PDA

View Full Version : Holes in trim...

BKKloppenborg
03-28-2004, 07:10 PM
I Have ALOT of holes in my trim, everything from the top of the car and side doors have holes in them. Is their some way i can patch these up, Or do i have to redo the whole trim? Is it hard to do so its Gold right now so if i have to redo it then i can change the color.

BKKloppenborg
03-29-2004, 09:37 AM
I Have ALOT of holes in my trim, everything from the top of the car and side doors have holes in them. Is their some way i can patch these up, Or do i have to redo the whole trim? Is it hard to do so its Gold right now so if i have to redo it then i can change the color.

Dam no one knows?

MrBen
03-29-2004, 10:32 AM
Are you talking about the gasket around the doors? I don't think anyone knows what you mean by "trim."

HostileJava
03-29-2004, 10:35 AM
Im not sure what you mean by holes.

BKKloppenborg
03-29-2004, 12:57 PM
Im not sure what you mean by holes.

i mean it has little tears in the Vinal of the car roof and other things.

hondamanlxi
03-29-2004, 01:16 PM
im gonna scratch my head and move on!

k-roy
03-29-2004, 01:26 PM
Whatever the hell that is you better replace that beofe you throw in a B18 turbo and a bodykit.

Are you talking about the headliner and door panels in the interior?

Bloodlust
03-29-2004, 01:30 PM
Yeah please clarify what you mean. When you say "trim" most people will think of the trim around your windows on the exterior of the car (usually black but with age it will become chrome underneath). Is this what u are referring to?

EDIT

Im going to gather from your previous posts that you mean this, and that the paint is chipping on your window trim and on the back window, on the left and right side it is made of a different material, almost like a plastic and it starts to fade from the sun and wind ect. Only way to fix this is to repaint it. Hope i was of some help.

BKKloppenborg
03-29-2004, 01:40 PM
Whatever the hell that is you better replace that beofe you throw in a B18 turbo and a bodykit.

Are you talking about the headliner and door panels in the interior?

Sorry about that i should of explained it better yes i am talking about the headliner and door panels of the interior that have little holes in them and i was wondering how i can fix them. Or should i just redo whole interior to match my new exterior color?

Bloodlust
03-29-2004, 01:44 PM
Sorry about that i should of explained it better yes i am talking about the headliner and door panels of the interior that have little holes in them and i was wondering how i can fix them. Or should i just redo whole interior to match my new exterior color?

Well the headliner you could go to any local interior apholster and get it done for about 150 or so. As far as getting your door panels fixed... u might be out of luck unless you can find replacements either in a junkyard or in market place. Getting the rips and stuff redone can be extremely expensive and in my mind not worth it. My advice would to look around, post a thread in market place for what you need.

k-roy
03-29-2004, 02:33 PM
Mike you are thinking too hard. A trip to the local fabric shop and some $$ is all you need.
Use a gun to heat up the new vinyl a little and glue it to the panel or the headliner. Or go with cloth, leather, etc... Just search the net for howto customize interiors. You can do something unique and it will not cost too much. Hell you could even redo the whole interior if you want.

BKKloppenborg
03-29-2004, 02:52 PM
Mike you are thinking too hard. A trip to the local fabric shop and some $$ is all you need.
Use a gun to heat up the new vinyl a little and glue it to the panel or the headliner. Or go with cloth, leather, etc... Just search the net for howto customize interiors. You can do something unique and it will not cost too much. Hell you could even redo the whole interior if you want.

lol i want black leather would look nice with all the colors i want how much would that cost about to get it and have some 1 do it?

MrBen
03-29-2004, 10:05 PM
How about calling around?

k-roy
03-29-2004, 10:09 PM
Leather is not worth it, you can spend more on that than you did on the car without blinking an eye. Look for some high quality Vinyl instead. As for prices im not a dealer so I don't know. Take some measurements, crack open the yellow pages and make some calls. If you want to see some sick interior modifications search through Pearldrop's posts, his shit is dope.

BKKloppenborg
04-01-2004, 07:54 PM
Leather is not worth it, you can spend more on that than you did on the car without blinking an eye. Look for some high quality Vinyl instead. As for prices im not a dealer so I don't know. Take some measurements, crack open the yellow pages and make some calls. If you want to see some sick interior modifications search through Pearldrop's posts, his shit is dope.

thats true leather is expensive, i will just maybye redo the interior the oly thing about that is its a pain in the ass to change the back seat and doors that are gold so i just might say fuck it i will just keep the interior color but only change exterior.

HondaBoy
04-03-2004, 07:10 PM
you could try redoing the stuff yourself like i did. im not any type of professional with this, although people think i am. heres pix of what i did.
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=32497