is out of place under the hood. Sometimes when a new cat gets put in, it does crackle under first use cause its getting used to the heat cause mine did and i know my friend's STI did that too when we first got it.

Rule of thumb, dont go to Mineke, i dont know why u went there, but midas and mineke are just worthless pos. I got quoted by both of them for around 450 and 480 for my whole exhaust, and a performance shop quoted me for 350. and yeah i got it done for that (despite some misunderstandings with two other shops).

Also, dont post these kinda things under performance man. Welcome to the board and use the appropriate sections for your threads next time :)

A20A1
03-24-2004, 02:20 PM
Did you look under the car to see if your cat was still fully bolted to the exhaust pipe? and that the heat shield wasn't hanging?

swiff
03-26-2004, 12:08 PM
I am getting a scraping and grinding noise from the transmission everytime my car reaches 40mph. What could be the problem? I never had this problem until I replaced my catalytic converter. Is this noise coming from the cat or my transmission. The mechanic told me the noise seems to be coming from the transmission and that he will check it out to find what the problem could be. I want to know what could be causing this and is it major and costly.

holla,
:help:

DanLXI88
03-26-2004, 01:03 PM
Is it a constant scraping noise? Is it slipping have you lost performance? A little more detail about the problem might help.

swiff
03-26-2004, 10:14 PM
Yeah..it happens every now and then. It happens everytime I reach 40mph. I do lose performance, because around that speed it starts grinding. The mechanic at Meineke told me that it seems to slip into overdrive. I don't know for sure myself..which is why I am taking it to a transmission shop. Any ideas... I do know that I haven't flush the transmission or change the transmission filter since I got the car last year. Do you think that could be the problem?

holla