PDA

View Full Version : Amp problems!

86ACRDLX
03-26-2004, 12:25 PM
ok, i finally got my amp to work, i hooked it up right befor but the built in subwoofer switch was on, i turned it off and it worked......why dont i hear anything when i turn on the sub switch????

Vinny
03-26-2004, 12:36 PM
because it acts as a built in crossover and only allows frequecies below a certain point to be sent to the speakers. If you are trying to send very low frequecies to full range/2/or 3 way all you will hear are the lowest tones that speaker can handle, all of which are well below what a standard midrange or tweeter will reproduce

86ACRDLX
03-26-2004, 12:39 PM
ok, now in english......lol, ok so it only allows low frequency sounds, so i would need to play a song with bass right....because i had a casualties(punk) cd and theres not really any low tones or bass. am i right???

sccrsteve5
03-26-2004, 04:20 PM
you're running it on speakers? or subs? if u r running it on speakers then what vinny said is true...the amp is giving the speakers a frequency in which they can't reproduce. and there probly isn't much bass with a punk cd(depends on the drumming)...but if it is like hoobastank's out of control....there is a very good amount of bass. so maybe throw that song in there and see...hope that helps